Name that (insert item here)

JakeInPA

Hmm if it's metal, I guess it could be some sort of gear rack or w/e. To me it looks like part of a concrete floor from a building. If you're familiar with fluted decking, it would make a section of concrete looks just like that picture.

Kind of like this

http://www.simpsonanchors.com/images/catal...um/111-2008.gif

Nah, it's metal. I think the "gear" thingy was probably spot on.

Oh, and we greenhorns in the Southeast have cattle grates too. I've also seen them used for llamas, buffalo, and giraffes.

Re: Cattle guards / Texas Gate.

Many reasons are given for why they work.

The usual 'best' is that cattle simply cannot walk overthem. That is probably 100 % correct.

My own theory is that they would likely see it as a very large barbeque just waiting for them.

Doug

Here is something that only exists in one place, in the world. There are several caches near this site.

497889f7-999d-49fb-9af1-0893390cb928.jpg

It's not completely unique. In BC, Canada are the Spiral Tunnels - two loops in tunnels in the moutain:

PICT2243.jpg

Here's a picture of three sections of the same train going thru the lower Spiral Tunnel:

PICT2240.jpg

But it is in only one place on earth...None of the others are called the Tehachapi Loop