when fates conspire to stop you caching

We had planned a days caching with Ipplepen (Andy) packed lunch made, batteries in the GPS,when I decided to put some washing on only to discover the machie had died,Paul called andy to cancel,within 15 minutes Andy was around ours trying to see if he could fix it (no such luck) :rolleyes:

A quick phone call to a local shop and new one sorted.Andy and Paul left in our car to pick it up,only to return empty handed as it was`nt any good.Realising we would`nt be able to go out,we left Andy to go off by himself,whilst we went shopping for a new machine.

:o We thought it odd as driving into town we drove past Andy heading in the wrong direction.On reaching the first shop we realised why,the bag sitting by Paul`s feet which he thought was mine was Andys caching bag and contained his GPS :laughing: .That explained why Andy had been heading home,we did a u turn back to Andy`s but by then he decided it was fates way of telling him not to go out

Have fates ever conspired against you to prevent you caching

I once went caching with what I thought was my yellow etrex, having glanced in my caching bag. Once on location, I discovered it was a banana I'd packed and forgotten about. More stupidity than fate though... ;):)

So? Go on - was it any more or less accurate than the Etrex???

:)<_<:huh:

Apart from the usual

• get to parking spot and realise I've left GPS/PDA/cache printout/solution to puzzle at home
  • retrieve micro/nano and discover I haven't got a pen, but then a pointy stick and a squished berry will suffice in the country, and a used match retrieved from the gutter will work in the town.

We were once half way round a walk with the mother-in-law's dog when she (the dog not the mother in law) set off after a deer. When she finally reappeared 2.5 hours and about 6 miles of trekking round the woods later, we'd lost interest in the cacing so abandoned the walk and went to the pub instead (so not a complete waste :) ).

We went to Bodmin on Sunday with the view to doing Helman Tor and the lunch with the mother in law.When we arrived I discovered that I had left the printouts at home, so we went for a walk and found a nice place to hide a cache in the future, and the lunch, well it was great.

Like this evening when a new cache was published just just 2miles from home in a place I know well but I have cold, the wife is out in the car and I have to wait in to take the bread out of the oven in 20mins. :blink:

It happened the other day when a cache only .7miles from home waiting for a FTF and my internet was playing up :D:)

Or when walked 1.5miles to a cache in the middle of nowhere and my batteries went dead 450ft away from the GZ and of course the spare ones were in the car!!! :):blink:

Or tonight, doing a multi where I'd collected the numbers a month ago, and came back today to get the final. When I got close I was desparate for a pee :blink: , so popped into a pub for a bit of relief and a pint, when I got to the GZ it was in a park that had closed 20 minutes earlier :D so if I hadn't stopped at the pub I'd have made it :blink:

Like this evening when a new cache was published just just 2miles from home in a place I know well but I have cold, the wife is out in the car and I have to wait in to take the bread out of the oven in 20mins. :D

Don't worry Yorkie30 - WW's found it first of course! :P:blink::D:blink:

But they are always so nice about it. :D:D:D

I've had similar events to some of you;

+ dog decided to 'disappear' for an hour, then whilst I was waiting it rained. I couldn't move from the area in case she came back and discovered me gone. She did eventually come back... after visiting some cows. I gave up on the cache and went home to dry off.

+Brought the GPS out but forgot my paperwork notes.

+Brought the notes but not the GPS

and other random stuff like muggles not leaving area, unexpected parade in area and the SNOW this year!!! too cold!!!