Cacher Stats

Thanks for the info. Seems like you need to log a note for the top 2 caches in your immediate area to be included in the stats.

It sounds like you have a vague idea what's going on already. You're probably talking about the Grand High Poobah's cacherstats.com statistics, that is supposed to list all geocachers with 200 or more finds? It's kind of complicated (and a long story), but at least one of your 235 or so finds (I looked at your profile) needs to be a selected cache in your area from which they pull down the statistics. This would generally be an old cache with lots of visits, and the visits are almost always successful. A guy like me, I've probably found 10 selected caches over several different regions.

You can look up these selected caches in your area by searching by coordinates at cacherstats.com

If you have more than 200 finds you can email the Grand High Pobah at Grand_High_Pobah <at> comcast.net with your caching nickname and he "will adjust the caches being used so that you appear in the listings if one of the caches near you won't work for you."