Permission for Public Places

cachestacker

Looking at possibily establishing an EarthCache for a feature that is large, viewable from public roads, etc. No need to GO there. Just to be there to see it.

Could have folks estimate height from nearby objects, and use GPSr for circumference estimate.

The issue is land. If they were to go TO it, it's on numerous peoples' land. Not just one. And there is no need to do so. Being at any nearby road is more than sufficient.

So.... what do you do? There has to be other situations like this....

Thanks for any ideas/guidance.

We had one approved in Houston for a public building. The owner worked with Geoaware. Tried to obtain permission to look at a public building, ended up getting none. Involed the stone on the sidewalk and building itself. Finally got it approved as public.

In Canada there are several like I was talking about.

See This One where you do it from the road, and the target is on private property you DO NOT have to go on.

I cannot imagine that the EC owner got permission from the Canadian Royal Highway Dept. (or whatever) to place the EC there at the highway where you pull over to stop and look.

If it is something that you don't have to leave the road for, then it is public right of way and you don't need the premission. Just don't have them bloscking the road. :blink:

Then if your EC is on road right away, permission is not needed? :)

I don't think so. Is that true?