Looking for best good value Smartphone for Caching purposes

Okay... Weird, this doesn't seem to have captured the body of my message. *sigh*

My question was that I'm looking for a new personal phone through Sprint, and I'm checking out the smartphones and PDAs. I had the Blackberry Curve through work but it had some trouble viewing additional pages of listings on a search at Geocaching.com. Also, I couldn't view the maps of areas with caches on them.

Is there a better phone, or better model I should be looking at? Those of you who use your phone to help you cache, what model do you have and do you have any problems with it?

Please share your opinions. Be polite! Please don't yell at others just for having a different favorite phone than you :lol:

Thanks!

Okay... Weird, this doesn't seem to have captured the body of my message. *sigh*

My question was that I'm looking for a new personal phone through Sprint, and I'm checking out the smartphones and PDAs. I had the Blackberry Curve through work but it had some trouble viewing additional pages of listings on a search at Geocaching.com. Also, I couldn't view the maps of areas with caches on them.

Is there a better phone, or better model I should be looking at? Those of you who use your phone to help you cache, what model do you have and do you have any problems with it?

Please share your opinions. Be polite! Please don't yell at others just for having a different favorite phone than you :lol:

Thanks!

I have an iPhone and have used it a bit for geocaching. I mostly use it to supplement my handheld GPS. I can lookup cache listings as long as I can get a data connection using the Groundspeak iPhone app but use my handheld GPS for navigating to the cache. I have found a few with the iPhone alone but wouldn't want to rely on it as my only GPS device.

Something else worth considering is the mobile phone carrier. There is at least one (starts with a V) that locks their GPS (location) services to a native application only available through the carrier. There are several smart phone GPS apps available but you can't use them with that particular carrier. Since some mobile devices are only available through specific cell phone carriers (i.e. the Google Android is only available if you use T-Mobile) the choice of carrier might limit your choice of smart phones.

I have an iPhone and have used it a bit for geocaching. I mostly use it to supplement my handheld GPS. I can lookup cache listings as long as I can get a data connection using the Groundspeak iPhone app but use my handheld GPS for navigating to the cache. I have found a few with the iPhone alone but wouldn't want to rely on it as my only GPS device.

Something else worth considering is the mobile phone carrier. There is at least one (starts with a V) that locks their GPS (location) services to a native application only available through the carrier. There are several smart phone GPS apps available but you can't use them with that particular carrier. Since some mobile devices are only available through specific cell phone carriers (i.e. the Google Android is only available if you use T-Mobile) the choice of carrier might limit your choice of smart phones.

Ok, good information there about not using the phone as primary gps device.

As for the phone model, yeah I'm aware my choice is limited. But I'm also at a point right now where I'm off the 2 year contract with Sprint, so I might be able to consider switching providers if it's better for my purposes.

Thanks for your input!

As for the phone model, yeah I'm aware my choice is limited. But I'm also at a point right now where I'm off the 2 year contract with Sprint, so I might be able to consider switching providers if it's better for my purposes.

Thanks for your input!

You might hop over to a local event and peek over the shoulder of your fellow cachers. I LOVE my iPhone, but other buds here swear by their crackberries, and there are a fair number who are using their Treos (albeit as paperless helpers).

If you're over your plan at Sprint you owe it to yourself to check out the iPhone though, speaking as an evangelista (and Developer) for the platform :lol:

Blessed be!!

Tony

I had a BlackBerry Curve and used the Geocache Navigator app on AT&T. The GPS was very accurate -- almost as good as my 60CSx. I'm guessing it would work with Sprint too, but you could check to be sure.

Edited by Skippermark

I just noticed your reply about being off your contract. I thought you were locked into a 2 year contract, but since you're not, I would recommend the iPhone. I switched to it after breaking my old phone and love it. It's the best phone I've ever owned. It's basically a computer in your hand, and the apps for it just make it better. The GC.com app is great, and there are so many other apps out that that really make it fun and practical.

So, seeing the majority of posts so far highlighted the iphone, and seeing as how I'm not tied to Sprint right now, I went a-looking at AT&T.

The price of the iPhone with a new plan is double the high end of what I'm looking to pay for a blackberry like device at Sprint. I don't really understand AT&T's plan pricing system, but it looks like a new 450-minute plan plus data and text = about $95 a month? That's more than I'm paying with sprint for a similar plan.

