Ontario Trail Maps for Garmin Units

northernpenguin

add one more to your list of satisfied customers!

unfortunately, I had a few problems:

Garmin told me to place the file in my custom maps folder... and there wasn't one!

the lines are such a light color that I can barely see them over my basemap (which is a creamy color if that helps)

Garmin told me to place the file in my custom maps folder... and there wasn't one!

the lines are such a light color that I can barely see them over my basemap (which is a creamy color if that helps)

I have been playing around with my own type files for me and a few others. If you want, I can send you a type file that will make the lines darker.

Edited by Keith Watson

With the new install.bat file you can place the ONTTRAILS folder anywhere you want. Just rerun install.bat if you ever move the folder.

Or are you referring to the pregenerated IMG file?

Edited by Avernar

Hi there - don't worry about the "custom maps folder", that's for a different Garmin feature. The IMG file will work happily in the /Garmin folder.

This is something I've been mulling around for a while. The trails used to be a lot darker, but I had people telling me they were getting confused with freeways. I can certainly darken things up a bit in the project if that's what people want.

Keith's TYP file will work for you in the interim, as long as you're using MapSource to load the maps.

I have been playing around with my own type files for me and a few others. If you want, I can send you a type file that will make the lines darker.

Care to share with the rest of us, Keith?

The solid line is based on two parts. A line and a border which is on either side of the line. The line and the border can have their own colour and their own width. What colour and width would you like to try for the two parts?

If you're going to be rolling out custom TYP files for people, I'd appreciate some information about what's being requested to be sent my way. If you get a bunch of requests for a darker line, that's something I should know about so the official project can be adjusted. The current "lighter" lines are a direct result of feedback from earlier that showed a lot of people didn't like the "darker" lines, as they appeared too similar to major freeways on the GPS.

So far I've had one request for a darker colour, one request for a thicker line, and one person running a derivative fork of the project (please remember it's Copyright - Creative Commons with Attribution. I've already seen one version running around that claims to be produced by someone else).

The current TYP file matches closely other trail projects in North America for consistency, and I've had very positive feedback about it to this point from most people.

A warning about gearing up custom TYP files, particularly if these files are not shared back with the Project (which doesn't seem to be happening). I do occasionally add new data types to the project - if you're running a custom TYP file from somewhere else these changes will not show up on your version. You will have to remember to back up your TYP file when upgrading as well - or it will be overwritten with the official project TYP file.

I am in the process of adding a forum section to the Ontario Trails Project website where we can have more detailed discussions about specific Project features - watch for that soon. That will be a good spot for advanced users to post things like custom TYP files too.

So far I've had one request for a darker colour, one request for a thicker line, and one person running a derivative fork of the project (please remember it's Copyright - Creative Commons with Attribution. I've already seen one version running around that claims to be produced by someone else).

Did they add anything new to the map, change anything, or just create a new type file for it?

A warning about gearing up custom TYP files, particularly if these files are not shared back with the Project (which doesn't seem to be happening). I do occasionally add new data types to the project - if you're running a custom TYP file from somewhere else these changes will not show up on your version.

As long as the release notes mention that the type file was updated it should not be a problem. I found a decompiler for the type files so getting any changes I use for my type files for the map is pretty simple.

Edited by Keith Watson

Did they add anything new to the map, change anything, or just create a new type file for it?

For a while, I didn't even want to bring up this in the forum thread. It's gonna sow negativity, but I gotta get it off my chest.

They changed the Map ID, dropped all the extra files - including the changelog/readme and repackaged it.

They changed the title of the map to have their name in it (called it Ontario Trails - by xxxxxx xxxxx). From what I can tell, it's the same map data, based off 0.73 which makes it a derivative work. Even if they added a trail or two, they should credit where the original data came from.

Releasing a TYP file for the project is not really the same thing as repackaging the project and changing the names. I try to credit everyone involved in the changelog file too, so it really should be included in derivatives.

