Pocket PC Player on Sony Ericsson XPeria?

hakan42

Hi,

I just downloaded the PPC Player (version from 29.5.2008) and installed it on my Xperia. This device has a build-in GPS Receiver (I verified that it works with the pre-installed Google Maps application).

When I start the Player, the device shows the start page with the black-and-white Wherigo picture and then just sits there with a message "Auto Detecting GPS".

While doing this, the handset is very very slow, sometimes taking a minute or so to process a button click. It feels like the player is using nearly every processor cycle available. The only way to stop the Player is to hard-boot the device by removing the battery :)

Does anyone else see this problem?

Regards,

Hakan

I have solved the problem with the GPS. I went to settings in wheringo player and set the gps settings to com4. Go back to Start, Settings, System, External GPS, Access and re-enable

the "Manage GPS Automatically"

When you now go back to wheringo it is still in de gps settings menu. Now you can test it and say it's okay. My X1 is working now.