"found cache" map integrated into Profile

WHO-DEY

I upload a map onto my profile that shows the states that I have found a cache in. Now, I live in Michigan...and have only found in Michigan. I may use the "county map" one I have seen recently in some others profiles. In any case, is it possible to have that map idea part of the profile handled by GC.com? It stores the info already, it updates info as you enter in so many ways....is there a way to have that, and some other info hard coded? Even things like "favorite cache", and "hardest cache" Most memorable cache, and why" Just an idea instead of downloading, and then uploading back etc. For an example...go to my public profile....it is 50 caches out of date...but you will get the idea.

-Who-Dey

no reason to have GC.com get involved in our profiles. everybody does something a bit different. I use GSAK and a couple different macros to create my profile. I even use another program to get the DeLorme Challlenge image that I then upload to Photobucket and then insert a link into my GSAK routine to make that map show in my profile.

no reason to have GC.com get involved in our profiles. everybody does something a bit different. I use GSAK and a couple different macros to create my profile. I even use another program to get the DeLorme Challlenge image that I then upload to Photobucket and then insert a link into my GSAK routine to make that map show in my profile.

Oh! I like your DeLorme Challenge map. How do you do that?

Jim

Seeing the way Groundspeak works, if they did add this, there would be only one way it would work, which would not be optimum, and we'd have daily threads asking (and sometimes insisting) that the format be changed.

Or we could stick with the status quo, where there are at least half a dozen different sites and programs to get stats on your profile, each one customizable to various degrees.

but my reasoning is that not all of us are technically, GSAK, GPX etc. inclined. So, for the less learned of us...it would be a nice option. I know many people that wouuld enjot it. And perhaps you could have a "use this" or "do not use this" check box for those that like to upload on their own.