Right now I'm mildly annoyed. You put a few hundred hours of work into something fun, then see it come back to you with someone else's name attached to it.... I'm sure anyone would be a little ticked.

I won't be identifying the party responsible here unless something more happens, as that just sows more negativity. They should be aware that I noticed it though.

--

On a brighter note, I have added those Dumfries Conservation Area trails to the project now that Zeke_ has sent me his more accurate file, and I'm still sorting through a mountain of new trails to add. Got some good portions of the GRLT in the new files and a whole whack of mountain biking paths. I will definitely issue a new map release before the GHMGC club meets in June.

On the new forum, I want to setup a section for reporting specific trail changes as well - for example I'd like to get all the trails that are on roads (not beside roads) tagged with those dotted lines.

A warning about gearing up custom TYP files, particularly if these files are not shared back with the Project (which doesn't seem to be happening). I do occasionally add new data types to the project - if you're running a custom TYP file from somewhere else these changes will not show up on your version.

As long as the release notes mention that the type file was updated it should not be a problem. I found a decompiler for the type files so getting any changes I use for my type files for the map is pretty simple.

I always try to mention things like that in the changelog.

I'll put it this way - if you're running a custom TYP file you'll be responsible for keeping it up to date with the rest of the project. If you obtain a custom TYP file from someone else, you better hope they keep up to date with the project.

Like anything else in life - if your custom Blackberry theme crashes the device, RIM doesn't support that theme. When OS 6.0 comes out, you better hope the theme author keeps up to date.

For a while, I didn't even want to bring up this in the forum thread. It's gonna sow negativity, but I gotta get it off my chest.

They changed the Map ID, dropped all the extra files - including the changelog/readme and repackaged it.

They changed the title of the map to have their name in it (called it Ontario Trails - by xxxxxx xxxxx). From what I can tell, it's the same map data, based off 0.73 which makes it a derivative work. Even if they added a trail or two, they should credit where the original data came from.

Releasing a TYP file for the project is not really the same thing as repackaging the project and changing the names. I try to credit everyone involved in the changelog file too, so it really should be included in derivatives.

Right now I'm mildly annoyed. You put a few hundred hours of work into something fun, then see it come back to you with someone else's name attached to it.... I'm sure anyone would be a little ticked.

I won't be identifying the party responsible here unless something more happens, as that just sows more negativity. They should be aware that I noticed it though.

--

On a brighter note, I have added those Dumfries Conservation Area trails to the project now that Zeke_ has sent me his more accurate file, and I'm still sorting through a mountain of new trails to add. Got some good portions of the GRLT in the new files and a whole whack of mountain biking paths. I will definitely issue a new map release before the GHMGC club meets in June.

On the new forum, I want to setup a section for reporting specific trail changes as well - for example I'd like to get all the trails that are on roads (not beside roads) tagged with those dotted lines.

I hope you are not referring to the test map I made for sagc to test the code page problem. That was a quick generation from an image that was meant for a test, not distribution. I did change the name and product id to avoid conflicting with the official release and giving a way to identify it from the official release. It was not my intention to claim credit for the work of everyone including the providers of the data by slapping my name on it. If you are referring to this, then a quick email would have have been better than stressing over it. I have removed the test map to prevent any further stress should this be the one.

The solid line is based on two parts. A line and a border which is on either side of the line. The line and the border can have their own colour and their own width. What colour and width would you like to try for the two parts?

I think NP once told me that each of the border and trail line is 1pt. I'm not sure (cuz I'm admittedly not very technical) but I think I might prefer something of the same colour, but slightly thicker - perhaps 2pt for the trail and leave the border as is?

Again, before I lend my two bits, I'd have to see how that looks in action on my Colorado. As it stands currently, I think I find it a little too hard to see... but it sure beats not seeing the trails at all!! :D

I think NP once told me that each of the border and trail line is 1pt. I'm not sure (cuz I'm admittedly not very technical) but I think I might prefer something of the same colour, but slightly thicker - perhaps 2pt for the trail and leave the border as is?

