Planning a CITO

I'm currently working with the BLM and Idaho Fish & Game in planning a few CITO events for this summer. This will be my first event(s) and I've been unable to find any information on whether it is kosher or not to place several caches in the event area prior to the event as an inducement to get more participation. Of course, the caches would not be listed until the day of the event so those participating would have first opportunity for FTFs. Can anyone tell me if there is some rule concerning this subject and where I can find it? I've searched high and low for a contact number so I could explain in greater detail what I'm planning, but I can't find one anywhere. Perhaps someone could help me with this problem also?

Thanks,

Setan Meyacha

I'm one of the Idaho reviewers and would possibly be reviewing these caches. Hiding caches in conjunction with an event is not uncommon and there is no rule to prevent you from doing it. However, just because there's no rule against it doesn't mean it's a good idea. This is a CITO event, I think it's best to focus on that and not have people abandoning their CITO duties to rush off for a FTF.

I've attended several CITOs, we've never had any caches published during the event like you describe and we've always had a good turnout. They've also been among the most enjoyable and popular events I've attended.