Dragon Ladon Geocoin now on sale

Theotokos

Any update on this coin?.....cant wait to get my hands on it.

I'll check with the vendor to see where we are at. They should be here very soon. Last week the coins were basically done we were just waiting for the tracking codes. Today I was looking on the Geocaching - Geocoin Information page and noticed that the coins are now listed so I know we got the codes. I'll give a better update once I hear from Tom.

The coins will be put up for sale some time this week - we just need to get the sales links and pictures up.

Here are the specs of the coin...

It's a 1.75" 3.0mm Pewter based coin. They all have a two-tone plating with either an Antique Gold or Antique Copper plated wrap around dragon on a nickel base. It also has translucent Imitation Hard Enamel coloring.

They will have a unique icon Dragon64x64.gif

So, if you're interested stay tuned and I will post the link with new pictures once everything is ready.

Edited by Theotokos

Due to a weird problem when ordering my coins last night I ended up with a duplicate order. I emailed the folks at the site and they have kindly said they would send me a refund for the second order. So maybe that will free up 4 more coins. .

I'm tickled pink to have been able to get some of these great coins but definitely couldn't have afforded both orders.

Wow....these things went very fast...and it had an unexpected effect on the shopping cart application. So CHQ had to shut things down for a bit. There are still some RE's available but it looks like the LE's were over sold....by about 25-30. So once Tom figures it all out he will post more info here.

We talked a bit and felt rather than take away LE coins sales from people that we will remint the difference needed. We will probably also do at least one other metal variation.

Sorry for this - it wasn't something we expected and we hope everyone is fine with the remint of the oversold coins...

sorry for the noob question... what do you mean "remit," and if the LE were oversold, how to we know if we're affected.

Just curious... it's an awesome looking coin.

remint = make some more

I'm guessing CHQ will have to reconcile the amount ordered to the amount in inventory based on the time the orders came in. He should then know who came in after we sold out. Then those folks would have to wait a bit for the new coins to come in. Once he figures it all out he will post the details in here and I'm sure he will contact those folks to see if they wish to wait or not? We won't remint more LE's than what is needed for the overage.

Edited by Theotokos

I think that a limted mint of the oversold LE's would be acceptable due to the Shopping Cart glitch.

It is good with me, hopefully all other people who ordered LE's feel the same.

But many people buy LE's, even at additonal cost (not really that much here) just because they are LE's

and that there are only XX's ever produced.

If that is out and the LE's become a 200 run they become a different run versus an LE. :rolleyes:

My Son wanted this coin, checked the thread daily, even with subscribing to it, so he could get in on the

sale, we too also missed it looks as if we got lucky, got my PaPal Invoice as well as CH coins receipt.

Good thing I don't sleep much.

Saw this happen once before on a coin, it was listed as only XXX made and available, these sold out quickly

just like these now they are being offered on the website as available for purchase, went from LE to regular

run... :), oh well the coin is still a beautiful coin one and my Son is happy with, its all well so... :laughing:

Theotokos be VERY PROUD of your work, I think this will be sought after for some time to come.

Remember The Dressel Dragon Coin it's still a FAVORITE.... and most sought after.....

Edited by The Finding Irish 4

I think that a limted mint of the oversold LE's would be acceptable due to the Shopping Cart glitch.

It is good with me, hopefully all other people who ordered LE's feel the same.

But many people buy LE's, even at additonal cost (not really that much here) just because they are LE's

and that there are only XX's ever produced.

If that is out and the LE's become a 200 run they become a different run versus an LE. :rolleyes:

My Son wanted this coin, checked the thread daily, even with subscribing to it, so he could get in on the

sale, we too also missed it looks as if we got lucky, got my PaPal Invoice as well as CH coins receipt.

Good thing I don't sleep much.

Saw this happen once before on a coin, it was listed as only XXX made and available, these sold out quickly

just like these now they are being offered on the website as available for purchase, went from LE to regular

run... :), oh well the coin is still a beautiful coin one and my Son is happy with, its all well so... :laughing:

Theotokos be VERY PROUD of your work, I think this will be sought after for some time to come.

Remember The Dressel Dragon Coin it's still a FAVORITE.... and most sought after.....

Thanks for the compliments...

I don't think we will see the LE get close to the 200 coins mark that the RE was minted at so it should still be okay.

sorry for the noob question... what do you mean "remit," and if the LE were oversold, how to we know if we're affected.

Just curious... it's an awesome looking coin.

remint = make some more

I'm guessing CHQ will have to reconcile the amount ordered to the amount in inventory based on the time the orders came in. He should then know who came in after we sold out. Then those folks would have to wait a bit for the new coins to come in. Once he figures it all out he will post the details in here and I'm sure he will contact those folks to see if they wish to wait or not? We won't remint more LE's than what is needed for the overage.

You could give people the option of a refund or taking an RE instead of an LE?

Reminting LE's is a slippery slope... as mentioned above, people buy them because they are a limited edition. The precedent in these forums is not to remint LE's. If people are told LE's are being reminted it will slowly erode the value of the term. I know it's more of a bother, but in the long run it will keep the foreseen value in limited editions. Just my two cents worth.

Based on review of the inventory we over sold the LE by 25 coins. We will be increasing the total number of LE coins from 75 to 100.

We will be contacting the last 25 coin purchasers to let them know that their coins will be shipped within three weeks. If they want a refund we will decrease the minting. Once all is said and done we will post the final number produced.

We will also be Minting additional versions based on demand for this coin. Theotokos or I will post the numbers and new minting options once a decision has been finalized.

Once all current orders are packaged and shipped, we will put the remaining RE coins up for sale.

Thank You all for your support. It is unusual in this day and age to sell so many coins so fast. Theotokos has again given the sport of geocaching a coin that will be highly sought after.

Edited by CacheHunters42