30 day premium membership

jtnoyst

There is written, that:

"Each new Garmin device can be set up to receive a complimentary 30-day Groundspeak Premium Membership."

But when I try to use it with my new Etrex Venture HC it says unit not registered.

Is it somehow connected with the fact, that all Etrex units are registered without SN on My Garmin?

Edited by nicktodorov

I tried this with my Etrex Legend HCx and this worked. I had previously registered my GPS at garmin.com.

Since I was already a premium member, it added one month to my current subscription. Cool. Glad I came across this topic.

Hi. I just wanted to say thanks to the OP for bringing up the subject. Also thanks to Motorcycle_Mama for the link and also to scottch for mentioning it will extend a premium membership by one month. If I hadn't run across this info I'd have missed out on getting a 1 month extension on my premium membership. I'd heard about this program before, but just assumed since I'd already bought a membership I was out of luck. So thank you everybody!!!! :)

I registered my new 60 csx, and when I try to activate the 30 day free membership. At the bottom of the page where it says to activate, it is grayed out and won't let me activate. What am I doing wrong? Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Craig

+1

My Garmin Nuvi 500 was already registered, plugin updated and verified, but trial activation page sits there "detecting plugin......" with the activation button greyed out. Am I correct that this is a geocaching.com issure rather then a Garmin issue?

Hello everyone,

I too had teh same problem after registering with garmin last weekend. The link was grayed out at the bottom of the page also. What I did was to use the contact us link at the bottom of any geocaching page . I let them know exactly what was going on and a lady named Annie emailed me right back asking for my serial number from my new unit. Once I emailed it back to her she set me up with the 30 day free mebership for me. Works great and Thanks Annie if you see this. :)

i purchased a garmin colorado 400t it said it came with a free 30 day premium membership how do i claim it . I cant even find out how to contact Groundspeak

Man, I just bought a Colorado 400 t and never saw or read anything about that... I'm a

I just took the plung for a full year... I'm always a day late and a dollar short...

No big deal, I woulda bought it anyway so, its not much of a loss... Plus, now I can feel like I contributed something to helping maintain the site...

i purchased a garmin colorado 400t it said it came with a free 30 day premium membership how do i claim it . I cant even find out how to contact Groundspeak

Man, I just bought a Colorado 400 t and never saw or read anything about that... I'm a

I just took the plung for a full year... I'm always a day late and a dollar short...

No big deal, I woulda bought it anyway so, its not much of a loss... Plus, now I can feel like I contributed something to helping maintain the site...

I believe it will add another 30 days to your subscription on top of your premium membership. somebody please correct me if i'm wrong.

Also, i've never gotten it to work. i just got my Venture HC and it keeps saying "detecting plugin" yet i've confirmed it works with the above link to garmins site. i've also registered it on the site as well.

Hello everyone,

I too had teh same problem after registering with garmin last weekend. The link was grayed out at the bottom of the page also. What I did was to use the contact us link at the bottom of any geocaching page . I let them know exactly what was going on and a lady named Annie emailed me right back asking for my serial number from my new unit. Once I emailed it back to her she set me up with the 30 day free mebership for me. Works great and Thanks Annie if you see this. :unsure:

Annie quickly took care of setting me up as well, so another big THANKS to her as well. GPSr loaded up and ready to cache in on the fun!

Thanks as well to kev-val.

Edited by OlderNDirt49

There is written, that:

"Each new Garmin device can be set up to receive a complimentary 30-day Groundspeak Premium Membership."

But when I try to use it with my new Etrex Venture HC it says unit not registered.

Is it somehow connected with the fact, that all Etrex units are registered without SN on My Garmin?

Hmm - Interesting. When I registered my older Legend (yep - the blue sparkly one) that I had never registered with My Garmin I was able to use the 30 Premium Trial for Geocaching.com.

FWIW: I had to use my serial number even for my older Legend first generation unit.