GEOCOIN TRADING, WANTS, OFFERS AND LISTS

EScout

Bullit,

IS there some trick to viewing your trade list. I can only see is as a Micro??

Yeah, don't view it in Mozilla Firefox. I know it views ok in IE, but I don't know about Netscape.

Yeah that's weird... sorry about that. Anybody wanna donate a web page for my coin lists? :P

I ripped out the funny font stuff, looks like it is ok in firefox for me now. I should be more careful when stealing other peoples html :P

Edited by bullit
You forgot Halloween and New Years!  :P

Gah! Don't give them any ideas! :P

Actually, it feels really good *not* buying a lot of these coins...

I was going to do a Halloween, but I would not get them in time. I was going to have Ghosts Geocaching in a graveyard with Witches flying "in the moon" (you know what I mean).

Yeah but after I buy my Christmas coin, Thanksgiving coin and Columbus day coins(oops... no one has issued a Columbus Day Coin yet) I'll be broke  :bad:

You forgot Halloween and New Years! :D

I was hoping for Valentines Day and St Patricks Day :D

How about a leap year geocoin or 4th of July?? Why not one for every day!!!

How about one for Grandparent's Day? :D

Has anyone looked at their user-stats page lately for coin icons. Maybe I'm the last to notice this, but this morning, I noticed that several of my generic geocoin icons were updated to unique icons (i.e. germany, midwest geobash, Geocoin club, etc). Pretty cool. :bad: I was so excited, I thought I'd pass the info on. If this is old news, I apologize.

Now if Groundspeak would come off the GW Icon that they promised us when we got the coins for GW3, we would be all set.

AtlantaGal (and others), looks like no more charity auctions posted here on Groundspeak:

Guidelines to promote a happy forum

I think I might ask for clarification of that single sentence. When we post in the "look what's on ebay" thread, we're not doing the kind of solicitation that legal wording implies. In fact, many of the posts are not even made by the seller of said auctions.

AtlantaGal (and others), looks like no more charity auctions posted here on Groundspeak:

I think I might ask for clarification of that single sentence. When we post in the "look what's on ebay" thread, we're not doing the kind of solicitation that legal wording implies. In fact, many of the posts are not even made by the seller of said auctions.

Yeah, but if you post anything about one of your auctions, is that considered a "Charity Solicitation"?

Yeah, but if you post anything about one of your auctions, is that considered a "Charity Solicitation"?

I would say yes.... :bad:

I would say yes.... :bad:

I think they were trying to address the specific posts that had asked people to donate to charity. If a coin is on Ebay - it is essentially "for sale". If it happens to have all of the money from the "sale" going to a charity, I can't see Groundspeak getting their panties into a twist over it.

I'd like to get ahold of an unactivated Selective Availability coin with the GREEN ring. I have a SWAGS coin to offer in trade.

Geez AG! I'll subscribe to Geocoin Club just to get you one of those to trade for the SWAGS!

lol, If it were that easy, I would just do the same. But I believe you had to subscribe to the coin club by sept 30th to receive the green ringed coin.

QUOTE (Team LightningBugs @ Oct 14 2005, 09:57 AM)

QUOTE (AtlantaGal @ Oct 14 2005, 09:39 AM)

I'd like to get ahold of an unactivated Selective Availability coin with the GREEN ring. I have a SWAGS coin to offer in trade. 

Geez AG! I'll subscribe to Geocoin Club just to get you one of those to trade for the SWAGS! 

lol, If it were that easy, I would just do the same. But I believe you had to subscribe to the coin club by sept 30th to receive the green ringed coin.

Actually, I believe that the Green Ring coin is the default first month coin for all new subscribers. If you look closely at it, there is no month specified on it. Unless I am mistaken, all new subscriptions will get that coin regardless of what month they join.

Actually, I believe that the Green Ring coin is the default first month coin for all new subscribers. If you look closely at it, there is no month specified on it. Unless I am mistaken, all new subscriptions will get that coin regardless of what month they join.

That's correct. At least until they decide to change the New Subscriber coin.

Anybody have an unactivated Ohio coin they'd like to trade for one of the following:

2005 GGA (Georgia Geocachers Association)

Hurricane Katrina

Silvermarc

2005 Texas

Colorado (new and unactivated)

Utah

2005 Alaska (new and unactivated)

Canada (new and unactivated)

Well if this turns out to be true (hey Rusty, where are you?), then the trade offer is no longer available.

I could sware that when I read that site, the last day to get that coin was if you joined by 9/30. Hmm.

Here's a couple of emails from Mike at the GeocoinClub:

We did a special "First Subscriber" coin for the very first month rather than issuing the standard "New Subscriber" coin. This was a special perk for those signing up first. The FTF coin was that First Subscriber coin and is the most rare coin we will ever release.

-Mike

The New Subscriber coin right now is a variation of our Selective Availability coin. The difference is it has no September date marked on it and it has a green border.

So they look similar, but the issues are different.

-Mike

Well if this turns out to be true (hey Rusty, where are you?), then the trade offer is no longer available.

I could sware that when I read that site, the last day to get that coin was if you joined by 9/30. Hmm.

I figured it was probably too good to be true, even with sweetening the pot a little. But it was worth a try.

I'm looking for a Great Alaska Cache N' Dash coin.... I will trade any 2 of the following for one:

Hurricane Katrina

Cailfornia 2005

Canada

Conejo Cachers 2004

Washington 2005

WCRC

After seeing the picture... and having more info, I bump my offer up to any 4 of the above coins.....

Edited by f0t0m0m