"Cointests Only"

GeocoinGuy

So... let's try this again... "Cointests Only" Part Deux

I was thinking to myself why there wasn't a specific thread dedicated to 'cointests'. While I realize there is a specific forum for 'Geocoin Discussions', this thread isn't about 'discussing' geocoins. This is a contest thread.

There is no angst to sift through, and why should the folks over in the Geocoin Discussion forum have all the fun? This is an opportunity for anyone to run a 'cointest'. So, here are the rules of the thread:

1. Only one 'cointest' can be run at any one time.

2. Only one entry per 'cointest' is allowed.

3. Please follow the conditions of the current cointest.

4. No cointest should run more than 5 days, so others can conduct their own 'cointest' in this thread.

5. Photos of the geocoin to be awarded shall be posted at the beginning of the cointest for all to see.

6. Have fun with it!

I shall start :P

This cointest is for the coveted "Bad Jeremy" geocoin. A coin which I produced and is the personal coin of the head frog himself :D

BJ.jpg

Cointest conditions

1. Post a photo of the evilest cache you have come across, either hidden or found. Virtuals and Mystery caches (puzzle caches) do not qualify. Post the cache page with your entry.

2. Entries shall be taken until Friday, April 10th at HIGH NOON.

3. Entries shall be judged by myself.

4. Winner shall receive the unactivated 'Bad Jeremy' geocoin as pictured above. (tracking number has been removed from photo)

Let the game begin. Good Luck!!!

Edited by GeocoinGuy

Sounds like fun! And a good idea..............

Since I have one of these beauties (and they are amazing) I wlll bow out of this one, but I will be thinking of my own cointest to run here at some point :P I have been wanting to...........

Thanks for the thread Jim!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I will bite. This cache is not actually designed to be evil, I think, but the owner placed it in a very spider-centric place.

I admire spiders, but I'm scared to death of them.

0f260d89-7a8d-462d-9236-9ada7cf7c819.jpg

Two Sisters

Wait a minute -- those aren't spiders! Those are nekkid ladies!

You've got to read the log to find out more about the spider, though I warn you: it's a garden-variety encounter from other people's point of view, I am sure.

For me, though, it was the absolute scariest moment I've encountered while Geocaching...so far. I'm sure scarier moments will be a comin' as I get back into 'caching with our fair summer weather.

Here's the legend of the two sisters, by the way, from the same log entry:

1d29ec84-1131-4430-9da5-566676144ac7.jpg

GCXN6K

guardingthecache2.jpg

When Iron Tom Flint, the dirty river pirate, parted ways with his crow Corvus, they left a cache and a piece of a treasure map. but they left behind a guardian as well.

....... the cache was above our heads and Vic reached up into the hollow top of the stump and felt fur. I climbed a nearby log to take the pic of the guardian.

Edited by catsnfish

The Sint Hubertuscache

:)

We were warned in the logs that you have difficulty to open this cache.

So we were curious what we will find.

The way to the cache. :D

97ac0ffc-9434-475c-ae7b-2042d57b2cb0.jpg

179dba6a-b7d9-4ff3-9afc-9990399b31d9.jpg

De cache. :huh:

0bfa5b9f-c23a-4ee3-9588-d92f63b24cff.jpg

De cache was fast spotted but to open this "bomb' that has give us some drop of sweat. :)

But we manage :D

This was and is a strange and looking danger cache is ever have seen. ;)

i think when mugglers found it the bombsquad will be called <_<

thanks for the cointest. :D

The Sint Hubertuscache

:D

We were warned in the logs that you have difficulty to open this cache.

So we were curious what we will find.

The way to the cache. B)

97ac0ffc-9434-475c-ae7b-2042d57b2cb0.jpg

179dba6a-b7d9-4ff3-9afc-9990399b31d9.jpg

De cache. :D

0bfa5b9f-c23a-4ee3-9588-d92f63b24cff.jpg

De cache was fast spotted but to open this "bomb' that has give us some drop of sweat. :blink:

But we manage :D

This was and is a strange and looking danger cache is ever have seen. :)

i think when mugglers found it the bombsquad will be called :blink:

thanks for the cointest. :D

I really like the little path to the cache. I found the container a bit scary though :)

I was thinking to myself why there wasn't a specific thread dedicated to 'cointests'. While I realize there is a specific forum for 'Geocoin Discussions', this thread isn't about 'discussing' geocoins. This is a contest thread.

There is no angst to sift through, and why should the folks over in the Geocoin Discussion forum have all the fun? This is an opportunity for anyone to run a 'cointest'.

Sorry, still moving to the Geocoin forum.

GCXN6K

guardingthecache2.jpg

When Iron Tom Flint, the dirty river pirate, parted ways with his crow Corvus, they left a cache and a piece of a treasure map. but they left behind a guardian as well.

....... the cache was above our heads and Vic reached up into the hollow top of the stump and felt fur. I climbed a nearby log to take the pic of the guardian.

EEK!!!!