I am not sure the iPhone is the best value out there for what we're doing. Anyone have any thoughts? Am I missing something on AT&T's site?

there is the old saying "you get what you pay for". I have the 450 minute plan with unlimited text. My bill is $89 with tax every month. Another thing to consider with AT&T is the roll over minutes. I have almost a thousand banked right now. That will guarantee that I never go over my plan.

With out a doubt the iPhone is the best smartphone for geocaching and everything else. You will not be disapponted. Especially this summer when 3.0 software is released.

I echo what NYPaddleCacher says. I love my iPhone, but use a real GPS to find the caches themselves. The newest revision to the gc app is marvelous. In the city, it will give me directions to get me near enough my target to start using my GPS. And, there are tons of other useful apps for caching and just life in general.

Yes, the iPhone and AT&T are pricy, but I think it is worth it.

Just started using an HTC Touch Diamond along with my Magellan Triton 2000. With the DIamond I can review GC listings while in the field, log FTF's right away (if I chose to do so) and can also do Wherigos with it. Here in Canada I pay $55/month for unlimited data and local calling (long distance is extra) and 250 text messages. A friend with an iPhone pays in excess of $100/month for a similar plan. Wouldn't use it as my primary GPS though as the Triton always drops me right onto GZ - don't believe all of the bad news you hear about Magellan.

I started almost 8 weeks ago using only a Blackberry Curve through Sprint. I loaded Cacheberry on it and found over 250 caches in those 8 weeks without having a sperate GPSr. These iPhone proponents recommend having a seperate GPSr. Guess the iPhone doesn't "win hands down" Merlin.

I borrowed a Garmin to take with me once to see if I needed it. My Curve got me as close as the Garmin everytime. Plus I can download GPX files and Pocket Queeries directly onto the phone without bothering with my PC. So I am not only paperless I am cableless. No manual entry of waypoints either.

Edited by Wooden Cyclist

I started almost 8 weeks ago using only a Blackberry Curve through Sprint. I loaded Cacheberry on it and found over 250 caches in those 8 weeks without having a sperate GPSr. These iPhone proponents recommend having a seperate GPSr. Guess the iPhone doesn't "win hands down" Merlin.

I borrowed a Garmin to take with me once to see if I needed it. My Curve got me as close as the Garmin everytime. Plus I can download GPX files and Pocket Queeries directly onto the phone without bothering with my PC. So I am not only paperless I am cableless. No manual entry of waypoints either.

Wow, ringing endorsement of the Blackberry Curve! My work BB didn't have the GPS feature so I never got to test that part of it. Hmm, thanks so much for this information.

I echo what NYPaddleCacher says. I love my iPhone, but use a real GPS to find the caches themselves. The newest revision to the gc app is marvelous. In the city, it will give me directions to get me near enough my target to start using my GPS. And, there are tons of other useful apps for caching and just life in general.

Yes, the iPhone and AT&T are pricy, but I think it is worth it.

Just to elaborate a bit about the use of an iPhone (or any smart phone) as an addition rather than a replacement for a handheld GPS.

Most handheld GPS receivers are meant to be used outdoors. They're often water resistant, shock resistant, and my particular model even floats. They can withstand an occasional drop small creek or unto hard ground and will keep on working. A smartphone, however, will usually not survive immersion in water or being dropped onto the ground frequently. Given that many caches are often in the woods, or in areas where the footing can be tricky, I have a nice leather case that protects my iPhone pretty well and will always stow it away in a zipped pocket or a waist bag when the terrain gets dicey.

You are absolutely correct. Smartphones are more delicate than GPSrs. Unless you put them in one of these. http://www.otterbox.com/blackberry-cases/b...-defender-case/. I put my Curve in one well before I started Geocaching. I have dropped my Blackberry in a deep snow bank, used it in heavy rain and dropped it on cement. It has suffered no damage. If I dropped it in a lake it would provably be ruined. But look at it this way. If you ruin a smarphone you can usually replace it for about the same price as a good GPSr.

Keeping things simple is the best route for me. Using one device for all my Geocaching activities makes the sport all the more enjoyable.

Ditto - replaced my 60CSx with a BlackBerry Curve 8310 (not all Curves are created equal, a very confusing naming strategy) - one geocaching device, full capabilities, no worries.

And, I got it for extending my At&T contract (which I planned to keep anyway) and $75 - what a deal!

