Printing isses with cache description

herpnerd

Has anyone else encountered a problem with printing out cache pages and having the printer leave off everything above the "short description" This has happened to me randomly - sometimes the info is left off, sometimes it prints fine. It used to occur only on my work computer, but I just bought a new laptop and it's happening there too. Really frustrating since the portion left off is the most important info - size, difficulty/terrain, COORDINATES!! Kind of hard to find a cache with those left off!

So, I'm no whiz but I can usually follow instructions pretty well. Has anyone else figured out why this occurs and how to get around it.

Thanks

herpnerd

Has anyone else encountered a problem with printing out cache pages and having the printer leave off everything above the "short description" This has happened to me randomly - sometimes the info is left off, sometimes it prints fine. It used to occur only on my work computer, but I just bought a new laptop and it's happening there too. Really frustrating since the portion left off is the most important info - size, difficulty/terrain, COORDINATES!! Kind of hard to find a cache with those left off!

So, I'm no whiz but I can usually follow instructions pretty well. Has anyone else figured out why this occurs and how to get around it.

Thanks

herpnerd

ys it happends to me all the time. am not realy sure what to do.. i dont need all the other stuff . and just wanna save printer ink and paper what do i do??? if i click on tool bar to print preview iget a blank page. so iam stuck printing 4 pages.. recycle old caches here. make sure you put a huge X thru the old.. read old comments for a different cache once.. lol walked in circles for a half hour.. lol.. but ido to need help with this issue thanks.. nava8or

This happens to me when I use the Print Simple option on the page. I've found that I can work around it by clicking the Print Simple button, and then when the page changes to the Print Simple format, I select the part of the page I want to print, then use the Print Selection button.

I believe this happens when the map would print on the first page.

This is an unfortunate and well known problem. You can get everything to print by previewing the page and then adjusting the size so that it displays everything correctly, then print the page. It is a hassle but it works. This used to only be a problem for people using IE. Not sure if it works properly in Firefox or other browsers these days.