NEW COIN: Out on the Water, Caching By Boat

ELTADA

Introducing...

Out on the Water, Caching By Boat

designed by ELTADA

I am very excited to announce my very first geocoin! It has been a long and challenging process but I am so happy with the results! I have set up a detailed reservation page at: http://sites.google.com/site/eltadascollec...ut-on-the-water should you be interested in learning more about it. The sample pictures and basic details are below...I hope you like it! :lol:

473d4462-0e30-4c7d-88ff-6df13a426c62.jpg

Full Colour on Nickel RE

964b4eeb-b3e2-4357-bd6c-b99932dbc853.jpg

Sepia on Gold RE

ad387e21-5b29-4c4a-83da-32e4db96bd56.jpg

Full Colour on Antique Silver LE (limited to 50 minted)

8178c7ac-7513-4f86-bc9b-1f396794932b.jpg

Sepia on Antique Gold LE (limited to 50 minted)

Size: 1.75", 3mm thickness

Trackable, custom icon

All versions are $8.75 each (USD)

I will be taking reservations up until April 15th. The order will be placed with the mint and when I have the coins in hand, I will be invoicing by PayPal. Shipping is based on where you live and the number of coins you reserve...please visit http://sites.google.com/site/eltadascollec...ut-on-the-water for exact shipping costs and additional reservation details.

Thank you for the nice comments!

Gatoulis - Sepia is basically a hue that is supposed to resemble the colour of an aged photograph. I really like brown tones and when they were put together, I thought "Sepia" was a good description.

Thank you my friend!!! I love the sepia coins! WOW! And looking closer now, I like the Antique gold sepia more!!!!! :lol:

In the Sepia RE coin the brown colors are different from the Sepia LE?

I also like your coded name and the timy boats between them! Excellent and detailed work!!! Bravo!!!

Congratulations Eltada!

007BigD and I were just talking about a coin for caching by boat.

My famiily and I did one very memorable cache in Costa Rica by motorboat and recently some really great paddle to caches (FTF's) with our kayaks. We recently bought a sailboat so who knows where that will take us next...

Anyway, email sent for a really cool coin. :lol:

sunrayers - embarrassed to say I had to look up "Sierra Hotel" -- you gave me a good laugh...thank you! ;)

Actually thank you to everyone for your support! Those who have placed reservations will be getting a confirmation email to let you know I have you on the list. If you don't receive anything back within 24 hours, please get in touch (my spam filter is pretty good but you just don't know).

Just a note to anyone in Ontario who has reserved a coin. I will be attending the COG Spring Fling Mega and if you would like to save on shipping, I could deliver them to you there. Please just let me know in your reservation email. If you have already reserved and would like to change your delivery method (to grabbing them from me in person at Spring Fling) then just send me another email to let me know.

Thanks!

We seen this coin today and placed a order immediatly. Very nice coin we must say. Specially to see that it is Eltada's first geocoin and to see that it was Mad Hatter's Incrediable artwork as he always seems to do and not to mention that it is been minted by Tsun, Wow! How amazing is that. Hats off to all of you on such a fantastic coin.

Definetly a job well done in our book, Have a great day to all in the forums today.

Barry and Val of sweetlife

Edited by sweetlife

Does it have your caching nick on it anywhere? I'm mainly interested in personal coins these days. It's a beautiful design though.

Oh let me take this one!!!!!!!

Echo, Lima, Tango, Alpha Delta, Alpha use the first letter of the call words and you get - ELTADA -

also just a side note I live in the Georgain Bay area and this Provincial Park is one of the best in Ontario IMHO When my wife and I where newly weds we use to go camping there, Granite Saddle arm, it was wonderful, once we celebrated our anniversary with all the trimmings candelabra, silver wine glasses Boy does that bring back memories.... hmm.... may just have to order a coin. :laughing:

Does it have your caching nick on it anywhere? I'm mainly interested in personal coins these days. It's a beautiful design though.

Echo, Lima, Tango, Alpha Delta, Alpha use the first letter of the call words and you get - ELTADA -

also just a side note I live in the Georgain Bay area and this Provincial Park is one of the best in Ontario IMHO When my wife and I where newly weds we use to go camping there, Granite Saddle arm, it was wonderful, once we celebrated our anniversary with all the trimmings candelabra, silver wine glasses Boy does that bring back memories.... hmm.... may just have to order a coin. :rolleyes:

Thanks!

That's right! thanks kini_ont!

