Which one can do it all?

Cladius

The recient issue with my old legend has me thinking of getting a new hand held. I cache,hunt,fish off shore,metal detect, etc. old blue has bailed me out many times when I needed her. There have been several times I've had to out run Tstorms 30 miles offshore where I turn off all electronics on the boat and come in using my hand held VHF&GPS. I bought my wife a Legend HS for christmas that seems pretty slick or would the vista 60 CS be a better choice for my multi use needs? Thanks. Cladius.

The recient issue with my old legend has me thinking of getting a new hand held. I cache,hunt,fish off shore,metal detect, etc. old blue has bailed me out many times when I needed her. There have been several times I've had to out run Tstorms 30 miles offshore where I turn off all electronics on the boat and come in using my hand held VHF&GPS. I bought my wife a Legend HS for christmas that seems pretty slick or would the vista 60 CS be a better choice for my multi use needs? Thanks. Cladius.

You may want to consider the Gpsmap 76Cx or CSx which is the same hardware as the 60Cx/CSx although it's physically larger and floats. I guess a GPS that floats can be nice if you bring it when fishing.

Go for the 60CSx. Many will swear it is the best, most feature filled unit on the market today. About the only thing it doesn't do real well is paperless Geocaching capabilities.

However, I am somewhat partial to the smaller form factor of the Legend HCx - I fine and rugged unit in itself.