Here's a quick version of the TYP file with a 2pt line, and still a 1 point border. This ONLY affects the "Trail" linetype, as the "Trail on Road" linetype is a bitmap.

Custom TYP File Beta - Dr. House

Copy 1033E.TYP to C:\ONTTRAILS and resend the map from MapSource.

MapSource caches tile images so hit Ctrl-G twice to reset the view inside MapSource (doesn't affect the view on GPS)

Here's a quick version of the TYP file with a 2pt line, and still a 1 point border. This ONLY affects the "Trail" linetype, as the "Trail on Road" linetype is a bitmap.

Custom TYP File Beta - Dr. House

Copy 1033E.TYP to C:\ONTTRAILS and resend the map from MapSource.

MapSource caches tile images so hit Ctrl-G twice to reset the view inside MapSource (doesn't affect the view on GPS)

I think this is pretty much what I was looking for; I am a happy fat kid. For me, the current colour scheme works, but was just too narrow for my liking. I have a feeling this version may also show up better on those with creme coloured backgrounds.

BTW, is the above TYP file based on the currently available mapset?

I think this is pretty much what I was looking for; I am a happy fat kid. For me, the current colour scheme works, but was just too narrow for my liking. I have a feeling this version may also show up better on those with creme coloured backgrounds.

BTW, is the above TYP file based on the currently available mapset?

Thanks Dr. House

The above TYP file is pulled right out of my "current" map source file. But that hasn't changed for several releases so you're safe using that with the currently available mapset.

The only real change I have planned for 0.75 is "more trails", but I'll be watching the feedback regarding the TYP files.

Not sure if this is related to the trail maps or just a Colorado issue. I notice on version 3.3 that the terrain shading gets repeated for every transparent map active. For example if there is only the base and the DEM topo, the shading is done one. If I add two trail maps it repeats the shading two more times. This makes it very hard to read the area in the shading.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Garmin fixed this one in the Colorado 3.42 beta software.

Not sure if this is related to the trail maps or just a Colorado issue. I notice on version 3.3 that the terrain shading gets repeated for every transparent map active. For example if there is only the base and the DEM topo, the shading is done one. If I add two trail maps it repeats the shading two more times. This makes it very hard to read the area in the shading.

Hey they did it to the right device this time. I was not happy when I showed them the problem and they took all my screen shots and made the fix to the Oregon.

Confirmed. The shading problem that started in version 3.1 has been corrected.

They were indeed handy, however... was it just me, or was there a problem with the mapped trails to the NE of the centre?

The shapes of the trails were accurate, but not lined up... there was a significant systematic bias in the latitude. I'm guessing some sort of datum mismatch?

Some of the trails come from tracks and some come from people tracing on to satellite images or trail maps. Not sure what the section you were using was from.

The Tiffen trails are from submitted tracks. I noticed a few of them need to be adjusted, but I didn't hike them all. With 600 people at an event, I hope to get a few tracklogs submitted to the project. Tiffen is a spot that's pretty difficult to gleam off satellite imagery due to the fact that it's just a great big clump of trees ....

Thing to remember as well, is these maps are based on *consumer level* GPS unit tracks too (well, the MNR submitted sections are a bit better). If they're off by 20M that should almost be expected. If I get multiple track submissions for an area, I can do a bit of averaging - otherwise I'm at the mercy of the accuracy of that particular GPS on that particular day.

In the area where I was seeing a problem (the trails between GC27B2T, GC1YTFM, and GC24AR4) the map was offset 50 m to the south... consistently. Longitude was accurate, and my Oregon was zeroing on top of caches, so I don't think the problem was on my end. I expect there might have been a weird error when the tracklogs were generates, or some issue in conversion?

I'd volunteer my tracklogs but they'd require more cleanup (eg editing out the bushwhacking/cache hunting/other random wandering) than it's probably worth.

Also: I don't mean to sound negative! These maps are incredibly handy, and I'm glad someone took on the initiative of gathering and organizing all this data into a useful form. I only mentioned this issue because it looked like it could be the sort of distortion that might have a simple fix.