Edited by TheAlabamaRambler

Here is the deal. Smart phones have junkey GPSr. That said, I use one (HTC Touch Vogue) with a bluetooth GPSr (GlobalSat BT-821). Works great.

I personaly would recomend a Windows Mobile phone. There are pleanty that are free with a contract. The great thing about Windows Mobile is that there is a ton of freeware, and cheep software, not only for Geocaching, but for all kinds of stuff. Unlike the iPhone, you can realy do anything that you want, not just what Apple wants you to do. And if there is some proble that something doesn't work, you are not fracked; you can always find some sort of solution.

Here is the deal. Smart phones have junkey GPSr. That said, I use one (HTC Touch Vogue) with a bluetooth GPSr (GlobalSat BT-821). Works great.

I personaly would recomend a Windows Mobile phone. There are pleanty that are free with a contract. The great thing about Windows Mobile is that there is a ton of freeware, and cheep software, not only for Geocaching, but for all kinds of stuff. Unlike the iPhone, you can realy do anything that you want, not just what Apple wants you to do. And if there is some proble that something doesn't work, you are not fracked; you can always find some sort of solution.

Whoa there Andronicus. "Smart phones have junkey GPS"? Many Blackberry users will strongly disagree whith you on that. I have no intention of getting a seperate GPSr or even a bluetooth GPS puck. When I have been on a couple of group outings none of the other more experienced cachers with Garmins or Delorme GPSrs did any better than I did with my Blackberry Curve 8330.

Whoa there Andronicus. "Smart phones have junkey GPS"? Many Blackberry users will strongly disagree whith you on that. I have no intention of getting a seperate GPSr or even a bluetooth GPS puck. When I have been on a couple of group outings none of the other more experienced cachers with Garmins or Delorme GPSrs did any better than I did with my Blackberry Curve 8330.

Well I have never tried a Blackberry for geocaching, so I could be wrong. Here is my question. Does your Curve 8330 have WAAS? What is its sensitivity (in dBm)?

As far as sensitivity goes, my HTC Touch was almost as good as my bluetooth "puck", and better than my MIO C220, but it had no WAAS.

PS Good thinking to try using a smart phone. All the standalone GPSr users will tell you that smartphones just aren't as good, but my smartphone is indeed paperless, and cableless. Anywhere I am, if I have a few minutes to spare, I can just do a "surch for nearby caches", and whala, I have a hunt ready. I don't need all this extra software to load waypoints into my GPSr or anything. (I am currently using the windows mobile app GateCacher. The newest version is sweet (v1.5.9.0))

I am using the blackberry 8310 curve with geocache navigator by trimble. This is the best app I have ever ran. I tried cacheberry on my last BlackBerry Pearl and the trimble software is by for the best check out geosnippits headhardhat is one of the guys that assisted trimble with this program I think and KUDO's to them guys. I really like all the different mapping options.

This is my first time to post to the forums. I started geocaching because of my blackberry. I was reading the crackberry forums and saw a free program called Blackstar for geocaching. I downloaded and we found our first geocache a few minutes later.

I have switched to Geocache Navigator by Trimble. I like the UI better and I can read the description, the hint, and even the logs if I need to. When I find a cache I log a field note and then go back later and finish logging them. When I hid my first geocache a took a stand alone GPSr with me to check the cords and my crackberry did just fine.

On one of my hids that we went to check on the other day we met a fellow geocacher that was attempt to find it. We watched as he wondered around the woods a good 100 to 150 feet from the cache. I finally let him use the blackberry and within a few minutes he had the cache in hand. Just a note the cords were good. I had 6 previous finds and a couple had commented that they were dead on.

I have a blackberry 8330 with Alltel. I would also recommend checking out the crackberry forums if your thinking about getting one. These are just my opinions and experiences. I hope it helps in some way.

Dweger & Family

Please share your opinions. Be polite! Please don't yell at others just for having a different favorite phone than you :)

Thanks!

Palm OS or Windows Mobile OS. The Centrino (palm) may be Sprint and cheap. Both have geocaching applications that will do the job. Both should be available on relativly inexpensive phones.

Looks like blakberry has applications now as well.

Personally I hate paying a monthly fee to use something that it seems I should pay for once. That would rule out the trimble software.

Not sure why peeps are recommending using a separate GPSr with an iPhone, that is definitely not my experience. It's done fine by me and have had no problem keeping up and or getting to GZ first before my dedicated GPSr buddies. Rural, urban, or out in the boonies, it's been very accurate and speedy.