Ok, it's cointest time! (see next post)

Ok, first of all, the rules:

- The cointest is researched based and will last until someone gets and posts all the correct answers or April 14th at midnight (Eastern) -- whichever comes first

- If no one gets all the answers right, the winner will be based on accuracy of the answers to my questions and should there be a tie, I will probably just put the names into a hat.

- My decision is final, regardless of how crazy my decision is

- You can guess at the answers if you like but the answers can be found by doing a bit of research, please limit posts to once per hour, per cacher -- no editing

- Number 5 requires posting a picture...please give credit for the picture by posting who took the picture (if possible) and where you found it

- I may give hints...I'm not sure...depends on how easy/hard everyone is finding it

The winner of this cointest will win one of my new coins (see post #1 for pictures) -- I am not sure which one...it will come as a surprise and will arrive after I receive the order from the mint. So the winner will have to be patient to wait weeks for the prize! Ok, so here are the questions...have fun!

1. What is does my dad enjoy doing in his spare time?

2. What is the speed limit in the “Narrows” near my cottage?

3. What school is Mowat C.I’s rival?

4. Name two animals that we have to be careful of when geocaching in the spots depicted on the map on the back of the coin.

5. Our cottage is near to a provincial park. Name the park, post a picture related to the park and explain why you picked it (please include where you found the picture).

6. Nautical charts use fathoms as the unit of the depth of the water. How many feet are in a fathom?

7. The Island Queen is a local cruise line that explores some of the 30,000 islands in Georgian Bay. During the cruise, you pass through between Huckleberry Island and Wall Island which is a spot that has a special name. What is that name?

edited to add: the no-editing rule and minor clarifications that are always needed if you post before your first cup of coffee! lol!

Edited by ELTADA

Ok, so SgtMikal's post got me thinking and between that and the fact that I finally woke up after my daily dose of java...well, I came to the realization that anyone trying to come up with the answers to these questions probably won't post until they have them all right (and you'll know when you have them right).

Soooo....what to do? Because I had visions of people sharing pictures and answers with the community about the beautiful area linked to my coin.

The solution? Add another coin to the winnings! If you post an answer to even one of the questions, I will put your name into a hat. I will draw for an additional winner from anyone who gets a correct answer on any one question. So if you don't have time to do them all and want a chance to win (and maybe help another poster with getting all the right answers for a guaranteed win), then go ahead and post! (each right answer has a chance to win -- so if you get two right, I put your name in the hat twice).

Does this make sense?

I like it! I have found 5 of the answers (I believe), but am running out of time here at work.

#2 - 8 km/hr (no wake)

#3 - Birchmount Park C.I.

#4 - Black bears and porcupines

#6 - 6 feet

#7 - Hole in the Wall

Found another one...#5. Your cottage is near Killbear Provincial Park. I am not the best at posting images, but I found this beautiful one if you follow the link: http://i.pbase.com/o6/62/520662/1/68319378...zM.IMG_4450.jpg

I cholse that one because I just love the colors, and my wife loves the water, so it is just a perfect setting! I found it by doing a google search on Killbear Provincial Park images.

My apologies. In my excitement to post another answer that I found, I failed to wait the requisite full hour between postings. I will now post all of the answers that I have found. I hope I did ok...

#2 - 8 km/hour (no wake)

#4 - Black bears and porcupines

#5 - I believe your cottage is near Killbear Provincial Park. I am not the best at posting images, but I found this beautiful one at the following link: http://i.pbase.com/o6/62/520662/1/68319378...zM.IMG_4450.jpg I chose it because I just love the colors, and my wife loves the water. That makes this the absolute perfect setting. I found it by doing a google search for Killbear Provincial Park images.

#6 - A fathom is a distance of 6 feet

#7 - Hole In The Wall

Thanx again for the cointest! I am new at geocoin collecting. At this point, I only have one unactivated coin in my collection, and one mystery coin. My name was drawn in a drawing for another one, but I have not received it yet. I look forward to this opportunity. Thanx!

Let's see...

1) I found that he was taking you in the Loon bay to walk through from Deep Bay along the trail and you were taking photos of interesting flowers, wild mushrooms, wildlife or plants on your way! I am sure he loved that but I have the feeling that in his spare time, he is having a hobby...wood carving! Is he making wooden animals etc? I love that stuff becasue every one is unique!! :rolleyes:

2) 8km/h

3) birchmount park C.I

4) black bears & porcupines

5) It is near Killbear Provincial Park. here are 2 nice photos I found in photobucket, and I like them because they are so beautiful! It shows all the colors that makes a human feel so good! By seeing this place, even in photos, you can see how magnificent is God and nature! the second photo also shows the armonic relation between a dog and a man! Friends and companions!