I'd volunteer my tracklogs but they'd require more cleanup (eg editing out the bushwhacking/cache hunting/other random wandering) than it's probably worth.

that's also exactly my worry with submitting my track logs :)

In the area where I was seeing a problem (the trails between GC27B2T, GC1YTFM, and GC24AR4) the map was offset 50 m to the south... consistently. Longitude was accurate, and my Oregon was zeroing on top of caches, so I don't think the problem was on my end. I expect there might have been a weird error when the tracklogs were generates, or some issue in conversion?

Most likely scenario is the tracks I did get submitted, that GPS had an 'off moment'. Happens a lot with the older Colorados in particular. I've seen my Colorado mirror my exact track but be 100M out - only way to fix that is to reboot the unit, if I notice it. I'll take a look at the map in that area. Good news is, I visited those caches too, so I have my own tracklog as well - and I didn't do much bushwhacking during the event.

that's also exactly my worry with submitting my track logs :)

I can usually spot and remove a geocache hunt from the tracklogs (pretty easy to spot those actually), but yes, if you resorted to a lot of travel that wasn't on the trails then the tracks won't be all that useful. But every little bit counts, so if you had a section you know is accurate send it in. You may be filling a small gap in my tracklog for example where I took a different route to the next cache.

Also: I don't mean to sound negative! These maps are incredibly handy, and I'm glad someone took on the initiative of gathering and organizing all this data into a useful form. I only mentioned this issue because it looked like it could be the sort of distortion that might have a simple fix.

Thanks, I appreciate that.

Could these trails be added to the next release? GC27XM9. The MapSource file looks to be the best detail. This would come in handy for the June get together of the Golden Horseshoe Monthly Geocaching Club. I have created a map to share with others, but inclusion in the this project looks to make sense.

Yup, those are scheduled for the next release. I talked to Zeke_ on Friday after Res pointed this out to me. Zeke_ is preparing a more accurate trailmap for me for Dumfries than what is currently posted on that cache.

I also received a file with another 4700km of trails on Saturday and I'm sorting through that mountain too.

Is this going to be released in time for people to load it up for this weekend? If not, i can make the map I had made of the conservation area available for people that would like it for this weekend.

Is this going to be released in time for people to load it up for this weekend? If not, i can make the map I had made of the conservation area available for people that would like it for this weekend.

I'm on vacation this week, and I'm using it for some geocaching daytrips.

I'd sure like to have a release before the weekend, we'll see how it goes. There's been a lot of work going on behind the scenes, particularly with a large section of submitted data and the TYP file to improve visibility on the topo maps and Oregon units. You may not like the TYP file I'm using -- what you see below is what's on my GPS at the moment. Feedback is welcome of course.

Keep your C:\ONTTRAILS\1033E.TYP file in case you want to revert to the TYP file from the last version.

In the mean time, here's my current mapset --- a "beta" if you will for Garmin users, that should fill in the gap.

MapSource Version

Img file for Colorado/Oregon/Dakota

These links will remain active until the "full" version is launched.

I'm on vacation this week, and I'm using it for some geocaching daytrips.

I'd sure like to have a release before the weekend, we'll see how it goes. There's been a lot of work going on behind the scenes, particularly with a large section of submitted data and the TYP file to improve visibility on the topo maps and Oregon units. You may not like the TYP file I'm using -- what you see below is what's on my GPS at the moment. Feedback is welcome of course.

Keep your C:\ONTTRAILS\1033E.TYP file in case you want to revert to the TYP file from the last version.

In the mean time, here's my current mapset --- a "beta" if you will for Garmin users, that should fill in the gap.

MapSource Version

That works. As long as the people that were counting on it can get it. I just used my own type file that I like.

MapSource Version

I'm really liking this new style. Distinctive and very easy to read (on my Oregon 300) but it also manages to avoid getting in the way of other map details.

I'm back!

Finally finished fiddling around with the data enough to justify a full release of the Project. 0.75 has been posted to the site so the beta links I provided above are no longer active.

