Givin' up Geocaching, maybe forever......

"This video is not available in your country"

Shucks.

Now I'll never know.

(But I don't believe a word of it... whatever it was :blink: )

(It's got to be that time of this month, right? :unsure: )

MrsB

Much the same here. I visited the YouTube link only very reluctantly, as I do not have a whole lot of patience with most public geocides and what I tend to see as the inherent lack of grace and appreciation on the part of the geociders, but, in this case, I DID attempt to visit the link, but I had already resolved to watch the video for only a few seconds. Well, I never got the chance to see even that much! On each of my four attempts this morning to visit the page, I simply received a message from YouTube which read:

This Video Is No Longer Available. It has been permanently removed by Google and YouTube based upon complaints of infringement and abuse of service which were determined to be valid.

Shucks.

Now I'll never know.

(But I don't believe a word of it... whatever it was :P )

MrsB

Much the same here. I visited the YouTube link only very reluctantly, as I do not have a whole lot of patience with most public geocides and what I tend to see as the inherent lack of grace and appreciation on the part of the geociders, but, in this case, I DID attempt to visit the link, but I had already resolved to watch the video for only a few seconds. Well, I never got the chance to see even that much! On each of my four attempts this morning to visit the page, I simply received a message from YouTube which read:

This Video Is No Longer Available. It has been permanently removed by Google and YouTube based upon complaints of infringement and abuse of service which were determined to be valid.

Probably the worst song ever recorded, and the worst video ever made. But it's from like 1988, I don't see the connection to a 2009 Geocide. :blink:

Shucks.

Now I'll never know.

(But I don't believe a word of it... whatever it was :P )

MrsB

Probably the worst song ever recorded, and the worst video ever made. But it's from like 1988, I don't see the connection to a 2009 Geocide. :blink:

I never had the chance to see the movie but after seeing the post above I'm going to guess Rickroll.

Correct me if Im wrong BUT wasnt yesterday April 1st.....APRIL FOOLS DAY....Rick Astley Video.....Nuff said

(unless Im totally wrong at which point Oh well.....)

Yeah, but I was trying to analyze the connection between Rick and a Geocide. I thought there might be something there. Rick can make a mutha do crazy things. :unsure:

Well.....couple minutes til midnite, 'bout had it with this steenkin' game & some of those who play it.... & after much thought, thinking I'm about ready to give up geocaching. Completely.

And this li'l video will show you all exactly why!!

VIDEO LINK

buhbye!

~*

I'm late to reply, I know, but if no one's taken your GPS yet, I'd like to put in my bid! Also for any ammo cans you have that you won't need anymore...

:laughing:

Correct me if Im wrong BUT wasnt yesterday April 1st.....APRIL FOOLS DAY....Rick Astley Video.....Nuff said

(unless Im totally wrong at which point Oh well.....)

I'm assuming you are right, as well.

However, the OP is actually late by a whole month! :laughing:

That's right, late! :D

By an entire month! :laughing:

"What's that, Too Tall John?" you say. "What warped world are you from where April Fools Day comes an entire month before April 1st?" :laughing:

Apparently, my warped world is the same one we're all in. :D

According to You Got Rick Rolled Dot Com:

Official 'You Got Rick Rolled!' Day

What: 1st Ever Official 'You Got Rick Rolled!' Day

When: March 1st, 2009

Where: Everywhere!

Yes, it's official! March 1st is officially 'You Got Rick Rolled!' day!

Also from the same site:

Q: What is Rick Roll, Rick Rolling, Rick Rolled?

A: (courtesy of Yahoo! Answers)

An internet prank or joke. Rick Roll, Rick Roll'd or Rick Rolling is an internet spam trick in which people

post a link to a Rick Astley video on Youtube, but say the viewers of the video are

being led to another video, usually proof of unconfirmed gaming news or trailers.

Well.....couple minutes til midnite, 'bout had it with this steenkin' game & some of those who play it.... & after much thought, thinking I'm about ready to give up geocaching. Completely.

VIDEO LINK

buhbye!

~*

Are you serious or joking?

I hope your joking because this is an awsome hobby and i dont see how that video has anything to do with geocaching?