DSCF0916.jpg

100_0674.jpg

According to photobucket, the first photo was taken by "Dureche" and the second by hanusfamily!

6) 6 feet!

7) Hole in the wall! Strange name!!! :lol:

Here is a new attempt.

#1 - Your father likes to build boats in his spare time.

#2 - 8 km/hour (no wake)

#4 - Black bears and snakes

#5 - I believe your cottage is near Killbear Provincial Park. I am not the best at posting images, but I found this beautiful one at the following link: http://i.pbase.com/o6/62/520662/1/68319378...zM.IMG_4450.jpg I chose it because I just love the colors, and my wife loves the water. That makes this the absolute perfect setting. I found it by doing a google search for Killbear Provincial Park images.

#7 - Hole In The Wall

glad to see there are some answers trickling in...some are correct, some are not...for now we will leave it at that.

SgtMikal: for whatever reason, I can't access the picture you linked to.

Hmm...like I said, I'm not the best at posting pics. I'll try again.

Let's try again...

#2 - 8 km/hour (no wake)

#5 - I believe your cottage is near Killbear Provincial Park. I am not the best at posting images, but I found this beautiful one. I chose it because I just love the colors, and my wife loves the water. That makes this the absolute perfect setting. I found it by doing a google search for Killbear Provincial Park images.

The image can be found in the gallery on the following page. The Pic is called KillBear Provincial Park. http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...78-673244738406

#7 - Hole In The Wall

glad to see there are some answers trickling in...some are correct, some are not...for now we will leave it at that.

SgtMikal: for whatever reason, I can't access the picture you linked to.

Wait...I may have figured it out (how to post a picture). I'm not changing any answers - just trying to get the pic to work. Hopefully, this won't violate the hour between postings rule.

Let's try again...

#2 - 8 km/hour (no wake)

#5 - I believe your cottage is near Killbear Provincial Park. I am not the best at posting images, but I found this beautiful one. I chose it because I just love the colors, and my wife loves the water. That makes this the absolute perfect setting. I found it by doing a google search for Killbear Provincial Park images.

killbear-provincial-park.jpg

#7 - Hole In The Wall

Let's try again...

#1 - Your father likes to take nature walksin his spare time, mushroom hunting, and/or taking photos of interesting flowers, plants, and wildlife. He finds this peaceful and serene activity very fulfilling.

#2 - 8 km/hour (no wake)

#7 - Hole In The Wall

1) I found that he was taking you in the Loon bay to walk through from Deep Bay along the trail and you were taking photos of interesting flowers, wild mushrooms, wildlife or plants on your way! I am sure he loved that but I have the feeling that in his spare time, he is having a hobby...wood carving! Is he making wooden animals etc? I love that stuff becasue every one is unique!!

2) 8km/hour (no wake) ***(I couldn't find that one! I took the answer from SgtMikal! I am wondering .. isn't that to low?)

3) birchmount park C.I

4) black bear and eastern massasauga Rattlesnake!

5) It is near Killbear Provincial Park. here are 2 nice photos I found in photobucket, and I like them because they are so beautiful! It shows all the colors that makes a human feel so good! By seeing this place, even in photos, you can see how magnificent is God and nature! the second photo also shows the armonic relation between a dog and a man! Friends and companions!

DSCF0916.jpg

100_0674.jpg

According to photobucket, the first photo was taken by "Dureche" and the second by hanusfamily!

6) 6 feet!

7) Hole in the wall! Strange name!!!

No winner yet. Tomorrow I will provide a hint. SgtMikal and Gatoulis both have done well so far with their answers!

Remember, even if you post the answer to Number 5 (the photo question), you will be entered to win one of my coins when they arrive.

OK...another try...

#1 - Your father likes to take nature walksin his spare time, mushroom hunting, and/or taking photos of interesting flowers, plants, and wildlife. He finds this peaceful and serene activity very fulfilling.

#2 - 8 km/hour (no wake)

#3 - Woburn C.I.

#7 - Hole In The Wall

1) Well... I am not so sure... is he taking his boat, he is visiting the other islands and taking photos of wild life....

I was wondering... why not fishing too? He has a boat... so why not fishing from there? :D

2) No wake 8km/hour

3) Woburn C.I. * The previus school is rival in hokey, but this school is rival generally! :D

4) black bear and eastern massasauga Rattlesnake!

DSCF0916.jpg

100_0674.jpg

6) 6 feet!

7) Hole in the wall!