The linetype change I made in the beta had positive reviews, so that is now the default for the project. Lots of new data, mostly noticable in Dundas Valley, thanks to Luke Mattar and Nozzletime.

Here's the full list of changes:

Changed Trail Line to 2 pixels with 1 pixel border to improve visibility on Oregons

Added - More trails in Heber Down Conservation Area - Whitby - entogeek

Added - Trillium Trail - Perth - Avernar

Added - Portions of Uxbridge TCT - Uxbridge - entogeek

Added - Dumfries Conservation Area - Cambridge - Zeke_

Added - Little Tract - Guelph - Luke Mattar

Added - Puslinch Tract - Guelph - Luke Mattar

Added - Dundas Valley Trails - Hamilton - Luke Mattar

Added - Dundas Valley Trails - Hamilton - nozzletime

Added - Don Valley Trails - Toronto - Luke Mattar

Added - Palgrave Conservation Area - Palgrave - Luke Mattar

Added - Main Tract Trails - Mulmur - Luke Matter

Added - Unnamed Rail Trail - Crysler - UNDERCOVER007

Updated - Waterfront Trail, Martin Goodman Trail - Toronto - John Carriere

Updated - Terra Cotta Side Trail - Terra Cotta - northernpenguin

Updated - Dickson Area Trails - Dickson - Zeke_

Updated - Guelph Radial Line Trail - Luke Mattar

Updated - Speed River Trail - Guelph - Luke Mattar

Grab your update here -> http://trailmaps.torontogeocaching.com

Just pushed out another update of the project. Lots of contributions this time, thanks everyone who contributed!

Download the trails here - http://trailmaps.torontogeocaching.com

Here's what changed with 0.76:

Added - Trails in Hanlon Creek area - Guelph - dfx

Added - Upper Credit Conservation Area Trails - Alton/Orangeville - fizbot

Added - Spillway Trail - Mono Cliffs Provincial Park - Mono - fizbot

Added - Eau Claire Gorge Trail - Calvin - entogeek

Added - York Regional Forest Trails - York Region - entogeek

Added - Nonquon Crown Forest Trails - Scugog - entogeek

Added - Portions of Speed River Trail - Guelph - guelphhiker

Added - Missing portion of Kissing Bridge Trail - West Montrose - guelphhiker

Added - East Don Trail - Toronto - Ed Easterbrook

Added - Brookbanks Trail - Toronto - Ed Easterbrook

Added - Esquesing Conservation Area - Milton - geotrailguy

Added - Burns Conservation Area - Milton - geotrailguy

Added - Unnamed Trail - Milton - geotrailguy

Added - Decew Falls Trails (BT Side Trail?) - St. Catharines - Logger/WildWilly

Added - Trail #7 - Short Hills Provincial Park, St. Catharines - Logger/WildWilly

Added - Side Trail off Elora-Cataract Trailway, Wellington - dfx

Added - Glen Major Forest Trail portions - Speedy54

Added - Bruce Trail Reroute at Boyne Springs - Mulmur - rovers3

Added - Trans Canada Trail portions - Uxbridge - northernpenguin

Added - Beaver River Wetland Rail Trail - Cannington - northernpenguin

Added - Nottingham Trail - Ajax - ky.m.guy

Added - Portions of Snowmobile Trail - French River - ky.m.guy

Added - Gut Trail - Grundy Lake Provincial Park, Parry Sound District - ky.m.guy

Added - Grundy Lake Lookout - Grundy Lake Provincial Park, Parry Sound District - ky.m.guy

Added - Beaver Dams Trail - Grundy Lake Provincial Park, Parry Sound District - ky.m.guy

