First time sending Cach to GPS

Scott t.

Garmin Communicator Plugin Test Page

Communicator Plugin is properly installed and up to date, version 2.6.4.0.

Garmin GPS device is detected and communicating properly:

GPSMap60C (Unit ID 3036032969)

I'm trying to send cache info to my gps.

I installed the latest plugin version and tested it on the Garmin page (see above message).

But the dam thing still doesn't work and its driving me nuts.

Help

There was apparently a change with the latest site update. You need to be a Premium Member.

Here's what OpinoNate posted in another thread (linked below).

(OpinioNate @ Feb 27 2009, 05:24 PM) *

Two things happening here.

1. Send to GPS is a Premium Member feature. It was never meant to be available to Basic Members but that was overlooked and supposed to have been restricted in the last release. Somehow the change was reversed but is scheduled to be fixed [again].

2. Send to GPS is not currently working in IE6. This is also scheduled to be fixed.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=215285

But until it's "fixed" back to the intended function, you might try using Internet Explorer 7 or Firefox.

I'm using Internet explorer 7 have installed and tested the latest version of the communicator and is working fine.

The problem I'm having is it will not upload a cache I've already found. It says it was saved successful but when you look at the unit it is not in there. It saves the ones I haven't found to the unit no problem. This seems like a bug to me, and is really annoying.

Where are you looking for your found caches? They won't show up in the list of unfound caches. On a 60 series, they'll be underwaypoints. On a Colorado, you have to click the option to show found caches. I'm not sure where they show up on other units.

I'm using Internet explorer 7 have installed and tested the latest version of the communicator and is working fine.

The problem I'm having is it will not upload a cache I've already found. It says it was saved successful but when you look at the unit it is not in there. It saves the ones I haven't found to the unit no problem. This seems like a bug to me, and is really annoying.

Where are you looking for your found caches? They won't show up in the list of unfound caches. On a 60 series, they'll be underwaypoints. On a Colorado, you have to click the option to show found caches. I'm not sure where they show up on other units.

Thank you for your reply, I found them and was coming to erase or edit this post. I didn't realize that if it is marked as found on the webpage it would toss them into the waypoints. I've got a 76 series and it does the same as the 60 series I guess