In urban settings you even get a boost because you have the advantage of having GPSr, cell tower triangulation AND WiFi locating. I haven't used our Magellan in months. In fact I recently passed it to a newb to try out the sport. Got the iPhone a waterproof sleeve, hard case, all set!

Amianda you owe it to yourself to try it out. Must be some cachers in your area that will let you tag along. And the Geocaching.app update is incredible, more like a 3.0 update than a 2.0. Great stuff.

Tony

I have a G1 from tmobile that I enjoy using. You can find apps for it in the Marketplace that do a decent of locating nearby caches, and I have had no problems with connectivity. The only problem I have with a smart phone is that I like to hike and have found myself in areas with out a cell signal, on multiple carriers. I know some people that had a htc touch * (I'm uncertain of the version though it was from sprint), after trying both a Iphone and a G1, they chose a G1.

The Iphone has a very nice user interface, touch screen, lot's of applications in their store, and I don't think it could be beat for music playing. The G1 has a very nice user interface, touch screen, and more applications then I could ever use in their marketplace. It's a bit bulkier as it also has a slide out keyboard, music is available from amazon directly to the phone, however I've never used that part of it. This is just my opinion of the two.

If you have no problem with waiting a bit. Sprint will soon be carrying the Pre. A new device from Palm that will be running a new OS. I believe it will have touch screen, and it has been getting a lot of very positive hype. I believe T-mobile will also be selling a G2 this year, similar in design to the G1 from pictures I have seen, however it will be keyboard free. In the past I had blackberry pearl that I wasn't happy with, however other than that one phone, I haven't any experience with Blackberry's.

Please share your opinions. Be polite! Please don't yell at others just for having a different favorite phone than you :blink:

Thanks!

Just for clarification, Google Android is an OS and not specific to any carrier. You'll be seeing Android on most carriers soon, T-Mobile just happened to be the first to release it on the HTC Dream.

Hi,

I have been reading this thread looking for some hope that I can use my new Samsung Omnia (i910) for caching. I had a long discussion with Verizon and Samsung to find out why VZ Navigator works but not my geocaching or google maps programs. Come to find out Verizon blocks all other programs from using the location on part of the gps in the phones so you have to buy their VZ Navigator (which is only for street directions) BOOOO!! I have lamented to the Verizon customer service reps to no avail. Maybe we can start a revolution of Verizon geocachers and have them change their ways. I really don't want to change providers. Do any of you have any thoughts on this?

:laughing:

I have to recommend the iPhone. It's almost as accurate as my GPS in many urban settings. Plus, the GC app is amazing.

As for the pricing on AT&T, therein lies the rub. New customers get spanked on the iPhone cost. I paid about half of what you probably saw for the phone because I've been a customer for 5+ years. The data plan is $30 extra but the actual minute plans vary a lot.

The AT&T site SUCKS. I would recommend talking to someone in a store to get all the details. Good luck! :laughing:

I have a blackberry curve from AT&T and use geo navigator software from Trimble. I enrolled on line at Trimble.com

I am able to search for all caches located near whereever I am located. I can access a map background, either street, topo or arial. I love all the features. Even being able to log my finds on site!

Good Luck.

:)

I have just scored a HTC Touch Pro with work. The screen is very nice for running Oziexplorer maps, the trouble is the inbuilt GPS is crippled with static navigation. That is, it wont register any movement less than 5km/h. This makes it pretty useless for caching. I emailed HTC and initially they stated that that is the way it is. I mentioned that I would let my fellow cachers know in this forum and I received a response that they will work on a patch. I will be informed when it is ready and I will pass this info on to the forum when it is available.

I have just scored a HTC Touch Pro with work. The screen is very nice for running Oziexplorer maps, the trouble is the inbuilt GPS is crippled with static navigation. That is, it wont register any movement less than 5km/h. This makes it pretty useless for caching.

Wow, that sucks. Hopefully they'll come through with a patch.

As for my original question, the majority of people here seem to use the Iphone *or* the Curve, with some other people finding good results with other devices.

This is good news. Thanks for the help, yall!

I too am shopping for a phone with GPS/caching features. I am with AT&T already, and they offer good discounts on upgrade equipment.

From just looking at the ATT website, the LG Xenon looks interesting. It runs GC Navigator, has big touch screen, and is very reasonably priced ($49 after rebate).

Has anybody used one?

