Geocoins as jewelry.......still can be "claimed"?

Sam&Ziggy

Hope I' m not out of line, but have to ask this. Just obtained 2 of the Honu coins. Got them for my wife because of her love for sea turtles. May send one out, but I was thinking of one as part of a necklace. Question is this: I have seen the decals for vehicles and shirts for toddlers that are trackable. Can the same be done for a geocoin or, for that matter, a TB dogtag? For example, if one comes across other cachers, can they claim these type of items as "found" and log them? How exactly should this be done if the item does not change hands?

Thanks for the quick answer, but I still need to know how they are logged in when they are not actually in another's possession.

Log them as keeping or exactly what you want . I have my own coin it's track able if I put it in a cache w/o instructions it's yours to do what you want with it. Also, if you but one from me it's also yours to do with what ever you want keep it, let it go, or give it away.

does that help? ;)

I had one of my personal coins wirewrapped by 0R0B0RUS. I wear it to events and people can discover me.

That is really nice! The wire so nearly matches the coin color that it looks like it's part of the coin. Of course it helps that it's such a nice coin to begin with.

Trackable items have really brought out the creativity in some people

I have seen travelbug dog tags . . .

screwed onto a walking stick - discover it if you meet the owner on the trail

soldered onto the roll bar of a Jeep - discover when you encounter

attached to a dogs collar - dog jewelry !

tattooed on a person's arm

There is a geocoin tracking code engraved on a manhole cover

(unlikely to get forgotten in the bottom of a backpack)

Just when I start to think that I have seen it all, I come across something that makes me realize that I will probably NEVER see it all . . . and that is a big part of what keeps me interested in this hobby

I gave two of those turtles as Christmas presents to my Daughter and Daughter-in-law. Just went to the craft store, bought some yardage of the craft heavy rope like thread and tied a knot and then secured it to the turtle with a hitch for a necklace. The craft store yardage cost about $0.50. A chain of couse could be used.

Wearable trackables are very popular. I am sure you can come up with a way for this to be used as a necklace.

Als-, thanks ST13PILOT for the post and idea about the Carousel Horses........nice!

We gave each other keys that are geocoins - when we got married on 08.08.08 and they can be discovered when we attend events. Like the carosel horse on a necklace too. We met Mrs. Blorenge in England last year and she wears a sand dollar as a necklace, it was very nice and we discovered that too :)

cheers

Gayle & Mark