Stack overflow message

Harry Dolphin

Who else beside shorbird and I are having "Stack Overflow" Error messages when looking at benchmark pages? Whenever I look at a benchark photo, or try to leave a benchmark page, I get a "Stack Overflow at Line: 1732" message. I'm using MSIE 7.0 and Windows XP 2002. shorbird has brought it up on the Geocaching.com Web Site forum. I am only having problems on benchmark pages. I've only had this problem for two days. Anyone else having this problem? If so, add your voice on Stack overflow message

I use Firefox 3.0.8 on Win XP and don't get any stack overflows. However, I also run Adblock Plus, which blocks some ads and other annoying content. It's possible that those of you having problems are really the victims of a bad advertisement or tracking script that is out of control. Typically sites like Groundspeak that run advertisements don't have much control over which advertisements get run -- they just offer screen space that gets filled by third party servers.

Also, there are various kinds of spyware/malware programs that install themselves in browsers and attempt to inject advertisements based on what you are viewing. It's possible that a buggy piece of malware is causing problems for you.

I use Firefox 3.0.8 on Win XP and don't get any stack overflows. However, I also run Adblock Plus, which blocks some ads and other annoying content. It's possible that those of you having problems are really the victims of a bad advertisement or tracking script that is out of control. Typically sites like Groundspeak that run advertisements don't have much control over which advertisements get run -- they just offer screen space that gets filled by third party servers.

Also, there are various kinds of spyware/malware programs that install themselves in browsers and attempt to inject advertisements based on what you are viewing. It's possible that a buggy piece of malware is causing problems for you.

Maybe, but it seems it’s an Explorer/site problem. I recently got the stack overflow for each picture I recently posted, I also get the error for every picture I look at, and if I look at a picture, return the log page then hit the back button I get the error. For me the error is always related to looking to a picture.

It’s really consistent, just stated happening recently, and doesn’t happen on any other site.

I checked out Papa-Bear-NYC's recent great find at the Palisades from Andy Bear's computer. Same problem on his computer. Also Windows XP and MSIE 7.0. Since everyone who has this problem only has had it from the beginning of the month, and only in the benchmarking section of GC, it is obvious that GC tweaked something at the beginning of the month to cause this. I want to know when GC is going to correct this problem!