I use my blackberry storm along with a Garmin Colorado 400t. I have Geocache navigator, BlackStar and CacheBerry on the storm. To the people that say that the phones gps is not as good, I will tell you they are wrong. Both have the same accuracy but the advantage of the phone is that it can download logs and can find new caches if i did not load them into my Garmin. Verizon does not block the gps for the storm and I am very happy with it. If it was as safe in the woods and wet as the Garmin, I would use it as my main GPSr.

I also have a Touch Pro (Sprint) with the "banned" software on it and it does show my movement in relation to the target.

I have just scored a HTC Touch Pro with work. The screen is very nice for running Oziexplorer maps, the trouble is the inbuilt GPS is crippled with static navigation. That is, it wont register any movement less than 5km/h. This makes it pretty useless for caching. I emailed HTC and initially they stated that that is the way it is. I mentioned that I would let my fellow cachers know in this forum and I received a response that they will work on a patch. I will be informed when it is ready and I will pass this info on to the forum when it is available.

I too am shopping for a phone with GPS/caching features. I am with AT&T already, and they offer good discounts on upgrade equipment.

From just looking at the ATT website, the LG Xenon looks interesting. It runs GC Navigator, has big touch screen, and is very reasonably priced ($49 after rebate).

Has anybody used one?

I was just at the stores & the LG Xenon doesn't support the GC Nav. I had to get a Samsung Propel. The GC Nav works great in streets, but not in wooded areas. It has me running around in circles. I'm thinking of switching to the Iphone since I have 30 days to bring it back.

Hi,

I have been reading this thread looking for some hope that I can use my new Samsung Omnia (i910) for caching. I had a long discussion with Verizon and Samsung to find out why VZ Navigator works but not my geocaching or google maps programs. Come to find out Verizon blocks all other programs from using the location on part of the gps in the phones so you have to buy their VZ Navigator (which is only for street directions) BOOOO!! I have lamented to the Verizon customer service reps to no avail. Maybe we can start a revolution of Verizon geocachers and have them change their ways. I really don't want to change providers. Do any of you have any thoughts on this?

:sad:

I will join your revolt!

Hi,

i too got an omnia and wanted to get into geocacheing with it, then i learned of the gps issue

there may be hope

there is a rumor around that a firmware update will allow the gps to work on the omnia

release date per the rumor is may 11th

there are also custom roms available that unlock the gps, but use at your own risk as they may violate your warranty and brick your phone

google will direct you to the locations

I have been useing a blackberry storm from verizon along with geocache navigator. This service costs 4 dollars a month I think but it allows me to go caching with out having to reload anything. I can be in a different state and just click on quick caches and get a list of the ones around me. Then when I find them I can log them right from the phone. They have a listbof all the supported phones on their web site. That would be a good place to check. Trimble.com

...I am not sure the iPhone is the best value out there for what we're doing. Anyone have any thoughts? Am I missing something on AT&T's site?

Nope. The plan is expensive. The phone is nice. I'm on Verizon and use a Samsung Windows Mobile based phone. I had htem turn off the data plan. I just needed the smart part not the "always conneced part". For that I can use WiFi. Now Verizon won't turn off a data plan on a smart phone so you get stuck comparing data plan to data plan to see what works. The phone I'm using is a Samsun 760i or something like that.

Hi,

I will join your revolt!

Let the FCC know as well. Verizon is one of the worst for crippling the phones they sell (it's not like we pay less for the less we get).

Well it looks like the storm is the first phone that is finally not crippled.

Let's brake this down. Premium membership to geocaching 3 dollars a month. Geocachenavigator 5 a month. Blackberry unlimited. Data plan 30 a month and then your voice plan. But I don't include all 30 dollars because I use way more data streaming Internet radio and movie trailers and instant email then I do caching.

Well it looks like the storm is the first phone that is finally not crippled.

Let's brake this down. Premium membership to geocaching 3 dollars a month. Geocachenavigator 5 a month. Blackberry unlimited. Data plan 30 a month and then your voice plan. But I don't include all 30 dollars because I use way more data streaming Internet radio and movie trailers and instant email then I do caching.

I been reading most of topics related with the GPS equipment and the diferent softwares availables for geocaching and I almost bought a Garmin GPS but I also tried the diferent apps available to the G1 and honestly is going to take a little longer for me to buy any other kind of GPS.

