The Wizard - A Mystery Coin?

Clan Doyle

Ah! Here we are. A little retracing of my steps after the event led me to the liquor cabinet, where I found The Wizard hanging out with the Scotch. :blink:

IMG_4545.jpg

IMG_4546.jpg

I really spent way to much time trying to find the picture, has the forumes only changed for me? Any how love the quality control Humor. The design tickles my eyes but the humor tickles my heart. Thanks for the picture post! Thanks for making this coin.

These are really great looking coins. I would love to have a wizard's staff like that - or a least one that could help locate a micro. Sometimes I love the challenge of the search but the parking lot dumpster area ones could use a little "Blast"

CONGRATULATIONS to those who have received the coin.

WOW...we need the Wizard to visit a few of our local caches! :unsure: You just tell me if you need a list :yikes: POOF...all gone!~Now thats a happy thought! :D

Wish it was that easy sometimes :lol: Cool Coin... I wonder who may be the Wizard!!!!!!! :D Ill be keepin my eye out for this one!

A second that emotion. My stats for successfully finding micros are pretty dismal. Maybe if I didn't log my DNFs, but the scientist in me likes accuracy. :unsure:

Perhaps I just have the wrong motivation? If the likelihood of finding one of these fabulous, micro-zapping wizard coins increases the more I look for micros, then my success rate might improve? Hmmmm...I need to crunch some numbers on that one.

Fun coin, though - congratulations to the fortunate recipients!

WOW...we need the Wizard to visit a few of our local caches! :o You just tell me if you need a list :D POOF...all gone!~Now thats a happy thought! :D

Wish it was that easy sometimes ;) Cool Coin... I wonder who may be the Wizard!!!!!!! :ph34r: Ill be keepin my eye out for this one!

Yea, it seems there are 2500 micros and 10 ammo cans where I live. Come on Wizard!

Edited by Tennessee Jed

WOW...we need the Wizard to visit a few of our local caches! :o You just tell me if you need a list :D POOF...all gone!~Now thats a happy thought! :D

Wish it was that easy sometimes ;) Cool Coin... I wonder who may be the Wizard!!!!!!! :ph34r: Ill be keepin my eye out for this one!

Yea, it seems there are 2500 micros and 10 ammo cans where I live. Come on Wizard!

And here I thought YOU would have one by now :(

The "gist" of the back side is awesome. Zap those badly placed micros!

Yes, I love it. It's the dumpster behind the Gas station!!

I foresee a series here, how about the next one being near the toilets/garbages at rest stops?

The worst micro we ever looked for was near some toilets.....men's toilets LOL. I felt so embarassed hanging around there and it took ages to find because the co-ords were so off!!!!!!! :o

Great looking coin and one that makes you smile!! :D

I wanted to resurrect this thread for a bit, since it is such a great coin and I'm hopeful to be lucky enough to see one "for real" someday! In the meantime, I'm trying to increase my success rate with micros with variable success. All part of the game, right?

Any new recipients out there who may have received/found one but couldn't locate this thread?

Wow!! This wizard DOES have powers!!

Mrs. Pirate was dusting (yes, how boring) when she discovered an untrackable coin

mixed up with our activated trackables?? How odd and she couldn't remember having

bought or traded for the coin. :D

Checked the forums and found this topic.

Our version has a yellow background. Very cool coin.

Now if we can just figure out how it got where it did. :)

Wow!! This wizard DOES have powers!!

Mrs. Pirate was dusting (yes, how boring) when she discovered an untrackable coin

mixed up with our activated trackables?? How odd and she couldn't remember having

bought or traded for the coin. :)

Checked the forums and found this topic.

Our version has a yellow background. Very cool coin.

Now if we can just figure out how it got where it did. :D

Congrats to two very deserving people for sure! Does this mean you are not allowed to approve any more micro caches?

If this guy ZAPS micros in BIG pine trees, we'ld like to see him visit Greeley, CO. :rolleyes:

Our last foray over there ended up being almost nothin' but MIPTs. Tiny micros (more like nanos!) in BIG pine trees with co-ords off by as much as 137'....deliberately. Supposed to use the hint to find the cache. The hint?? BIG Pine Tree. :unsure:

No joke!!!! On one the co-ords take you 137' away across the street in the middle of 3 BIG pine trees. The hint: One of the two trees closest to a statue. Almost DNFed it, before deciding to check the trees 60' behind the statue across the street. We pulled up to the next cache (Traditional), got to GZ in the open middle of a park, read the description to find out the cache wasn't at posted co-ords it was an "offset cache" use the hint (no numbers, ie. x amount of feet at xxx degrees bearing). Found it 80' away. The next brought us to a small pine tree where a gnat couldn't hide and again after checkin' the hint: BIG pine tree, found it 40' away in a HUGE pine tree. Such was our whole day yesterday........SIGH! :anibad:

Almost forgot........there was also the one with the hint that said, "BIG BUSH".....................

Like we didn't know that.............................:anibad:

I feel your pain and wish the Wizard fleeted feet in getting to do all the zappin he's got ahead of him. :rolleyes:

My personal wizard was wondering if some day he could meet the coin wizard, because he can't find him in his glass ball;

He likes to help blast away those micro's, but he doesn't have the right spell.

8dc0292a-f2fe-4956-9899-d71a48b169fc.jpg

He likes the looks very much and also want to congratulate the ones who received one.

Edited by JackHoe

I love this coin and the concept of blasting the micros!!! I am new to caching and in my area there are not a huge amount of micros, however while on vacation in St. Louis I was hard pressed to find anything but a micro. I wanted to drop of a few TBs but couldn't find a cache large enough for them :D I ended up giving one TB to a fellow cacher we found in the woods LOL.

So I wish The Wizard good luck as be welds his staff and blasts those evil mircos