FTF Question

TwoSox Trekkers

So, I reverse-jinxed myself. I was saying I didn't know when I'd have an FTF, given how cache-rich my area is and how dedicated the caching community here is... well, guess what.

FTF, baby! Thanks to Only The Hose Knows for the cache. This one made 14. I started caching around the 6th of this month.

Is that normal? Is it luck or is it watching the new notifications like a hawk?

So, I reverse-jinxed myself. I was saying I didn't know when I'd have an FTF, given how cache-rich my area is and how dedicated the caching community here is... well, guess what.

FTF, baby! Thanks to Only The Hose Knows for the cache. This one made 14. I started caching around the 6th of this month.

Congrats on your FTF! All of the local hounds were probably at the GPS Maze event at the Pacific Science Center so they could collect a new icon.

Congrats on your FTF! All of the local hounds were probably at the GPS Maze event at the Pacific Science Center so they could collect a new icon.

So in other words, enjoy it because it won't happen again. :ph34r:

But yeah, I imagine everyone was at the event... I was at home waiting on the DirecTV people to show up and fix my HD!

So in other words, enjoy it because it won't happen again. :)

But yeah, I imagine everyone was at the event... I was at home waiting on the DirecTV people to show up and fix my HD!

I'm proud of you, leaving your house and possibly missing the DirecTV call to get a FTF. You are growing up so fast! :ph34r:

So in other words, enjoy it because it won't happen again. :ph34r:

It can happen as often as you are able to get the instant notification and rush out the door immediately. That is what the hounds do. I have a few FTFs but most are within a few miles of my house and I happened to be at my computer when the email came in. It is a fun game to beat out the hounds once in a while.

Hope the tv people actually showed up.

Ok... now I'm wondering WTH.

The cache that was my FTF is now offline- GC1P6X8. Check out the log.

Why would someone do this? I don't understand.

I know that cacher and I am pretty certain his log is just being funny. He would never intentionally do harm to a cache. Clearly something went wrong though.

Well, I'm glad to hear that. Because needless to say, it was a bit of a shock to see it offline and since reading written correspondence lacks inflection, tone, etc it wasn't obviously sarcasm to me.

A bummer for the cache-owner. Hopefully it's a simple fix.

You might try emailing the cache owner and asking what happened. He disabled the cache before the second found it log was posted so I am guessing he received a phone call regarding the problem.