GPS Won't "talk" to Geocaching.com

My Colorado 400t is not being seen when I try to send a geocache to it from geocaching.com. When I go to the Garmin site and do a communication link test, it recognizes my unit and everything looks good. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing software and drivers, but nothing seems to work. I'm out of ideas and seriously bummed out.

I used to have no problem downloading caches. The one thing different between successful downloading in the past and now is that I had to do a system restore to an earlier date. I don't know if that would effected it(?)

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

My Colorado 400t is not being seen when I try to send a geocache to it from geocaching.com. When I go to the Garmin site and do a communication link test, it recognizes my unit and everything looks good. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing software and drivers, but nothing seems to work. I'm out of ideas and seriously bummed out.

I used to have no problem downloading caches. The one thing different between successful downloading in the past and now is that I had to do a system restore to an earlier date. I don't know if that would effected it(?)

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

I had a similiar problem with my Garmin 60CSx. Tried to upload on all three Computers we have, none of them worked. Then one time when I tried to upload I closely read the Popup window and it told me to click to re-identify myself to Garmin/Groundspeak. I clicked and everthing started working again. Hope this helps.

I had a similiar problem with my Garmin 60CSx. Tried to upload on all three Computers we have, none of them worked. Then one time when I tried to upload I closely read the Popup window and it told me to click to re-identify myself to Garmin/Groundspeak. I clicked and everthing started working again. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the suggestion BrrrMo. I don't see any such statement or anything similar when I try. The only thing I see is "Can't get it to run? Try installing the latest plugin here." I have the latest plug-in and as I said previously, when I do a link test on Garmin's site, everything looks good.

There was a change with the latest site update. You need to be a Premium Member.

Here's what OpinoNate posted in another thread (linked below).

(OpinioNate @ Feb 27 2009, 05:24 PM) *

Two things happening here.

1. Send to GPS is a Premium Member feature. It was never meant to be available to Basic Members but that was overlooked and supposed to have been restricted in the last release. Somehow the change was reversed but is scheduled to be fixed [again].

2. Send to GPS is not currently working in IE6. This is also scheduled to be fixed.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=215285

There was a change with the latest site update. You need to be a Premium Member.

1. Send to GPS is a Premium Member feature. It was never meant to be available to Basic Members but that was overlooked and supposed to have been restricted in the last release. Somehow the change was reversed but is scheduled to be fixed [again].

2. Send to GPS is not currently working in IE6. This is also scheduled to be fixed.

Well that would explain it. Thanks a lot for the information.

m

GGGGRRRR!!!! Now I'm starting to get mad! Paid for the Primium Membership and still won't work!!!

GGGGRRRR!!!! Now I'm starting to get mad! Paid for the Primium Membership and still won't work!!!

Both your Profile and your Forum "group" list you as a member...not a Premium Member.

If the site doesn't recognize you as a PM, you won't get the privileges.

Both your Profile and your Forum "group" list you as a member...not a Premium Member.

If the site doesn't recognize you as a PM, you won't get the privileges.

I signed up for the Premium Membership under my daughter's account which is "HopeFairy".

OK, now I'm (u1stafterme) signed in under my daughter's account. Premium Memmbership.

Edited by HopeFairy

What browser are you using? IE6 is known to have problems with the "Send to GPS". IE7 and Firefox work ok. Also, once your premium membership kicks in you won't need to that feature with a Colorado. You can just download the .gpx file directly from the cache page to your Colorado, no extra software needed.

What browser are you using? IE6 is known to have problems with the "Send to GPS". IE7 and Firefox work ok. Also, once your premium membership kicks in you won't need to that feature with a Colorado. You can just download the .gpx file directly from the cache page to your Colorado, no extra software needed.

Sorry JPatton, I'm going to plead ignorance on behalf of being a Noob. I know that the Colorado uses .gpx files, but I don't understand what you mean by "directly from the cache page". Got any links?

Sorry JPatton, I'm going to plead ignorance on behalf of being a Noob. I know that the Colorado uses .gpx files, but I don't understand what you mean by "directly from the cache page". Got any links?

Hook up your Colorado to the PC in Mass Storage mode. Now it appears as a drive.

Click the link for a GPX file on any listing page and save it in [drive]:\garmin\gpx folder on the colorado - unhook and go have fun!

Hook up your Colorado to the PC in Mass Storage mode. Now it appears as a drive.

Click the link for a GPX file on any listing page and save it in [drive]:\garmin\gpx folder on the colorado - unhook and go have fun!

COOL! I feel kind of stoopid now, but that makes a lot of sense. Works great. Thanks for putting up with me and all the rookie questions.

See you out there!

I'm premium and it doesn't work for me either. both ie and firefox

Also, "Send to GPS" is intended to be a premium member feature.

Then can Someone tell GARMIN that they're not allowed to post Geocache information free for all... on their site. I know there's the agreement, but They should link people to the MUCH MORE Usable geocaching.com .

The Steaks

P.S. Everything works Perfectly... even on my Phone...

Edited by eagsc7