Weird cache containers

I had come across some of the fake dog poop containers so I wanted to up that just a little and made this one. To make it blend in better I placed it next to a sewer treatment area so you get the smell to go along with the cache. It's made with latex so it also has somewhat of a squishy feel to it. So far everyone that has found it thinks it gross but has loved it and those that have not made it to the area yet say they can't wait to see it. The GC for the cache to see a couple of pics that cachers have posted is GC2833A.

2iw25ip.jpg

Today we were out looking for a letterbox & stumbled on a geocache. I couldn't read the ID number if there was one...the original log was full so someone had stuck another paper in a ziploc. It was a piece of a tree limb split and hollowed out and the camo's pouch was velcroed to the bottom. It had log ins dated back to 2008 so it has been there awhile but it's not listed on here that I can see.

I have found some of the same kinds as seen above....the metal plate and the vinyl numbers were favorites. The gnome with the green bullet and the frog with the hollowed out bottom were cool too.

One of my very first ones was the Lost Dog sign. It was velcroed to the telephone pole. The magnetic key holders are popular here....and the very best one was a sign that had a door on the end of a square pipe....it was inside there....

happy trails,

armadillogal

Edited by armadillogal

My husband picked a cache to find titled "ewwww" When he did find it, he said "ewwww". The person who placed it molded some plastic to look like chewed up gum and placed it under a utility box. The cache was in the middle of the "gum" It was awesome!

In Oklahoma, there are a few birdhouse caches. They are mounted out in the open for everyone to see and not looking like a place for a bird at all. They are the coolest and most obvious caches I have seen.

My father, the rancher, wants to develop a Cow pie cache. something about latex covering a real one.

I saw a creative basic cache - a log, a magnet, all in a duct tape wrap. These are slipped in between double side road signs.

I am working on a grass covered cache. I will post it if is looks good. That is what I was looking for when I ran across this one.

I have a few cool ones that I haven't placed yet.

One is the acorn nano, another a small log with a hollowed out area for a film cannister, a few screws/bolts, one that is blades of fake grass with a tube attached to the end of it.

One I came across recently was a paper mache like piece molded over chicken coop wire and a baggie taped to the underside. It was shaped and painted to look like an ant mound and was placed in the woods at the base of a tree.

Love reading about all of these!

for me, it was a flat magnet with letters/numbers on it and it blended in with the metal object it was on. you had to 'peel' off the cache to sign the log paper taped to the back of this 'thin' cache.

I've found one almost exactly like that. It was two magnets together with a number on each and the ziploc bag on the back. It was on a light pole at a walgreens. :(

I went to the Merritt Island, FL store with A Cool Cache out front, and saw some weird cache containers, like a golf ball hollowed out with a tube inside. There was also a tennis ball like that. The cache out front is an ammo can that is a few feet tall that the owners made themselves. I saw a pinecone with a tube in it there as well. You should really check out this store. (And if you need help with A/C, they can help you with that, too.) :(

One I traveled to last summer here in Ohio had a great story to it. I don't remember what it was called, but the word troll was in the name. He tells a story about trolls being rescued or something and that you need to find them and give them a new home. I thought maybe he was being literal and took my son with me who loves trolls and action figures, but when we got there, we were surprised to find it full of the 35 MM film canisters, each with it's own plastic bagged log. The canisters were the trolls that he wanted the cachers to adopt and asked that finders post on his cache page where they gave them a new home, meaning where they became micro caches, so he could visit them in the future. My son was bummed they weren't real trolls, but I thought it was great.

Man, if only I was closer to Ohio. Florida isn't very close, I don't think. :(

There is a cool series in Dunnellon, FL by K & J @ PLAY. They hollowed out places (ex. cut off branch, hollowed out end of it, put hole in tree, and put a bison tube in the end of the branch. It was pretty cool.) Oh, and you know the yellow things that mark electric fences? They hollowed the bottom of one that wasn't electric anymore out and put a bison tube in it. :(

My first year of geocaching I was looking for a cache deep in the woods and all I saw was a plastic turkey decoy. Since turkey hunting was common in this state I ignored it, until my son insisted we go check it out. The back had a door on it and it was hollow inside. It was the cache!

Edited by chuckr30

GC10PZ1 (image in log) appeared to have been intentionally made to look like a pipe bomb. The cache only survived for 1 day before the bomb squad came.

We've found several caches looking exactly like that here in the UK that were placed by one cacher in particular. They were all placed years ago when security issues were not so much to the forefront. One we looked for was around an electrical Board instilation!!!!!!

my wierdest cache was a phone book. when i got to gz, my son and i were looking all over for something magnetic attached to the booth. finally we looked in the phonebook that is attached and there was signatures all over the yellowpages as a log! to rub salt i on this one, it was near a bail bondsmans office and womens prison and here we were lurking around this phonebooth!!!

for me, it was a flat magnet with letters/numbers on it and it blended in with the metal object it was on. you had to 'peel' off the cache to sign the log paper taped to the back of this 'thin' cache.

