Mac OS X 10.5 transferring pocket queries of geocaching GPX files to Garmin Colorado 400t?

Adrenaline Junkie Tim

Thank you for offering to help. I did try that but when I copied the pocket querie over it seemed to crash the unit. I know you can drop individual gpx files over but it didn't seem that I could drag a querie over. Any thoughts?

Just plug in the garmin, It will mount as a drive. ( Kind of like a USB stick )

Just pull the GPX over to the mounted drive in the /garmin/GPX directory.

You're done.

Thank you for offering to help. I did try that but when I copied the pocket querie over it seemed to crash the unit. I know you can drop individual gpx files over but it didn't seem that I could drag a querie over. Any thoughts?

Just plug in the garmin, It will mount as a drive. ( Kind of like a USB stick )

Just pull the GPX over to the mounted drive in the /garmin/GPX directory.

You're done.

Did you unzip the PQ first?

Pocket Queries drop over fine, you should be able to even drop multiple queries, as long as the cache count isn't over 1000.

Hmmmm. The GPS is crashing? When you are doing the copy, or after you power it up after the copy completes successfully?

10.5.6 on the Mac OS?

Is you garmin updated to latest firmware. You can do this on a mac as well, follow the link for the updater if you haven't yet.

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=3699

Also, are you running Windoze under Parallels or VMWare fusion? If so, make sure your virtual machine is not running.

Let me know if everything is updated..

I'm running 10.5.6 and I'm not running Windoze under Parallels or VMWare fusion. I'm dropping the pocket queries in the GARMIN/GARMIN/GPX folder on my mac.

I've also run Garmin updater to get the unit up to speed. Have you heard of others dropping .gpx pocket queries of 500 waypoints into the folder and having it work?

-Tim

Pocket Queries drop over fine, you should be able to even drop multiple queries, as long as the cache count isn't over 1000.

Hmmmm. The GPS is crashing? When you are doing the copy, or after you power it up after the copy completes successfully?

10.5.6 on the Mac OS?

Is you garmin updated to latest firmware. You can do this on a mac as well, follow the link for the updater if you haven't yet.

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=3699

Also, are you running Windoze under Parallels or VMWare fusion? If so, make sure your virtual machine is not running.

Let me know if everything is updated..