Dragon Ladon Geocoin now on sale

Theotokos

Based on review of the inventory we over sold the LE by 25 coins. We will be increasing the total number of LE coins from 75 to 100.

We will be contacting the last 25 coin purchasers to let them know that their coins will be shipped within three weeks. If they want a refund we will decrease the minting. Once all is said and done we will post the final number produced.

We will also be Minting additional versions based on demand for this coin. Theotokos or I will post the numbers and new minting options once a decision has been finalized.

Once all current orders are packaged and shipped, we will put the remaining RE coins up for sale.

Thank You all for your support. It is unusual in this day and age to sell so many coins so fast. Theotokos has again given the sport of geocaching a coin that will be highly sought after.

At first I was disapointed in not being able to get this coin, for weeks (months) I watched and went to the CH site to see if the coins had gone on sale but thank you for thinking for us poor souls who slept while these were grabed up.

Theotokos if you weren't sure if this coin design would sell, PUT AWAY those fears, that is one fineeeee looking coin and you could mint many and they would would disappear in no time they are that good.

Well it's off to the other coin sale site to see if any will be put up for sale (and they will) :laughing: I'll just have too dig deep into the pockets for this one :rolleyes::);)

Based on review of the inventory we over sold the LE by 25 coins. We will be increasing the total number of LE coins from 75 to 100.

We will be contacting the last 25 coin purchasers to let them know that their coins will be shipped within three weeks. If they want a refund we will decrease the minting. Once all is said and done we will post the final number produced.

We will also be Minting additional versions based on demand for this coin. Theotokos or I will post the numbers and new minting options once a decision has been finalized.

Once all current orders are packaged and shipped, we will put the remaining RE coins up for sale.

Thank You all for your support. It is unusual in this day and age to sell so many coins so fast. Theotokos has again given the sport of geocaching a coin that will be highly sought after.

At first I was disapointed in not being able to get this coin, for weeks (months) I watched and went to the CH site to see if the coins had gone on sale but thank you for thinking for us poor souls who slept while these were grabed up.

Theotokos if you weren't sure if this coin design would sell, PUT AWAY those fears, that is one fineeeee looking coin and you could mint many and they would would disappear in no time they are that good.

Well it's off to the other coin sale site to see if any will be put up for sale (and they will) :laughing: I'll just have too dig deep into the pockets for this one :rolleyes::);)

Wow....these things went very fast...and it had an unexpected effect on the shopping cart application. So CHQ had to shut things down for a bit. There are still some RE's available but it looks like the LE's were over sold....by about 25-30. So once Tom figures it all out he will post more info here.

We talked a bit and felt rather than take away LE coins sales from people that we will remint the difference needed. We will probably also do at least one other metal variation.

Sorry for this - it wasn't something we expected and we hope everyone is fine with the remint of the oversold coins...

Awesome coin! One suggestion. When you go to sell the remainder of the coins, can you tell us ahead of time (even a day would be fine) what day and time the sale will start - not everyone keeps refreshing forums.Groundspeak for the latest posts to find out that a sale is in process :rolleyes: I really would have liked to get a copper one (LE isn't something I much care for - more just the look of the coin) and now I'll have to hauk out 25+ bucks on eBay since most of the coins were probably purchased by resellers... which goes to show you and all the other talented artists should think about increasing the initial cost of your coins to at least 15 bucks. Anyway, awesome coin and you deserve more for your hard work! Keep em coming :)

Wow, am I glad I've been keeping an eye on the forums. I've also been checking CHquality coins website as soon as I get on the computer and using their search feature for Dragon Ladon coins....it doesn't work! Fortunately your link does! :anibad:

Excuse me Mrs GG where was my reminder phone call or e-mail sheesh :anibad: call yourself a sandgroper :)

I, for one, am totally cool with a LE run of 100. As for telling in advance about the sale, that would be good, but not really necessary. The better idea is to fix the cart system so the oversale doesn't happen again. We've seen several times where the software couldn't handle the load (no blame to the vendors), so it's not just this sale. Geocachers tend to be tenacious, addictive people, and coin collectors even more so. It's a great coin, and we're all just happy we could get some. And those who didn't...try trading before the eplace. I'm SURE not just resellers were buying extras! :)

Wow, am I glad I've been keeping an eye on the forums. I've also been checking CHquality coins website as soon as I get on the computer and using their search feature for Dragon Ladon coins....it doesn't work! Fortunately your link does! :o

Excuse me Mrs GG where was my reminder phone call or e-mail sheesh :D call yourself a sandgroper :lol:

ah, I guess I was assuming you were still recovering from all those Tengwar purchases.... :mad:

The link for the RE Antique Gold Dragon @ $8.50 are once again open for purchase...

https://chqualitycoins.com/mm5/merchant.mvc...&Quantity=1

There are only 9 orders that still need to be shipped for the LE's. Tom at CHQ will

be e-mailing the customer's that will have to wait for those orders. He will have

the new ones in by the 23rd.

