PN40 Downloading Caches

I have a brand new PN40SE. I have managed to get the street maps loaded to it. I have even managed to get sections of the topo map loaded. I have no idea how I really did this but it happened. I can not seem to get caches loaded to it. I have GSK and had all these really cool caches lined out but now am disappointed that I can not get them to the PN40. I have no doubts it is operator error but any assistant would be appreciated.

Hopefully the following info will be helpful:

Windows XP

GSK

TOPO 7 (have not figured out this program)

PN40SE

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide. It stinks caching with the borrowed etrex when the new pn40 is sitting at home. :rolleyes:

I have a brand new PN40SE. I have managed to get the street maps loaded to it. I have even managed to get sections of the topo map loaded. I have no idea how I really did this but it happened. I can not seem to get caches loaded to it. I have GSK and had all these really cool caches lined out but now am disappointed that I can not get them to the PN40. I have no doubts it is operator error but any assistant would be appreciated.

Hopefully the following info will be helpful:

Windows XP

GSK

TOPO 7 (have not figured out this program)

PN40SE

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide. It stinks caching with the borrowed etrex when the new pn40 is sitting at home. :rolleyes:

I dont know if this will help because I'm new too but for my PN40 I find the cache I want and click the Send to GPS button . You obviously have to have it hooked up to the computer ith the USB cable. I dont know how to do a mass load so I load mine one at a time from the cache page that I am going after. Hope this helps.

:D:D:D:D Got it! :(:D:D:D

I tried the suggestions above and managed to get myself completely confussed and lost. Thank you for the assistance but I must have been to dense to grasp it. LOL

I stumbled on it by accident tonight. I set up a pocket query from google earth. Saved it as a GXP/GPX, something like that, file. Then opened the topo map program and used the draw tab to pull it into the topo map then transfered it. Hmmmm Once I got it to the topo map it is amazing how reading the directions in the book can sometimes help. I just could not figure out how to get it there but finally. I downloaded 500 caches in about 3 minutes from start to finish and that was drawing it into the map program.

Thank you again. I would be lost without this forum for getting information and educations. Much better than when I was in school. :P:D:D

Lassen

PS If anyone with the PN40 would like written steps on how I stumbled onto this mass download, that was really easy, kick me an email and I will try to spell it all out. I was amazed at how quick it went. I tried it again to make sure I wasn't dreaming. I used the GSK format but the topo map program that came with the PN40. I would love to be able to assist someone the way I have been helped in this forum.

Edited by Lassendograiser

:D:D:D:D Got it! :(:D:D:D

I tried the suggestions above and managed to get myself completely confussed and lost. Thank you for the assistance but I must have been to dense to grasp it. LOL

I stumbled on it by accident tonight. I set up a pocket query from google earth. Saved it as a GXP/GPX, something like that, file. Then opened the topo map program and used the draw tab to pull it into the topo map then transfered it. Hmmmm Once I got it to the topo map it is amazing how reading the directions in the book can sometimes help. I just could not figure out how to get it there but finally. I downloaded 500 caches in about 3 minutes from start to finish and that was drawing it into the map program.

Thank you again. I would be lost without this forum for getting information and educations. Much better than when I was in school. :P:D:D

Lassen

PS If anyone with the PN40 would like written steps on how I stumbled onto this mass download, that was really easy, kick me an email and I will try to spell it all out. I was amazed at how quick it went. I tried it again to make sure I wasn't dreaming. I used the GSK format but the topo map program that came with the PN40. I would love to be able to assist someone the way I have been helped in this forum.

The Delorme forums are currently down for maintenance but once they're back up I highly suggest you head over there and post any further questions you may have. Many knowledgeable PN-40 owners over there and they're happy to help out. There is also a PN-40 wiki here: http://delormepn40.wikispaces.com/

The wiki has many tutorials (most of which are also on the forums) to help with issues like the one you just resolved. Sorry I didn't respond to you post earlier. It might have saved some of your frustration.

Oops! I'm too slow typing. Lee beat me to it.

Edited by Pax42

Check this wiki for a lot of "how to" stuff:

http://delormepn40.wikispaces.com/

The latest FW update, 2.5, is really needed for the Send tp GPS capability:

http://forums.delorme.com/viewtopic.php?t=17506

To upload multiple caches from a PQ without GSAK:

http://forums.delorme.com/viewtopic.php?t=...asc&start=0

A macro that Tigerz so one can use GSAK with the above:

http://gsak.net/board/index.php?showtopic=11101