you might no longer be a noob if....

ras_oscar

I'm presently a NOOB. Thought it would be fun to gather a list of serious or humerous things that make someone no longer a NOOB. Here's my first contributions ( although as a NOOB not sure I qualify to add entries own my own list!!!

You might no longer be a NOOB if...

:D you find yourself posting more answers than questions

:D you find yourself grumbling about the "youngsters"

:P you pack of caching supplies is bigger than your infant's diaper bag

:D you have more than one GPS and are shopping for a backup unit

You no longer think that hiding a cache under a light pole skirt represents skillful cunning on the part of the cache owner.

You no longer start digging when you get to ground zero.

You no longer spend five minutes trying to get your GPSr to show precisely "0 feet" from the cache before starting to hunt.

After finding a cache while out with your kids, you suggest they search "around that big cedar tree" instead of hauling out the cache and dancing around waving it in the air.

Edited by rtreit

You get to the general area of the cache, look around, and think, "that's where I'd hide it." And the cache is there.

You realize that not all cachers are like you. So you don't post every 'whine' here on the forums.

Edited by JoesBar

You no longer read any logs, or the cache page and half the time forget the GPS but still find the cache because you looked at the map and know how the hider likes to put things. (who am I kidding, half the time I don't even look at who hide it, just look at the map before leaving work.)

You no longer read any logs, or the cache page and half the time forget the GPS but still find the cache because you looked at the map and know how the hider likes to put things. (who am I kidding, half the time I don't even look at who hide it, just look at the map before leaving work.)

1. You realise that a film pot in a hedge does NOT equal a crafty hide.

2. ( a ) You learn to use the search function in these forums, or ( b ) you learn to read previous posts in a thread before jumping in with your 2 weeks/20 finds worth of experience.

Edited by keehotee

When you show up on this list (Scroll down to the list of names)

See, I told you I was still a NOOB. In all seriousness I am still finding new styles and hides. And I can't find an ammo can hidden in California shrub brush to save my life.

Where in California are you? My first find was 20 mins from L.A. and it was an ammo can. Theres pleanty out there.

When the compass thingy points that-a-way but you STAY ON THE TRAIL!

When you get turned around in the woods but you find your way back easily because you WAYPOINTED YOUR TRUCK!

When you're ready to buy a new vehicle and you pass up the 35mpg hybrid for the 15mpg Nissan Frontier 4WD PRO-4X because there's a cache way down a sandy road that's been on your "nearest to home" list for 3 years!

(OK, that's not the only reason I bought the truck. It's got a great sound system, too!)

when you figure out what the r in GPSr means (I still dont know) :( .:Guess im a total noob!:. :D

edit: oh god! even more noobish, i posted twice!

The r is the actual handheld GPS receiver you use. Also, you are no longer a noob if 1: you have stopped doing the drunken bee dance (simular to trying to find 0 feet), 2: you are creative with light pole caches so that they are not predicable, and 3: you no longer double post. :D

When you start thinking sneaky, devilish, evil thoughts and find that nano in the woods lickety-split! That was my caching partner....but I was there!

When you ignore your caching partner, look to the heavens for guidance from the "caching gods" and find the micro hanging right above you!

I think I always want to be a bit of a noob though....I have nowhere near the expertise of a lot of folks here, and will still ask questions.

When you go on vacation and you make sure to plan your itinerary to include caching :D

-Rozie

This was the turning point for me!!! Do this now every time. :(

Also, when your 9-year-old is concerned that muggles are watching when we retrieve and replace caches.

Edited by laxrefd3