Added - Huckleberry Rock Trail - Muskoka - entogeek

Added - Highland Backpacking Trail - Algonquin PP - brook22, Buttons & Beaux

Added - Crawford Tract - Guelph - northernpenguin

Added - Fletcher Creek Ecological Preserver - Valens - dfx

Added - Trail to Osler Castle (Unofficial) - Blue Mountains - dfx

Added - Barron Canyon Trail - Algonquin PP - entogeek

Added - Forest Lea Ski Area - Petawawa - entogeek

Added - Missing section of Kawartha Trail - Kawartha - skyecat

Added - Lynde Shores Conservation Area - Whitby - entogeek

Added - Additional Trail Segments, Heber Down CA - Oshawa - fababoo

Updated - Waterfront Trail near Oshawa - skyecat

Updated - Cleaned up some trails in Algonquin PP

Updated - Renamed portion of trail to 2nd Line ECL Side Trail - Mulmur - rovers3

Looks like the map site is down til the weekend.

Right now we’re offline while we retool the website. The Trails project should return by the weekend. Thanks for your patience.

Thanks Keith

The site is down until the weekend as the server crashed and I can't get out to it before then. I have moved everything to a new hosting provider so the site will be far more stable / fast once I get it put back.

I have the IMG file for the October 7 version, usable on the Colorado/Oregon/Dakota series.

I've uploaded it here, if anyone is looking for it while the main site is down.

Thanks Happy Paddlers!

Now, through the magic of "offsite backups", I've rebuilt the site before I could get back to that server. I also took the opportunity to clean up the download page a bit and moved the downloads off the front page so I don't have to edit as many links on release day anymore.

The October 7 version (0.76) is still the current version for now. I have an absolute mountain of tracks from many contributors and I'll be issuing a new map once I get that all organized.

The October 7 version (0.76) is still the current version for now. I have an absolute mountain of tracks from many contributors and I'll be issuing a new map once I get that all organized.

.... not any more! I posted 0.77 to the site about an hour ago. So there's a fresh trail project map ready for you when you unwrap that GPS next weekend :)

New changes:

Updated - TJ Dolan Natural Area - Stratford - dfx, Avernar

Updated - Grand Valley Trail - Kitchener - dfx

Updated - Huron Natural Area - Cambridge - dfx

Updated - York Regional Forest Trails - York Region - KDotBlueDot

Updated - Guelph Radial Line Trail (Completed!) - Guelph - Guelphhiker

Updated - Speed River Trail, John Woods Side Trails - Guelph - Guelphhiker

Added - Glen Major Forest Trail - Barnie's Band of Gold

Added - Unnamed trail - Brantford - dfx

Added - Unnamed trail - London - dfx

Added - Wilson Flats - Fergus - Fizbot

Added - Sherwood Park - Toronto - GPS Derek

Added - rare Charitable Research Reserve - Cambridge - Teamvoyagr, Doug Mathieson

Added - Ball Tract - Cambridge - Teamvoyagr

Added - Hampton Conservation Area - Orono - KDotBlueDot

Added - Northumberland Forest - Coburg - Skyecat

Added - River and Ruin Side Trail, High Water Routing - Puslinch - Avernar

Added - Sulphur Spring Trail - Saugeen Valley CA (Hanover) - dfx

Added - Trans Canada Trail Portions - Tillsonburg - dfx

Added - William T. Foster Woods - Kleinburg - Josee Leon (Spydercat)

Added - Walter Bean Trail Portions - Kitchener - dfx

Added - Marsh Boardwalk - Presqu'ille PP (Brighton) - Hapla

Added - Jobes Woods - Presqu'ille PP (Brighton) - Hapla

Added - Bluebird Trail (Long Sault CA) - Scugog - Hapla

Added - Hemlock Trail - Algonquin PP - Hapla

Added - Lackner Woods - Waterloo - dfx

Added - Vascan Trail - Dickson - dfx

Added - Apps Mill Trail - Brantford - swamper68

Added - Kache Lake Trail - Washago - swamper68

Added - Secord Forest - Stouffville - Barnie's Band of Gold, entogeek

Added - West Duffins Creek Trail - Stouffville - entogeek

Added - Hillside Nature Trail - Toronto - bakersdozen

Added - Harold S. Bradshaw Park - dfx

Added - Avon Trail - Perth - dfx

Added - Hamilton Conservation Trail - Hamilton - Avernar

*** Previously updated but missed in the changelog:

Added - Baker's Bush - Cambridge - Rolf Kuetemann

Updated - Grand Valley Trail Portions - Cambridge - Rolf Kuetemann

.... not any more! I posted 0.77 to the site about an hour ago. So there's a fresh trail project map ready for you when you unwrap that GPS next weekend :)

