Is there a cache in...........

After noting the different 'Cache' signs in the 'Interesting Roadsigns' thread, I popped the word 'Cache' into my Streets & Trips' 'Find' (Search) function to see what'd happen. I expected a couple 'r three.....but Great Googlymooglas!! So....wonderin' is there a cache in:

Cache River, Arkansas

Cache County, Utah

Cache, Teton, Idaho

Cache, Alexander, Illinois

Cache, Comanche, Oklahoma

Cache Creek, California

Cache la Poudre (river), Colorado

Cache Peak, Idaho

Cache Ceek Canyon (park), California

Cachey Park, Orland Park, Illinois

Cache Bay, Ontario

Cache Creek, BC Canada

Cache Lake, Clay, Arkansas

Cache Mountain in Wyoming

Cache Valley in Utah;

Logan Utah has 4 Cache Valley Banks; & then there's

Cache Bank & Trust, with 8 branches across Colorado

And even more 'involved' than 'The True Micro' in Micro, NC: there's Cache Junction, in Cache, Utah (Prolly a Multi)

If you need fixin' &/or quieting, there's Cache Repair & Muffler Co in Cairo, Illinois

Then for after-hours entertainment we can hit De Cache Discoteque Bar in Dallas Texas.

Native Americans ask 'Cache Wye', in Comanche, Oklahoma....& speaking of Indians, there's a

Cache Creek Indian Bingo Mini-Mart in Brooks, California. Wye, indeed!

We go deep south international in Caché, Piauí, Brazil;

& they've got a Cacheiro do Itapemirim* in Espírito Santo, Brazil

* (which I think is Aztec for 'Premium Membership Cachers Only')

& that's not counting the multitude of Cache restaurants, bars, courthouses, motels, resorts, & Gawd Only Knows How Many schools across the lands with "Cache" in their names, where we can't put any!!

....and finally, in Guinea-Bissau there's a Cacheu....and the first one of you who says 'Gezundheit' has to spend a weekend at Vinny's, discussing banal anal topics 'til all hours of the morning!!

:ph34r::):D

~*

Besides using the search features at this website, you can find a zip code at the USPS site and search here on that data.

Cache River AR has no know zip code.

I'm guessing there are a few in any county in UT.

Cache ID has no zip code.

The closest cache to 62914 is GCR01C Cache de la Cache. It looks pretty interesting.

Cache OK has one.

Someone else can continue, I've gotta get back to work.

Well how incredibly ironic. I was just looking up caches near Ft. Sill Oklahoma yesterday for a thread started by a newb who is training there before heading to Iraq.

Cache, Oklahoma (population 2,500) is a suburb of Lawton, Ok. the City where Ft. Sill is located. I didn't notice the other one posted, as it seems to be a few miles out of town. There is a puzzle Cache in Cache which I'd assume is located in the City itself.

Edited by TheWhiteUrkel

Small re-direct: Here in NC, we have a town named Micro. Lo and behold, "The True Micro Cache" (GCKRYX).

Hence my noting in the Original Post: "And even more 'involved' than 'The True Micro' in Micro, NC: there's Cache Junction, in Cache, Utah (Prolly a Multi) "

Actually, I expected responses telling of synonymously named locales. The body of evidence suggests some of you local to these places need to get out there & get to work!! a la the 'Micro in Micro', which has been very popular over its tenure. :wacko:

Waitin' for someone to run a query on places named 'Traditional', 'Multi', 'Mystery', 'Puzzle', ....&c.

:mellow:

~*

After noting the different 'Cache' signs in the 'Interesting Roadsigns' thread, I popped the word 'Cache' into my Streets & Trips' 'Find' (Search) function to see what'd happen. I expected a couple 'r three.....but Great Googlymooglas!! So....wonderin' is there a cache in:

Cache River, Arkansas

Cache County, Utah

Cache, Teton, Idaho

Cache, Alexander, Illinois

Cache, Comanche, Oklahoma

Cache Creek, California

Cache la Poudre (river), Colorado

Cache Peak, Idaho

Cache Ceek Canyon (park), California

Cachey Park, Orland Park, Illinois

Cache Bay, Ontario

Cache Creek, BC Canada

Cache Lake, Clay, Arkansas

Cache Mountain in Wyoming

Cache Valley in Utah;

Logan Utah has 4 Cache Valley Banks; & then there's

Cache Bank & Trust, with 8 branches across Colorado

And even more 'involved' than 'The True Micro' in Micro, NC: there's Cache Junction, in Cache, Utah (Prolly a Multi)

If you need fixin' &/or quieting, there's Cache Repair & Muffler Co in Cairo, Illinois

Then for after-hours entertainment we can hit De Cache Discoteque Bar in Dallas Texas.

