International cacher stats

Carbon Hunter

Hmmm, so I have a question

I was just readng through the worlds top cachers profile, Alamogul, on 05/31/05 he states he had 91 finds in 7 hours by himself.... :unsure:

That's 13 caches an hour, or a cache every 4.6 minutes for 7 hours. That excludes travel and searching time, not to mention opening the container, signing the log and replacing it (assuming all traditional caches).

Let's assume it takes 1 minute to get out of the vehicle, find the cache and open it. 30 seconds to Sign the log and reseal the container, then 45 seconds to replace the cache and get back to the vehicle.

That leaves 02:20 odd seconds to drive to the next cache. Maybe, if they were all in a dead straight line, 160m apart in the Mojave desert I'd be okay with it. As it stands now though, I'm inclined to disbelieve it.

Am I missing something?

<snip> 91 finds in 7 hours by himself.... :unsure: <snip>

Am I missing something?

You'll find more amazing stats than that if you dig around a bit.

To put it into perspective though. If you plan a day of powercaching very carefully, and you do it in an area like this, you're in with a shout :)

Yep - when I start reading the stats of some of these people with massive finds I start wondering. :unsure: At the end the day I suppose it is a question of doing "whatever blows your hair back!" Skyjuggler - it seems as though you and I are of the same breed and that we will NEVER have numbers like that! Keep on caching. :blink:

I wonder if it was not the same German and US cachers that logged one of my Earth Caches……the German logged a find on a date before the cache was listed, and when I removed his find he logged the same date on my other Earth Cache…..his log was again removed. He could not even answer the basic questions on the listing.

It’s all about the numbers……

I wonder if it was not the same German and US cachers that logged one of my Earth Caches……the German logged a find on a date before the cache was listed, and when I removed his find he logged the same date on my other Earth Cache…..his log was again removed. He could not even answer the basic questions on the listing.

It’s all about the numbers……

Yep - that's what I love about this pastime. Not in competition with anyone. We have the number of finds that we have - from doing what we love.

I'm off to germany this week - but if I get 3 great - if I get 30 - wonderful.

That's not the issue!

It probably an old argument by now but seems fitting on this current thread. The argument of quality over quantity...

When I first got involved in caching (Sept 08), it was all about the numbers! I couldn't wait to get them up so I wasn't a rookie. I distintly reme,ber putting together pocket queries that only included "less that an hour" attributes so I could get as many done as I could (I'm so embarrassed ;) ). Needless to say, I missed out some great caching on the way while trying to beat my daily best :laughing:

Since I got my hundred though, I all but came to a hault. Doing caches that interest me, with inspring pages and logs and I can't tell you how much more I've enjoyed it. Taking my time and enjoying what caching should be all about. Today is a perfect example... After being black flagged on the first lap of a multi, with many caches in the area, we sat around and drank a couple of cocktails overlooking the sea before continuing. Only two finds today, but it was GREAT fun! :unsure:

Where we stay im pretty caches out, so i have to drive a little to find caches, except for this ONE cache, that i drive past almost everyday, its just off the motorway about 10min if that, and for whatever reason i have as yet not had the inclination to go do it. It will be done at some stage but when who know's. I have a picture at every cache location since we started this crazy pastime, and plan to publish a coffee table book (photo book) on my first 500 caches. So for us it's never been about the number but the journey to the cache, and when we go on trips its never only caching, we will decide to do caches if they close by, unless we have decided its a caching day only, and its been a blast since it started.

15403 in the world, sweet