Newbie in WA State

chickofgrace

Good Afternoon from Windy Washington State. I just got my GPS unit yesterday as a late birthday present from my sister! I am so excited to get started. I loaded a bunch of caches and was all set to head out today, but it is so windy and biting cold that it will have to wait unti another day, maybe tomorrow after work. I am exctited to be here. I have 2 caches under my belt.

Blessings

~Jen~ :o

Good Afternoon from Windy Washington State. I just got my GPS unit yesterday as a late birthday present from my sister! I am so excited to get started. I loaded a bunch of caches and was all set to head out today, but it is so windy and biting cold that it will have to wait unti another day, maybe tomorrow after work. I am exctited to be here. I have 2 caches under my belt.

Blessings

Join us over in the NW forum. What part of WA are you in? We are a friendly bunch and (most of us) don't bite. :laughing:

Blessings

Join us over in the NW forum. What part of WA are you in? We are a friendly bunch and (most of us) don't bite. :laughing:

Based on her 2 finds it looks like Sequim.

Welcolm to the addiction, stop by 'maus and pop in to meet a local. I am sure that Tolmaus will welcome you.

or join us in the NW forum, or the Washington State Geocaching Association

Hi Jen,

Welcome to geocaching! There are several active cachers in the Sequim area, if that's where you're located -- you might send an email to Tolmaus or swaninwa (look them up on their geocaching profile pages) and see if you can hook up for a caching date sometime to learn a few helpful tips.

Check out the WSGA forums, too -- you can sign up for our monthly email newsletter and stay in touch with the local caching folks that way. WSGA

As they say, "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em".

I have learned to just except the weather in WA and either dress appropriately or just go out and expect to get wet. There are many times that the hunt called me out of bed at early morning and after getting dressed and grabbed my bugout bag, I step out onto the front porch and find heavy drizzle or rain. In that case I grab my wet weather bag and roll out. You have to take the good weather with the bad.

Enjoy though and welcome to the addiction.