I found a similar one blended so well, I had three other guys who use their eyes for finding faults & irregularities search & it took them a good 10 minutes to find it once they got to GZ. At 10 minutes I got tired of laughing my butt off & they got tired of me laughing. ;)

http://www.photoshop.com/accounts/f651a34e...8afba391260d766

This was a short lived but very popular cache that I recently hid. About 20 people found it before it got archived. Most of them really enjoyed it. Short lived because it turns out you're not allowed to use a utility pole to hide a cache. So it's now archived but I'm looking for a new place to hide this container.

the weirdest find was two micro containers hidden in a bra the was wrapped around the base of a tree.

That's hilarious & weird at the same time! I think muggles wouldn't even want to touch that one if they happened upon it.

There is a cache in our area that is hidden inside of a pair of jeans just lying on the ground in a little wooded area off the side of a road. There is a baggie with the log inside one of the pockets. I was reluctant at first to stick my hand in there. That was probably the weirdest one we've come across & will never forget.

Dang....now I have a strange feeling I know where one of my DNF's is... :)

I haven't come across anything really bizarre yet. A couple of fake birdhouses. Probably the oddest container I've found was a flashlight. Just a regular cheap plastic D-cell flashlight. But it was hidden under a flagpole skirt, so it could have been any kind of container. We also found a tubular container where the cap was the cap of an acorn, stuck in the fork of a tree.

I still like the fake electric plates, I had a couple of those that really threw me when I was first starting out. I'm a fan of the "hiding in plain sight" kind of hide.

We have a night cache here deep in the woods. you go to a set of three reflectors and turn on your track log on your gps. Then you follow the trail of reflectors. when your at the end your gps draws out the next step of the multi you have to complete. As far as regular caches go. There is an ammo can in a very crowded part of town. when you open it a loud alarm goes off directing everyones attention to you. Kind of scary but fun for those who know its there.

We have a night cache here deep in the woods. you go to a set of three reflectors and turn on your track log on your gps. Then you follow the trail of reflectors. when your at the end your gps draws out the next step of the multi you have to complete. As far as regular caches go. There is an ammo can in a very crowded part of town. when you open it a loud alarm goes off directing everyones attention to you. Kind of scary but fun for those who know its there.

That sounds pretty awesome. Do you know the GC? I'd love to read some of the logs.

I really want too make a cache out of a small aplience (toaster, microwave, coffee maker,etc.).Hollow it out and fill it with swag.But keep a seprete container inside the toaster etc. for waterproofing perposes.

Toaster cache is on it's way! I'm making it so there's a puzzle to open it, not sure if I should make it a puzzle cache yet. I won't reviel the answer to the puzzle but I will say it involves manipulating the original componints of the toaster. You probably can already tell the annswer. I will post pics and link once it comes out. Cache will be in British Columbia, Canada incase you were wondering.

Edited by fernorama

I had come across some of the fake dog poop containers so I wanted to up that just a little and made this one. To make it blend in better I placed it next to a sewer treatment area so you get the smell to go along with the cache. It's made with latex so it also has somewhat of a squishy feel to it. So far everyone that has found it thinks it gross but has loved it and those that have not made it to the area yet say they can't wait to see it. The GC for the cache to see a couple of pics that cachers have posted is GC2833A.

Very Creative!

2iw25ip.jpg

2iw25ip.jpg

I have a fake dog poop cache myself...Its first in my ECS series. Its just plaster molded into a dog poop shape, waterproof spraypainted AND painted brown for 3 coats. Then I put three coats of waterproof varnish for reinforcement.

Thanks for sharing!

this one took us three goes to find due to the bloody trees blocking signal and the fact that the boot had been camo painted then placed under some ferns. from memory the boot itself had been filled with expanding foam and then hollowed out from the heel inwards. very cool and rates as one of my favourites. just ignore the grinning goon.

S6305166.jpg

S6305167.jpg

S6305169.jpg

My favorite weird cache container would have to be a nano hiding under a park bench disguised as bubble gum! It took a while to find with the waiting on muggles to vacate. I finally had a chance and got down and crawled around on the ground until I saw this container. It was so similar to bubble gum though that at first I was skeptical to touch. Then I did and it moved! Voila! Thanks to everyone who puts out these kind of creative (even if slightly weird) containers!

2iw25ip.jpg

I have a fake dog poop cache myself...Its first in my ECS series. Its just plaster molded into a dog poop shape, waterproof spraypainted AND painted brown for 3 coats. Then I put three coats of waterproof varnish for reinforcement.

Thanks for sharing!

\\

I REALLY hate the way this thing looks...it is VERY PHALLIC! It is gross looking and I would pass on owning one and probably wouldn't touch one...I am not a prude but it is disgusting....

One of the coolest yet had little to do with the container but was all about the hide. the title of it is "ring my bell" and at GZ (in the middle of the woods mind you) on a tree is a door bell and when you ring it the chime is in the cache. There is a great story behind our FTf of this chach at 2am but that is for another thread mb.

I was out the other day searching for a LARGE. It ended up being what I can only guess what used to be a metal container that used to used to hold soda syrup before it was mixed with carbonated water at a soda fountain. It had a good metal lid with a thick rubber gasket. Plenty of room inside for trade items. Pretty neat. Too bad I didn't have my camera with me.