caching in pei

A&W 2

Heading to PEI in summer. wanting to bike the trail and cache ....any sites thoughts please advise...thank you....

The Great White GeoTour Cache GCXTN9 is a great historical tour of Charlottetown and ends on the trail somewhere (that's not saying too much is it?). There is a wonderful red dirt Earthcache GC162VW that should be on everyone's to-do list plus any of the caches near Cow's ice cream parlours are very good... because you can reward or console yourself with the most awesome ice cream in the world! We DNF'd the cache under the Confed bridge at the Borden end, but we didn't really mind because the bridge was an architectural masterpiece that we spent some time photographing.

n1024225143_30065802_8222.jpg

n1024225143_30065861_3933.jpg

n1024225143_30065803_8450.jpg

Edited by Landsharkz

If you make it to GC1DTY7 take a walk along the beach and keep and eye out for Sea Glass. These are fragments of old bottles and jars washed ashore, makes a cool momento of your trip.

I can also recommend GC1DH0D, take hwy 12 all the way to the point and from there just drive or walk around the main building and you can then follow the access road most of the way to the cache.

Binrat

We DNF'd the cache under the Confed bridge at the Borden end, but we didn't really mind because the bridge was an architectural masterpiece that we spent some time photographing.

Yes, that was a hard one to find indeed.

any problems with GPS precision in PEI? Mostly I only get 3 satellites which gives me about 30 feet accuracy. I presume more satellites on mainland would make positioning more precise? Still found some awesome caches while exploring PEI - what a great way to combine sightseeing with some adventure.

Heading to PEI in summer. wanting to bike the trail and cache ....any sites thoughts please advise...thank you....

there are hundreds of geocaches on the confederation trail. Unfortunately they don't all seem to be TAGGED that way. If you use the Google map SATELLITE view, you can see the trail and the caches on the trail. look for Stroll the trail (GC2GE68), fireman`s cache (GC2EBQP) Malpeque trail (GCYFFD) Wilson (GC2VJR2) black bird (GC162KQ) camoflaged bird (GC162M1) and many more.