New changes:

Updated - TJ Dolan Natural Area - Stratford - dfx, Avernar

Updated - Grand Valley Trail - Kitchener - dfx

Updated - Huron Natural Area - Cambridge - dfx

Updated - York Regional Forest Trails - York Region - KDotBlueDot

Updated - Guelph Radial Line Trail (Completed!) - Guelph - Guelphhiker

Updated - Speed River Trail, John Woods Side Trails - Guelph - Guelphhiker

Added - Glen Major Forest Trail - Barnie's Band of Gold

Added - Unnamed trail - Brantford - dfx

Added - Unnamed trail - London - dfx

Added - Wilson Flats - Fergus - Fizbot

Added - Sherwood Park - Toronto - GPS Derek

Added - rare Charitable Research Reserve - Cambridge - Teamvoyagr, Doug Mathieson

Added - Ball Tract - Cambridge - Teamvoyagr

Added - Hampton Conservation Area - Orono - KDotBlueDot

Added - Northumberland Forest - Coburg - Skyecat

Added - River and Ruin Side Trail, High Water Routing - Puslinch - Avernar

Added - Sulphur Spring Trail - Saugeen Valley CA (Hanover) - dfx

Added - Trans Canada Trail Portions - Tillsonburg - dfx

Added - William T. Foster Woods - Kleinburg - Josee Leon (Spydercat)

Added - Walter Bean Trail Portions - Kitchener - dfx

Added - Marsh Boardwalk - Presqu'ille PP (Brighton) - Hapla

Added - Jobes Woods - Presqu'ille PP (Brighton) - Hapla

Added - Bluebird Trail (Long Sault CA) - Scugog - Hapla

Added - Hemlock Trail - Algonquin PP - Hapla

Added - Lackner Woods - Waterloo - dfx

Added - Vascan Trail - Dickson - dfx

Added - Apps Mill Trail - Brantford - swamper68

Added - Kache Lake Trail - Washago - swamper68

Added - Secord Forest - Stouffville - Barnie's Band of Gold, entogeek

Added - West Duffins Creek Trail - Stouffville - entogeek

Added - Hillside Nature Trail - Toronto - bakersdozen

Added - Harold S. Bradshaw Park - dfx

Added - Avon Trail - Perth - dfx

Added - Hamilton Conservation Trail - Hamilton - Avernar

*** Previously updated but missed in the changelog:

Added - Baker's Bush - Cambridge - Rolf Kuetemann

Updated - Grand Valley Trail Portions - Cambridge - Rolf Kuetemann

Fantastic NP, not sure how I cached before without these great maps.

Thanks

Is it possible to get the KML pacjaged into a KMZ file? I just noticed that the KML is 25 MB where the KMZ is on 2.5 MB. Also, using Google Earth 5.2.1.1588 I notice that the bridge and parking icons are not working. You may want to check the style tags to make sure they are still correct.

Edited by Keith Watson

I will probably put KMZ on the site when I get to updating it. Sincerely doubt bandwidth is a real issue for most of the people accessing it. We are talking 25Mb here, not GB.

I am more interested in the POI failure to appear on Google Earth though and will actively investigate that. Could be that I am not exporting that data from the app - hadn't really thought about it much as I was more using it to export the trails themselves.

This may take a little longer than usual though as I an heading into vacation mode for a couple weeks

Works like a charm now that I moved it out of a subdirectors ONTTRAILS of ONTTRAILS :)

I actually develop the project on a 32 bit Windows 7 computer. It has also been tested on Windows 7 64-bit.

You may want to try installing it from an elevated command prompt because we do write to the Registry