Native Americans ask 'Cache Wye', in Comanche, Oklahoma....& speaking of Indians, there's a

Cache Creek Indian Bingo Mini-Mart in Brooks, California. Wye, indeed!

We go deep south international in Caché, Piauí, Brazil;

& they've got a Cacheiro do Itapemirim* in Espírito Santo, Brazil

* (which I think is Aztec for 'Premium Membership Cachers Only')

& that's not counting the multitude of Cache restaurants, bars, courthouses, motels, resorts, & Gawd Only Knows How Many schools across the lands with "Cache" in their names, where we can't put any!!

....and finally, in Guinea-Bissau there's a Cacheu....and the first one of you who says 'Gezundheit' has to spend a weekend at Vinny's, discussing banal anal topics 'til all hours of the morning!!

:blink::blink::blink:

~*

I can tell you from experience that there is a cache located at/near a branch of Cache Bank and Trust in a town in northern Colorado, and I can tell you from experience that there was (at least back in 2005) a cache located near Cache St. in Jackson, Wyoming.

Once upon a time there was a Locationless Cache that required you to find the word Cache in a town, river, business, etc. for your smiley. It doesn't appear to have ported over to that other site, perhaps they will start one for Waymarking in the name?

Edited by wimseyguy
The body of evidence suggests some of you local to these places need to get out there & get to work!! a la the 'Micro in Micro', which has been very popular over its tenure. :blink:
If I had the opportunity to hide a cache in Micro, it'd be called "Micro Cache" and it would be a 5 gallon bucket.

I would figure out a way that the only thing that'd fit in the bucket was the log book (maybe make it an actual wooden log!) so that it'd fit the guidelines' description of a micro: "containing only a logbook." :blink:

Imagine the online logs: "Had trouble getting the log out, but managed to sign it!" etc...

I really really wanted to hide the cache in the woods where the exit arrow is pointing, but that was private property. It would have been so cool to have that giant green sign pointing at my cache.

So I settled for a pretty tame guardrail hide so I-95 travelers could continue on their way after an easy on/off transaction.

Edited by wimseyguy

I really really wanted to hide the cache in the woods where the exit arrow is pointing, but that was private property. It would have been so cool to have that giant green sign pointing at my cache.

So I settled for a pretty tame guardrail hide so I-95 travelers could continue on their way after an easy on/off transaction.

Hope you caught my log there, where I 'kinda' tried to do something along that line....the equation ending in the rear-window decal on Sis's 'Smiley-mobile' (see Gallery) - without giving it 'too away'. :blink:

I got a kick out've that other thread ('hiway signs') when the Micro sign popped up, & scads of cachers are apparently riding right past, not realizing there's a Smiley to be had there! We'd been there just the weekend before.

Anyhoo....some are kinda missing the point, folks. The objective is to find places with caching-connected names, WITHOUT a cache, & rectifying the situation - "a la" the Micro in Micro!!

8)

~*

Anyhoo....some are kinda missing the point, folks. The objective is to find places with caching-connected names, WITHOUT a cache, & rectifying the situation - "a la" the Micro in Micro!!

8)

~*

Hrm... Didn't see that in the OP, so I guess you'll have to expect people to take it where their imaginations will. Even in your subsequent post you said:
Actually, I expected responses telling of synonymously named locales...

Waitin' for someone to run a query on places named 'Traditional', 'Multi', 'Mystery', 'Puzzle', ....&c.

:blink:

~*

In the spirit of your intentions stated above, I Google-Mapped "City (and Town) of Nano" and got a town in Slovakia called Nana, but nothing else.

"Traditional" returned a number of traditional schools, but no town.

You'll find Mystery Bay, Creek and Lake in Australia, New Zealand and Canada, respectively.

No Mult or Puzzlei was revealed in my search.

There is a Bison, KS.

I found Old Swag Church Lane in Lake City, TN.

Now, it is time for dinner, or I'd look for more. :blink: