The Wizard - A Mystery Coin?

Clan Doyle

At a recent local event, after a little coin trading, I found myself in posession of an extra coin. I asked around, but no one claimed it, but one attendee claimed he thought it was a mystery coin. I haven't found anything about it in searching the forums, so I thought I'd ask the question up front. It's a BN coin, with a wizard and the words "The Wizard" on one side, and a picture of microcaches with the words "Quality Control" on the other. No tracking number, or number of any kind. I'll post a pic as soon as I get back home (on vacation right now), it's really an awesome coin. If it is a mystery coin, thank you to the one who dropped it, it was very generous of you.

Edited by Clan Doyle

At a recent local event, after a little coin trading, I found myself in posession of an extra coin. I asked around, but no one claimed it, but one attendee claimed he thought it was a mystery coin. I haven't found anything about it in searching the forums, so I thought I'd ask the question up front. It's a BN coin, with a wizard and the words "The Wizard" on one side, and a picture of various caches with the words "Quality Control" on the other. No tracking number, or number of any kind. I'll post a pic as soon as I get back home (on vacation right now), it's really an awesome coin. If it is a mystery coin, thank you to the one who dropped it, it was very generous of you.

Well that is downright cruel to start this thread, talk about your coin and tell us you can't post a picture right now :D:) Looking forward to seeing it and congrat's if it turns out to be a mystery coin!

At a recent local event, after a little coin trading, I found myself in posession of an extra coin. I asked around, but no one claimed it, but one attendee claimed he thought it was a mystery coin. I haven't found anything about it in searching the forums, so I thought I'd ask the question up front. It's a BN coin, with a wizard and the words "The Wizard" on one side, and a picture of various caches with the words "Quality Control" on the other. No tracking number, or number of any kind. I'll post a pic as soon as I get back home (on vacation right now), it's really an awesome coin. If it is a mystery coin, thank you to the one who dropped it, it was very generous of you.

Well that is downright cruel to start this thread, talk about your coin and tell us you can't post a picture right now :D:) Looking forward to seeing it and congrat's if it turns out to be a mystery coin!

YES - What Tsun said :D !

I ended up with one of them at a recent event too! (though darned if I know what I did with it). The fellow who gave it to me just said that it was a Landsharkz quality control coin. I didn't ask what he meant by that. I just put it in my pocket and kept talking with the group I was with.

When I got home and had a look at it, I was pretty impressed. It depicts a wizard blasting a micro with a bolt of energy from his staff. It also features hard and soft enamel on both sides of the coin -- I didn't think you could use hard and soft enamel together.

Wish I cold find it to take a picture for everyone!!!

[edited to fix numerous typos :)]

Edited by E&Cplus3

Yep, that's the one. Funny thing is, I have a pretty good idea who passed it to me, though I will keep his identity a secret (wouldn't be a mystery if I didn't :) ) Thanks for the compliments, it's definately one of my favorite coins and messages, though I only got a quick look at it before we left on vacation and didn't see the significance of the backside. Once again, thanx to the coiner, and this will get a place of honor in my collection.

Wow! That is an amazing coin. I love coins with a fantasy theme (and don't like micros...). The colors look really good, not too bright but the more subtle colors. The coin looks very mysterious, a real mystery coin!

Congrats to the recipients (and to the designer!) :P

Did you just admit you have a MICRO in the WOODS?!! Do you want to get zapped? :)

ROFL! I normally avoid micros but two of my favourite finds are just because the size of the cache was so out of scale to the landscape.

One was by a notorious hider of micros, with coords 12 meters off and hint under a tree (in a forest naturally) but the best was on top of a wee mountain.

I am killing myself on the longest ever hike, all on my own ( this was Oz's first caching game and the first aussie geocoin was a prize ) 8 hours, scaled the boulders with gaps that could swallow little me no problem to the summit. Did I mention I have a fear of heights? Last log was a DNF with good reason. Hidden under an enormous chunk of granite which took two hands to lift was a film cannister which still somehow managed to have swaps crammed into it like a one winged plastic galah. That was a great hike - magnificent scenery, saw my first ever Christmas bells and to cap it off a good laugh at the cache.

Did you just admit you have a MICRO in the WOODS?!! Do you want to get zapped? :blink:

ROFL! I normally avoid micros but two of my favourite finds are just because the size of the cache was so out of scale to the landscape.

One was by a notorious hider of micros, with coords 12 meters off and hint under a tree (in a forest naturally) but the best was on top of a wee mountain.

I am killing myself on the longest ever hike, all on my own ( this was Oz's first caching game and the first aussie geocoin was a prize ) 8 hours, scaled the boulders with gaps that could swallow little me no problem to the summit. Did I mention I have a fear of heights? Last log was a DNF with good reason. Hidden under an enormous chunk of granite which took two hands to lift was a film cannister which still somehow managed to have swaps crammed into it like a one winged plastic galah. That was a great hike - magnificent scenery, saw my first ever Christmas bells and to cap it off a good laugh at the cache.

:blink::D MIcros on mountain tops...OK!

That is the exception, who wants to carry an ammocan in their pack on a long hike? Micros are much more lightweight!