Loading Google Maps

M'Lord and m'lady

Anyone having problems loading Google Maps on the GC website today?

For me, the little circle just goes around and around and it says it is loading maps ... but the maps don't load!

Yeah, exactly the same in my case in Germany.

For me, the little circle just goes around and around and it says it is loading maps ... but the maps don't load!

Same issue here. Both on IE 7.0.5730.13 and Firefox 3.0.8. It just keeps "loading Maps", yet the map never loads. :unsure:

Same issue here. Both on IE 7.0.5730.13 and Firefox 3.0.8. It just keeps "loading Maps", yet the map never loads. :unsure:

BTW...got an update from Java earlier today. Not sure if that had any impact. Ver. 6 Update 13 Build 1.6.0_13-b03

I noticed that a lackey said that it was fixed.... but I am trying to get it to work with no success.... I have noticed that my area works, but not Illinois.

You would think that if they know that something is wrong that they would reply to this topic to let everyone know.

I noticed that a lackey said that it was fixed.... but I am trying to get it to work with no success.... I have noticed that my area works, but not Illinois.

You would think that if they know that something is wrong that they would reply to this topic to let everyone know.

Well ... if everyone keeps posting ... maybe they'll notice.

It sure ain't fixed in Florida!

I'm not sure how to get their attention apart from using this section of the forums. :unsure:

Strange.. Last night the maps were so fast coming in on my simple dial up that I felt like should stay up all night getting everything I could use for the next month. Cached today and now want a revised map of the area where I was, and am getting nothing. Wonder why if they can get it working great once in awhile, they can't keep it working...

Well ...

It would have been kinda nice if geocaching.com had contacted us and recognized that there was a problem ... and then told us it had been fixed!

It works for me too now.

As someone else said in a previous post in this thread ... what are we paying "Premium" membership prices for? ... even though it is, actually, a nominal amount.

Same problem here. Both IE8 and Safari.

Java updates aren't the issue, not related to Java Script.

Java & JavaScript aren't the same thing. Not even close. Java updates will have no effect on JavaScript, and in this context, your JavaScript interpreter will only be updated if your web browser is updated.

please, somebody remind me why I am so fortunate to actually pay for this <bleep> website ?Geez.

Because if there weren't people actually supporting this website, there would be no one to look into these kinds of problems. At least not as quickly as this one got fixed.

I'm experiencing problems with google maps again.

When typing the address in the field and pressing OK, nothing happens, the good portion of the map does not show. If I scroll it by hand, it is very jumpy, and upon coming to the good place, the cache list does not refresh and keeps showing the Seattle caches.

I'm using Windows XP with Mozilla Firefox 3.0.8. Same problem with Explorer 6.0 which I almost never use anyway.

Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

I'm experiencing problems with google maps again.

When typing the address in the field and pressing OK, nothing happens, the good portion of the map does not show. If I scroll it by hand, it is very jumpy, and upon coming to the good place, the cache list does not refresh and keeps showing the Seattle caches.

I'm using Windows XP with Mozilla Firefox 3.0.8. Same problem with Explorer 6.0 which I almost never use anyway.

Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Yep, its the same for me. It started about 2 days ago. I have 2 days off and want to go caching, but this isnt looking good for that. I type in the town under "Zoom to Address" but it won't go. Sometimes it will but when I move the map it flies across the screen than it tells me its "parsing caches"

We really need help with this.