The schwanky MOGA coin?

tsunrisebey

Order placed for a couple here too! WooHoo2 for this nite!

Since I'm in DC this week, I tried to stay up to order but failed. However, I did wake up at 2AM, threw on some clothes and down to the hotel lobby computer to order my new coins. Now I have all four metals. Can't wait till the new ones get here so I can take a "family" picture.

Joyce

To answer Sarah's question about staff - The directors of the event made the decision that staff would be those who placed caches and worked the day of the event. Some did both and got the staff coin. We then decided that we would leave it up to the director in charge of their area to decide who got the staff metal. In the end, I think everyone who worked the event on Saturday got a staff coin.

So the counts are as follows:

30 Staff Coins - Polished Silver

220 - Participants Coin - Antique Silver/Red Handle

250 - Participants Coin - Antique Gold/White Handle

Additional

300 - Special Purchase - Antique Silver/Red Handle

??? - Special Purchase - Copper/Black Handle (Limited Time Only)

For those at GWVII this year, I will be working the store from 10 - 11 and 12 - 1, Info Booth from 2 - 4, Hospitality from 4 - 5, and cleanup 6 - 8. Find me for trades if interested. I bought plenty of both metals and BWAT might let go of her staff coin for the right trade...

We knew we had a unique design. Just didn't think it would be this big of a hit. Next year at MOGA, we will have, in my opionion, a much better coin set. We may even do a presale so everyone next year will have a chance on the new design. 2010 Space Odyssey is the theme. but the coin, WOW!

Mike

I'm curious. If we got in on the last pre-sale, can we buy this finish in addition to what we ordered before? Or can we only substitute?

You can buy in addition. Steve wanted to make sure that those who ordered the other metal could change their order to the newer metal. So if you ordered 4 in the last presale and you wanted 2 in this sale, you could swap 2 of your coins from the previous sale for 2 coins in this sale therefore giving you 2 of each. You are always welcomed to buy more! :rolleyes:

Mike

I'm curious. If we got in on the last pre-sale, can we buy this finish in addition to what we ordered before? Or can we only substitute?

You can buy in addition. Steve wanted to make sure that those who ordered the other metal could change their order to the newer metal. So if you ordered 4 in the last presale and you wanted 2 in this sale, you could swap 2 of your coins from the previous sale for 2 coins in this sale therefore giving you 2 of each. You are always welcomed to buy more! :rolleyes:

Mike

Great, thanks! That's what I thought but wasn't sure.

Since I'm in DC this week, I tried to stay up to order but failed. However, I did wake up at 2AM, threw on some clothes and down to the hotel lobby computer to order my new coins.

Joyce

Management and Hotel Staff Thank You for taking the time to put on your clothing before coming down to the lobby :D:D<_<

Having a daughter in the hospitality business, she tales some really good stories of what happens :D

thanks for the laugh

Thank you. Maybe the black ones will be out in the next week or two. :anitongue:

Wonder if there are any black ones at all...... The Antique Copper were the ones that should have been black and there not, at least the ones I received today..... Antique Copper with Red Handle ....:huh:

Thank you. Maybe the black ones will be out in the next week or two. :anitongue:

Wonder if there are any black ones at all...... The Antique Copper were the ones that should have been black and there not, at least the ones I received today..... Antique Copper with Red Handle ....:huh:

Here are the links to the last 2 presales

http://hogwildstuff.typepad.com/moga_2009_geocoin/

http://hogwildstuff.typepad.com/moga_2009_final_presale/

I missed the first on 4/10 but got the second on 4/15. No coins for me yet, but my order was Antique Copper with Translucent black. So maybe those receiving theirs now got the first one

I got two today... I ordered from the second presale. The coins I got were copper/red but the presale I bought from shows

There will be a new finish and new handle Color (Antique Copper Finish, Translucent Black Handle)

I think I might have gotten the wrong ones unless they didn't end up making the translucent black handle.

Received 3 copper w/red grips today, will have them with me at GW7 to trade. Looking forward to seeing some of you there, having some fun cache runs. Anyone have a black nickel or shiny silver geocoin fairy they want to get rid of?

OH MY! Perhaps green is the new brown and Magenta is the new black in China? I am so sorry about this.

I do not get the coins when they arrive and I did not know this was happening. It is Steve's Sabbath and we will not be able to answer this issue until Tomorrow.

I just wanted you all to know I am now aware of it and not ignoring the situation.

Thanks so much for your patience.

It doesn't seem like anyone is even bothered by the colors being wrong. Why fix something that's not broken? I got 3 with red enamel and I didn't even realize they were supposed to be black. Heck I already traded one away.

Edited by Vargseld? ™

Green w/Silver good, Red w/Copper, not so good. Was really looking forward to that black one. Is it going to be available to trade out?

I agree completely. Would have preferred green w/silver. Red w/copper not so good. I was also looking forward to the black grips.

Edited by The 4 F's