New MN Cacher

incakola

Got out today to try out my shiny new Etrex Vista HCx.

Had time for 3 stops, found all 3. Had a blast with the Family.

Look forward to much more fun...

BTW. Name is Rob, 24 married, with a 2 yo daughter, and a son due in may.

Look forward to seeing your footprints! :mellow:

Hello, and welcome to your new addiction! I suggest you stop by the Minnesota Geocaching Association (MNGCA) to visit and possibly become a member (no charge). There's lots of great info there, a forum, and a good way to get to know some other MN cachers.

Just so you know, too, there's a very comprehensive listing of cache placement requirements there. Many areas, parks, cities, counties and open spaces have more strict rules for placing caches, and it was an eye opener when I moved back to MN from Oregon...

So come on by and say hello at mngca.org!

Welcome to geocaching! Just catching up on reading some of the forums and ran across yours today. Did a little search to see which part of Minnesota you might be in and I saw a comment in one of your logs that indicated that you go to VCC. Lots of good people are part of that fellowship. My folks went there for many years until a recent move to New Ulm.

Hope you enjoy geocaching. It is a great family hobby. It also is something fun you and your 2 year-old can do while mom and the new baby are taking a nap. Make sure you check out the Lakeville Bug Drop when your little one is along. It is a fun little cache right near the McStop on I-35 that always has a travel bug or a coin to move along and also usually has some kid-friendly swag available. It is a fun container that a two year-old might enjoy.

If you have any questions the forums and the Minnesota Geocaching Association are a great resource or also feel free to contact us "oldies". We have been geocaching for almost 1/17 of our lives...so that will tell you that we have been around for a bit! :rolleyes:

All the best to you and your family and the new little "geo-baby" on the way. Enjoy these years...little ones grow up way too fast. (My baby is older than you are!)

Dena of dlgps