Cache and Splash 2009 Event Coin

GPX Navigators

Not often we get event coins out this way. I saw this today from my friend Steve, known in the caching world here as James Bridger, and wanted to post it here, as its a nice coin. He's known for doing great caches and the event sounds like a blast. The event coin is trackable.

Here's the info direct from his email. If you are interested in the coin, please contact Steve direct. His contact info is below.

I'm hosting GC1NBKK Cache and Splash 2009, in Valentine, NE on June 19th and 20th.

There will be a geocoin available for this event and pre-sales started April 02, 2009.

The cost of the coin will be $8.00 each, with a $0.30 handling fee per coin and a $2.00 shipping fee per order. If you wish to pick your coins up at the event, there will be no charge for the handling and shipping, just the $8.00 per coin.

This is a 1 5/8" diameter coin, 3 mm thick, and the coin will be trackable at Geocaching.com. If he sells at least 250 of them, the coin will also have a unique icon.

A sample of the coin is below:

Final%20Coin.jpg

Here's the idea behind the coin. In this area there are mainly traditional and puzzle caches, so I wanted those two icons on the coin. The crossed paddles pay homage to the canoeing and kayaking on the Niobrara, while the heart with "Valentine" is a common motif here in town.

The tombstone with RIP 13 on it is merely my personal icon. I have it as my avatar on my GC page and it is printed on every log in all of the caches I own. It is even available as a vinyl decal as a bonus item for completing GCDVDK Triskaidekaphobia (a challenge cache that can only be found by finding 13 other caches, all of them placed at cemeteries in Cherry county).

I like history and cemeteries, so I chose a tombstone to reflect that passion. The number 13 has received a lot of bad press, but it's always been a good number for me. I'm not really into numerology or that, but fortuitous things seem to have that number linked to them somehow. It was only natural to have that number on the tombstone, and I didn't make it the same font as the RIP, since I wanted it to look like it was added later.

If you wish to pre-order a coin, please e-mail me at legerity13@gmail.com indicating the quantity and whether you want it shipped to you or not. After I receive your order, I will invoice you through PayPal. I will be taking orders until April 30th, 2009 and submitting my quantity to the manufacturer on May 10th, so I can receive the finished coins by the event date. I look to get them around the first part of June, so if I mail them out, you should receive them at home just before the event.

Thanks in advance for your support of this event, and I look forward to seeing you in my neck of the woods.

James Bridger

Edited by GPX Navigators