Rickrolling is an Internet meme typically involving the music video for the 1987 Rick Astley song "Never Gonna Give You Up". The meme is a bait and switch: a person provides a web link that he or she claims is relevant to the topic at hand, but the link actually takes the user to the Astley video. The URL can be masked or obfuscated in some manner so that the user cannot determine the true destination of the link without clicking. When a person clicks on the link and is led to the web page, he or she is said to have been "Rickrolled" (also spelled Rickroll'd).

Well.....here it is lotsa minutes after midnite, an-n-n-n-nd...,

BWAAAA-HAAAA-HAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!11

\bestest apearl fewlr i've pullt in awhile

\\TWU made me laff so hard (nudder thread) I physically hurt myself.

\\\one moor conn ultimate linkthru inna end nobody caughted? > quit you doomtards?

\\\\RickdTN.gif

\\\\\pvvnd!!!1

\\\\\\just cuz i luvz slashies

~*

Well.....here it is lotsa minutes after midnite, an-n-n-n-nd...,

BWAAAA-HAAAA-HAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!11

Oh YEAH!

Take that

We're no strangers to love

You know the rules and so do I

A full commitment's what I'm thinking of

You wouldn't get this from any other guy

I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling

Gotta make you understand

Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down

Never gonna run around and desert you

Never gonna make you cry, never gonna say goodbye

Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

We've known each other for so long

Your heart's been aching but you're too shy to say it

Inside we both know what's been going on

We know the game and we're gonna play it

And if you ask me how I'm feeling

Don't tell me you're too blind to see

(Ooh give you up)

(Ooh give you up)

(Ooh) never gonna give, never gonna give (give you up)

(Ooh) never gonna give, never gonna give (give you up)

We've known each other for so long

Your heart's been aching but you're too shy to say it

Inside we both know what's been going on

We know the game and we're gonna play it

I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling

Gotta make you understand

\\\one moor conn ultimate linkthru inna end nobody caughted? > quit you doomtards?

\\\\RickdTN.gif

\\\\\pvvnd!!!1

~*

:lol:

Translation required for the Brit across the Pond.

I take it you're not quitting?

MrsB :wub:

\\\\RickdTN.gif

\\\\\pvvnd!!!1

~*

:wub:

MrsB :wub:

To translate, he's saying it's the best prank he's pulled in a long time and we're dumb for falling for it. My guess is he's about 14 years old. :lol:

MrsB :lol:

Aaaah - the luvly Mrs. B, whose comments I always enjoy reading. Immensely.

Yes, ma'am - it was a joke, an April Fool's prank. The 'Rickroll'd' thing.

TheWhiteUrkel, in something he said in another thread, & later did, made me laff so hard I think I cracked a rib.

No, I'm not quitting. Not at the moment, anyway.

In the end, the song was 'Never Gonna Give You Up'. It just....you know, fit.

& for some, a hearty & good-spirited "Gotcha!!"

And for the information of other sour souls who like to speak for others, & put words into their mouths they did not say, this August I'll have ridden around our life-giving star 65 times.

~*

This is fantastic news and why pray tell should I even give a !&*^ what you do? I don't bother myself with that silly and sophomoric Youtube, myspace garbage. I'm an adult. I go outdoors and enjoy life while I am still able.

*Yawn*

Yet you feel compelled to post in this thread. Strange. it's like an occult hand reached down from above...

Edited by Chrysalides

This is fantastic news and why pray tell should I even give a !&*^ what you do? I don't bother myself with that silly and sophomoric Youtube, myspace garbage. I'm an adult. I go outdoors and enjoy life while I am still able.

*Yawn*

Hey, I thought it was funny. Hence my new avatar. ;)

VIDEO LINK

buhbye!

~*'

" Rick Rolling" is an internet meme that should have died a year ago. It is about as clever and current as the "All your base belong to us." fad that is thankfully in it's grave. What a waste of forum space.

VIDEO LINK

buhbye!

~*

After watching that video, I'm about to give up EVERYTHING... maybe forever.

VIDEO LINK

buhbye!

~*'

" Rick Rolling" is an internet meme that should have died a year ago. It is about as clever and current as the "All your base belong to us." fad that is thankfully in it's grave. What a waste of forum space.

Ha! You got it wrong. It's "all your base are belong to us". And it's still funny. And you can replace base with just about any noun in the english language, and it becomes even funnier. Example: All your caches are belong to us. :)