Sorry again for the short notice of the RE's going back up. Any remints should also be ready by June 23rd.

Well, I feel kinda dumb! I've been checking their webstore EVERY day for the last 3 weeks for these and missed the LE's. But, I managed to get an order in for RE's today! Your other coins were listed with the General Stock coins (I think) so I didn't know you had your own room!

I guess you can't ignore the Forums ;)

The link for the RE Antique Gold Dragon @ $8.50 are once again open for purchase...

There are only 9 orders that still need to be shipped for the LE's. Tom at CHQ will

be e-mailing the customer's that will have to wait for those orders. He will have

Sorry again for the short notice of the RE's going back up. Any remints should also be ready by June 23rd.

None in stock. Were these left overs John or a remint?

None in stock. Were these left overs John or a remint?

These were the leftovers...when we had problems with the shopping cart, Tom shut both version down until he sorted it all out. These were the ones that didn't sell before that time. I believe he is doing some new metals though...

Edited by Theotokos

Here's an update.

Once I noticed the issue with the shopping cart I suspended both version sales.

After I had the chance to tallie up the sales, the LE was over sold by 25 coins. The RE still has ~125 available.

All orders place up until 6/8/09 have been packaged and shipped with the exception of the last nine orders placed. I will be contacting those folks and will send along some free swag for their troubles.

The remaining 25 LE coins will be shipping around 2/23-25/09.

We are also minting two additional platings at this time. One Antique Copper coin with a Nickel dragon and one with an Antique Gold coin with a Nickel dragon. They are the opposites of the current versions.

They will be available on or about 6/24/09. Stay tuned here for the sales. We will post a time for sales opening so everyone will have time to plan.

Thank You,

Tom

curious why this one didn't have a presale - one could possibly filter out resellers v. collector purchases that way too...... a thought

ps Theotokos love your design - i had sworn off in a vain attempt to curb my collection but caving caving.... and i can't help mentally labelling this one the pandemic coin - what with the map and all the panic.

Edited by forthferalz

The little things arrived today after many long days in the back of USPS and Canadapost trucks. Tomorrow they are going to an event as the newest part of my dragon collection. I won't gush about how beautiful they are because others have already... and it really goes without saying.

There's a little problem, though - I ordered 2 LE's and 2 RE's, and the fact shows up on my invoice, but I only got 1 LE; the other is... MIA?

Escaped from the postal truck or something? :D

Here's an update.

After I had the chance to tallie up the sales, the LE was over sold by 25 coins. The RE still has ~125 available.

All orders place up until 6/8/09 have been packaged and shipped with the exception of the last nine orders placed. I will be contacting those folks and will send along some free swag for their troubles.

We are also minting two additional platings at this time. One Antique Copper coin with a Nickel dragon and one with an Antique Gold coin with a Nickel dragon. They are the opposites of the current versions.

They will be available on or about 6/24/09. Stay tuned here for the sales. We will post a time for sales opening so everyone will have time to plan.

Thank You,

Tom

I haven't heard anything from you, but I also have yet to receive my coin. Do you know if mine has been mailed, or did I order mine after they were sold out?

Here's an update.

Thank You,

Tom

I haven't heard anything from you, but I also have yet to receive my coin. Do you know if mine has been mailed, or did I order mine after they were sold out?

Joni,

Your coin did ship, you nshould have them any day. Let me know via e-mail when you get them.

Thanks.

The little things arrived today after many long days in the back of USPS and Canadapost trucks. Tomorrow they are going to an event as the newest part of my dragon collection. I won't gush about how beautiful they are because others have already... and it really goes without saying.

There's a little problem, though - I ordered 2 LE's and 2 RE's, and the fact shows up on my invoice, but I only got 1 LE; the other is... MIA?

Escaped from the postal truck or something? :D

Was the packaging damaged?

So does that mean if we didn't get an email saying our LE would be delayed by now, that we ordered before they were oversold ?

yes, that is correct, if you did not get an e-mail, your order was shipped.

I got an email shortly after my post. :D Oh well, at least I got one! Just have to wait a couple weeks. hehe

Here's an update.

Thank You,

Tom

Joni,

Your coin did ship, you nshould have them any day. Let me know via e-mail when you get them.

Thanks.

:D I can't wait to see it in person!

Escaped from the postal truck or something? :(

Was the packaging damaged?

Nope, the package came fully intact and said "4 tokens" on the customs declaration sheet..

I guess I'm going to have to add this forum to my daily web search. I never saw this coin and I LOVE IT!!!!! I'm sure it's a little soon to say but I sure hope there is a remint. I'm trying on eBay but they are going over my price. Please bring us some more.

I guess I'm going to have to add this forum to my daily web search. I never saw this coin and I LOVE IT!!!!! I'm sure it's a little soon to say but I sure hope there is a remint. I'm trying on eBay but they are going over my price. Please bring us some more.

There is a remint coming and it should be this week or next.