Setting Up Pocket Queries

WherethehellsWoody

I have been trying to set up Pocket Queries. After I select the criteria I want it keeps coming back no caches meet that criteria. I'm not sure if it's at the attributes portion I'm messing up. Yes I've read the sparse instructions on the Geo web page. I'm doing something wrong. Is there a better place to go and find step by step instructions for doing this?

Another question. I am trying to set up a PQ for caches I have found in order to set up statistics with GSAK. The radius block will not accept higher than 500 miles from my home co-ords. I have found caches 2500 miles from my home co-ords. How do I get it to show these finds? Thanks

Another question. I am trying to set up a PQ for caches I have found in order to set up statistics with GSAK. The radius block will not accept higher than 500 miles from my home co-ords. I have found caches 2500 miles from my home co-ords. How do I get it to show these finds? Thanks

While Motorcyle_Mama is correct that for getting statistics with GSAK you should use the special My Finds Pocket Query which you can find near the bottom of the My Pocket Queries page, I do have a regular pocket query set up to return all my finds that have been found in the past seven days (not too useful now that I have nearly 5000 finds as this almost always returns more than 500 caches). Instead of using a radius from my home coodinates, I set this up to look for caches in each state I've found caches in. You can hold the ctrl key down to select multiple states. If you have caches in some countries that don't have states or provinces and others in countries that have states or provinces, this doesn't work. You would need two queries - one for states and provinces and the other for countries.

While Motorcyle_Mama is correct that for getting statistics with GSAK you should use the special My Finds Pocket Query which you can find near the bottom of the My Pocket Queries page, I do have a regular pocket query set up to return all my finds that have been found in the past seven days (not too useful now that I have nearly 5000 finds as this almost always returns more than 500 caches). Instead of using a radius from my home coodinates, I set this up to look for caches in each state I've found caches in. You can hold the ctrl key down to select multiple states. If you have caches in some countries that don't have states or provinces and others in countries that have states or provinces, this doesn't work. You would need two queries - one for states and provinces and the other for countries.

Why not just use the one "My Finds" query that has already been created. It gives you every thing you found, including archived. It is possible that a cache you found in the last 7 days got archived and your query would not show it.

My Finds returns everything you found regardless of status, distance etc. Once you have that, you can use GSAK to slice/dice any way you want. In fact, GSAK has pre-written macros to give you every statistic known to man.