Does Garmin Ever Do a Non-Beta Update?

I was just wondering if Garmin ever does a non-beta firmware update anymore? Seems like all recent ones have been beta releases. What's going on here?

By the way, what's this crap anyway: Date: April 1, 2009. Weather: Cool. Health: good. Food: 905 pounds. Next landmark: 190 miles. Miles traveled: 364 miles?

Just a guess,my suspicision is that Garmin is using the Oregon as the guinea pig to beta test software before using it for the next Colorado update. I'll go a step further and suggest that the two units features will be similar,but the functionality will naturally differ. How's that for an April fools joke?

Just a guess,my suspicision is that Garmin is using the Oregon as the guinea pig to beta test software before using it for the next Colorado update. I'll go a step further and suggest that the two units features will be similar,but the functionality will naturally differ. How's that for an April fools joke?

LOL. I wouldn't bet the ranch on any improvements to the CO. That ship has sailed.

I was just wondering if Garmin ever does a non-beta firmware update anymore? Seems like all recent ones have been beta releases. What's going on here?

By the way, what's this crap anyway: Date: April 1, 2009. Weather: Cool. Health: good. Food: 905 pounds. Next landmark: 190 miles. Miles traveled: 364 miles?

Go here and you'll get some answers:

http://garminoregon.wikispaces.com/message...w/home/10762542

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Oregon_Tr...(computer_game)

Bill

Just a guess, but I'd say they're all beta releases because there are so many coming out in such a short time. Probably when Garmin feels they got it fined tuned enough we'll get a non beta release and that'll be it for awhile. Garmin focusing their attention on the Oregon was the main reason I purchase one.

Why would you want to go to all the bother and expense of testing your product before release, if you can just get your customers to test it for you?

(Unless you are concerned about your reputation, customer relations, and other old-fashioned stuff like that.)

:laughing:

LOL. I wouldn't bet the ranch on any improvements to the CO. That ship has sailed.

I'll guess you missed the threads about an apdate to the Colordo coming out soon after the "final" release of an Oregon update.

I'll guess you also missed the threads about the Colorado still being manufactured and supported well into the future.

I'll guess you missed the threads about an apdate to the Colordo coming out soon after the "final" release of an Oregon update.

I'll guess you also missed the threads about the Colorado still being manufactured and supported well into the future.

Time will tell.

:wub: Did you spot the date? :lol:

Yes. As was explained elsewhere, this comment and the few waypoints included in the release are all based on the old video game The Oregon Trail. It is nice to see the OR development team has time for a bit of fun while putting out additional features/enhancements and fixing minor problems.

This new release is looking pretty solid. Not many issues so far.