I'm using GeoBeagle with the Radar application, so far I have found three cache's within a 2 yards radius, my boss (who actually introduce me to geocaching.com) was very impress with the perfomance of my G1,

Edited by Mrduckz

As I startet geocaching in September 2008 I used a Nokia N95 with a free software from trimble.com.

The N95 works fine and its easy to handle. But it takes a long time (up to 10 minutes) to get a GPS signal to find caches near you. But it works.

Since end of April this year I use a iPhone 3G and I'm amused. It works much better as the Nokia. The iPhone is more precisely as the N95. The Apple has the GPS signal right now and you can start caching directly. I use the app from geocaching.com. To find multis you need a 2nd app like MotionX GPS Lite. The accuracy is round about 15 to 20ft.

I like the iPhone 3G for geocaching. If you need more information about a cache you can go online at once for more backround informations like hints and spoiler pics.

Yours

Robert

I am new in Geocaching, and would like to learn more. Ideally, I would join either a group or one individual to get started. I would like to wait before investing in a GPS .

Can you put me in touch with someone ?

I live in the San Fernando Valley. My email address is dandonaty@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Dan

I've used all of the following:

- Blackberry Curve with the Trimble app and a BT GPS puck

- Garmin Colorado 400t

- Garmin Oregon 400t

- T-Mobile G1 with GeoBeagle

I like to use my Oregon on pre-planned cache hunts because I can keep a track log for posterity and it has a few other "fun" features which don't necessarily add to my ability to find a cache, but appeal to my geeky gadget side. Its user interface is a bit more polished than my second choice alternative.

I love using my G1 to for doing quick cache hunts in urban settings, though. It is very accurate and it offers 2 modes - a radar "distance and relative bearing to destination" mode, and the google maps mode which just puts a "dart" on a google maps screen and lets you home in on it with your location dot. The google maps app lets you choose between map mode and satellite mode. Typically I use the satellite mode to see where the cache is, how many streets over and down it is, then turn it off, walk to the destination, maybe bring it out once more to double check the exact location, then put it away again and find the cache. The accuracy is dead on, but with satellite mode you can see just where it is relative to landmarks without having to rely on satellite accuracy. If the final destination is under enough cover that you can't get a good visual fix on where it is on the ground from the satellite picture, then the GPS accuracy of using the radar screen or lining up the pair of dots on the map screen is every bit as good as any of the dedicated GPSr that I've used. You can either load pocket queries into GeoBeagle to cover an area where you know you'll be ahead of time, or if you are caught off guard then you can also use it to do a quick search around your location on the web site and download individual cache coords to GeoBeagle using a couple of clicks - then you can use the radar or google map methods to find the cache.

Both can be used to find caches in remote settings - the Oregon because it can only be used with pre-downloaded pocket query or cache GPX files - the G1 because it can also work in that mode (in addition to doing on-the-fly downloads of caches). The G1 can only be used in "radar mode" outside of cell phone coverage though. Its GPS still works and the radar mode can help you zero in the coordinates, but the Google Maps application only gets map info when there is cell phone coverage.

WRT G1 vs. iPhone, the plans are much cheaper on T-Mobile. $25 for unlimited 3G data and 400 text messages on T-Mobile vs. $30 for unlimited 3G and no text on AT&T. For $35 on T-Mobile you can get unlimited 3G and unlimited texts. Minute plans are also cheaper with 1000 minutes for $39 or 600 minutes plus free nights and weekends for the same price. If you've been with them for a while as I have then they are now offering unlimited voice for $49 (not sure how long you need to be a customer for that). Coverage varies by location - sometimes I get coverage where my AT&T friends do not. I imagine that if you took a national average AT&T would come out ahead, but I've never been stranded in a no coverage area where AT&T had coverage and T-Mobile did not - when we get out far enough for coverage to disappear, it usually disappears for all carriers (except maybe occasionally Verizon).

Hi

Using a blackberry torch on uk vodaphone with Trimble geocache navigator. Good app. Accurate up to the last 15ft. I do have to stop and standstill to see if the navigator zero's in on a spot. In general though it add a little fun to the caching not to be too accurate as we have to search a little more which has led us to become better at spotting the tracks and nuances of the ground in the cache area.

The only issue that we have is that when a cordite is entered manually it reverts to the spot that we are standing. Tis is really annoying as we can't find caches when we have worked out the multicache clues . There is a log in this forum that said tribe were sorting this out in 2009 but the bug seems to be still there.

Regards

Team cj3