GeocachingDragon Coin 2009 edition

geocachingdragon

Ok It is time to show a little of my new Coin . I am only showing the back as i am waiting for samples of the new front they should be here soon. This will be a 2inch Coin 3d on back and several layers on the front. This is a trackable coin tracking and detail are on the edge of the coin. It will be sold at coins and pins Not sure of Sale date or finishes yet. When i show the front i will give a few more detail on the coin and the design . Just wanted to share this now.

geocachingdragon-acop-600-1.jpg

Ok It is time to show a little of my new Coin . I am only showing the back as i am waiting for samples of the new front they should be here soon. This will be a 2inch Coin 3d on back and several layers on the front. This is a trackable coin tracking and detail are on the edge of the coin. It will be sold at coins and pins Not sure of Sale date or finishes yet. When i show the front i will give a few more detail on the coin and the design . Just wanted to share this now.

geocachingdragon-acop-600-1.jpg

looks interesting, how long till you reveal the front?

The Front is my Version of a West Coast style Dragon Since there is no such thing in Haida Mythology I thought the name or something to call it would be a Spirit Dragon . The back Picture is my art work of a { raven in a black canoe } The Raven is a very Powerful and Wonderful Spirit from Haida Mythology .

Wow, that is one incredible coin! Nice job!

Doh, I was being so good not buying geocoins and saving money, but now all these irresistible ones coming out near each other :(

edit to add: will you be trading? soon, soon, I hope, I'll have something pretty and shiny of my own to trade :P

Edited by ThirstyMick
I admit to liking antique copper as well i am going to make it my personal maybe with the black dragon. Hopefully i will have a few to trade after the family get there share .

If you should, please put me on your trade request list. I happen to have something new to trade if it suits your interest. :o

CF30

Oh MY,

How beautiful!!! PLease , Put me on your trade list of the copper as well.

This coin would fit perfectly in my personals, Right next to Crowsfeat30s

Beauties!

Gotta Love the Raven and Crow coins.

Wanna Laugh....

... I almost asked Yhaal if Crowsfeat30 had seen the copper feather coin. Duh!!!!!LOL! I know Crowsfeat30 has seen this one!!!!!!!

WOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

Opalsns

this is the description i wrote for my coin::

"This is my third personal coin and is probably my most personal coin. I grew up on the west coast of Canada and always loved and admired Haida Art. Now, there is no Dragon in Haida Mythology so I tried to remain true to the this style and still produce something new and interesting. The moons and crescents on the outside of the dragon is a doodle that I have done since I was in school and is more my personal style than it is true to the style of art, but liked the effect. The back picture is my artwork of a Raven in a black canoe. The Raven is a very powerful and wonderful spirit from Haida Mythology.

I hope this coin will inspire people to look at this style of art as well as read the mythology of the Haida people. It is full of interesting and fun stories of working with animals and the environment, such as we do with Geocaching and CITO."

There is a saying by Chief Seattle said more than 150 years ago, but is still incredibly poignant today:

"Teach your children what we have taught ours, that the earth is our mother. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the sons of the earth. The earth does not belong to man; man belongs to the earth. Man did not weave the web of life; he is merely a strand in it. We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children."