Editing/Deleting caches along a route.

Pharmadude

I created a PQ last week and ran it on Wednesday.

It generated too many caches for my requirements, so I reduced the search distance to 0.1 mi, narrowed the cache type to Traditional, and Terrain/Difficulty to <=1.5, rescheduled to today (Monday).

I clicked on Submit Information and received the following

"Your request has resulted in an error.

You may choose to retry your previous request.

Or you may tell us what you were doing when this error occurred."

I submitted a reply (but have not received an answer)

I then decided to delete the original PQ and restart from scratch.

From the My Pocket Queries list, I selected the PQ in question, and clicked on 'Delete this query'

Once again, I receive the same error message

"Your request has resulted in an error.

You may choose to retry your previous request.

Or you may tell us what you were doing when this error occurred."

What do I do now?

Two thoughts.

1] "Preview" your pocket query before you run it. That will show you whether it does what you want without wasting one of your daily 5.

2] When you get that error message. Click on Refresh. Most of the time you'll proceed on your merry way to wherever you were headed. I've submitted those before and have never, ever heard back. Now, as long as I can keep going my attitude is "Who knows, who cares?"

Cache on.

Two thoughts.

1] "Preview" your pocket query before you run it. That will show you whether it does what you want without wasting one of your daily 5.

2] When you get that error message. Click on Refresh. Most of the time you'll proceed on your merry way to wherever you were headed. I've submitted those before and have never, ever heard back. Now, as long as I can keep going my attitude is "Who knows, who cares?"

Cache on.

Thanks. I'll give it a shot

I just made several changes to a route PQ and did not get any errors.

I don't have any answers for you. But something similar happened to me about a year ago with some "routes" I made that did not actually follow any roads. It was a known bug at the time and was subsequently fixed. Perhaps it was not completely fixed.

I have a hard time believing it makes any difference if the route follows roads or not. Do you think Groundspeak is checking that? All they care about are the coordinates of the route points.

Just to reiterate

1) My route PQ follows the roads

2) I successfully created several PQs but they were yielding too many results.

3) When I edit them, I get an error message

4) When I attempt to delete them I get an error message

Only by archiving them and creating a new PQ can I get anywhere.