GEOCOIN TRADING, WANTS, OFFERS AND LISTS

EScout

Just received my 1st batch of unactivated Compass Rose coins. Being that these are the 1st coins I've ever gotten I'm looking to trade for just about any coin thats trackable on geocaching.com.

email me with offers.

iBrew

I have one last Alaska coin to trade for your Compass Rose...

Here is my coin list:

http://cointracking.com/public/SilverMarc

Let me know!

--Marc

October 21, 2005 @ 3:36 PM

N40° 46.565' W073° 58.756'

I have an "Alaska Last Frontier" coin to offer in trade.

Is that a geocoin?

I answered this question at another place also, so in thinking about it, I ask the question, "Is it not 'a geocoin' (or is it?)" I'm not trying to do any tricky dealing... I found it in a cache, does that make it a geocoin?

I found it in Central Park shortly before the "In a Rutt? Try the Hutt!" Geocoin Trading Event a few weeks ago. (Waypoint GCQH6H). It's been on my display rack since then.

I brought it to the event, but I arrived late and had just enough time to leave with Avroair on his "Decommission Mission" and I never managed to ask anyone about it.

Here's a scan of the back too. It doesn't have any reference to geocoins, (or mints), but it was cache stashed!

(BTW, I have an Alaska Coin that was a sample from the Alaska Mint, and it has the full mint info on the back. This one does not reference a mint, and doesn't look like the Alaska Mint coin.)

I will look back over the cache logs and see if anyone visited from Alaska and see if I can get any info on it, but regardless of whether it's "a geocoin" or not, it's a nice, hefty, solid shiny silver coin with a reeded edge and looks nice in my display, and probably will in yours too.

SilverMarc_trade_AlaskaFrontier_Front100.jpgSilverMarc_trade_AlaskaFrontierBack_Front300.jpg

I wanted to trade it for an Avroair since they're both of equal sizes (and of all the coins I've collected, that was the first one I saw, and that got me interested enough to mint my own!) I ought to have one already!

It's In My List

--Marc

October 22, 2005 @ 12:33 AM

I saw a Sacagawea dollar in a coin today, that doesn't make it a geocoin. :mad: I also have found a lot of other coins, like a special Maui coin, but I don't consider any of them geocoins. YMMV.

Nice coin though.

Well, I'm still looking to trade it for another 1.25" coin like Avroair's or another similar size item.

--Marc

October 22, 2005 @ 10:04 AM

I have several unactivated Tennessee coins and one green rim Selective Availability coin available for trade.

Looking for any of the MiGO seasonals, a Missouri, or any personal coin I don't have. Check my profile for my collection listing.

Thanks!

Will

I would love to have a MIGO fall coin (or any of the seasonals for that mater). To trade I have my personal geocoin currently in production. Only 100 of my personal coins are being produced, and are for trade or placing in caches only, they will not be sold. I will also throw in one of the following: Tenesse (pewter), Marylend, WCRC, S.Africa, S.Dakota, Washington 2005, Hurricane Katrina, California 2005, Utah, GGA 5th Aniversary, Avroair, or Indiana. Thanks!

Edited by Blind Avocado
your going to need more than that to get a MiGO Season coin.

If it takes more then that then I don't need one.

My thoughts exactly. I'm not ransoming half my collection for one coin!

Neither will I.

I am willing to trade the GeoBash + 1 for a MIGO Fall coin, but I'm not going to go crazy over it.

Well, I'm still looking to trade it for another 1.25" coin like Avroair's or another similar size item.

Hey Mark, I still have a spare one to trade if you want to work out a deal for something. By the way, it's even smaller than you list, it's a 1" coin.

On a related note, I've just added seven new coins to my trade list. :mad: