GEOCOIN TRADING, WANTS, OFFERS AND LISTS

EScout

I posted trade info yesterday. I got a ton of responses and have a busy weekend, so if I didn't respond, I will! It just might take a day or two to sort them out and such! I will email or PM people in a few days after listing out the offers and figuring the best ones (I figure ties are first come first serve)! I just didn't want anyone to think I was ignoring them! :D

On a side note, if anyone has good info on how to do artwork for a personal coin, let me know. I want to have some made, but I have no clue how to design it!

The coin sites have in-house artists. I know that http://www.coinsandpins.com doesn't charge any extra for the use of an artist. I think that may be typical. They improved my design with more detail on the bridge just by showing them a photograph of the bridge.

p.s. I look forward to hearing from you soon :D

Yes, I am still searching for two UNACTIVATED 2004 USA Geocoins. I'm willing to trade 1 for 1 or 2 for 2. Anybody have some???? Here's my list of what's available:

Alaska

Calgary

California 2005

Conejo 2004

Dallas / Fort Worth

GBES Rally

Georgia / GGA 2005

Indiana

Michigan 2005

Midwest GeoBash 2005

North Carolina 2005 (unnumbered)

Ohio 2005

Rhode Island

South Africa

Texas 2005

Utah / UTAG 2005

Vacman

Something I have noticed, people are starting to be alot more careful when trading coins because of EBAY.

I noticed today that one of my Idaho geocoins is being sold on ebay....hmm...not sure what to think about that :o who is selling all these coins??? Anyone know?? :blink:

ps I recently got someone complimenting my coin that they saw on ebay and asking me where I had them done....I set them straight that this isn't me selling my coins....a true collector would not do that....I like trading better....

Edited by LoriDarlin
...not sure what to think about that  :o who is selling all these coins??? Anyone know?? :blink:

... I set them straight that this isn't me selling my coins....a true collector would not do that....I like trading better....

Lots of people are selling them on eBay now, no big deal from my perspective. I disagree that it's not something a "true collector" would do. (No, I don't sell any there.)

lookin for unused trackable gc-coins, for example

- gwiii

- south afrika

- gb

The South African coins are not gc.com-trackable.

I posted trade info yesterday. I got a ton of responses and have a busy weekend, so if I didn't respond, I will! It just might take a day or two to sort them out and such!  I will email or PM people in a few days after listing out the offers and figuring the best ones (I figure ties are first come first serve)! I just didn't want anyone to think I was ignoring them! ;)

On a side note, if anyone has good info on how to do artwork for a personal coin, let me know. I want to have some made, but I have no clue how to design it!

The coin sites have in-house artists. I know that http://www.coinsandpins.com doesn't charge any extra for the use of an artist. I think that may be typical. They improved my design with more detail on the bridge just by showing them a photograph of the bridge.

p.s. I look forward to hearing from you soon :D

Good info! Thanks! I think I will have some basic artwork, but will need help! ;)

I have now finalized trades for one Geobash coin and also for my coin club first finders and sent an offer on the other Geobash.

I think you wanted the Coin Club ammo can (when I get it soon)? I will PM you.

I will try to write to everyone who offered on Monday so they know either way!

Edited by carleenp
...I noticed today that one of my Idaho geocoins is being sold on ebay....hmm...not sure what to think about that  :D who is selling all these coins??? Anyone know?? :laughing:...

I bumped your bid up a tad. I just couldn't resist. I suspect if LemonFreshDog (now there is an ebay name I recognize) wins he will be keeping it instead of flipping it.

I actually bid on that MO coin. I think you were the high bidder. So Marianne2 is me :D

Holy Crap! Last time I looked on ebay for geocoins (about a month or so ago) there were two coins. Today I found 2 PAGES of coins. :D

I was amazed at how much some of them are going for. It looks like I might have a new career that would allow me to sit at my computer and goof around all day. :D Maybe I'll sell a whole set of German coins, and move to the Virgin Islands. :D

Incidentally, I did place a bid on a coin, and my ebay handle is the same as my GC.com handle, so you'll all know who I am. I'm not ashamed. Apparently LemonFreshDog isn't either, since he's the one I outbid. :laughing: I was interested in the MiGO winter coin, but at $61 with over 8 days left on the auction, I think I'll have to pass. :D

I have Washington State geocoins. Both 2004 and 2005. I'd be interested in trading for other high-quality coins. I'd particularly like to get state geocoins.

These photos don't do the coins justice, but you can see that they have enamel color and clear epoxy fill. If you think you have a coin that might make a good trade, please let me know!

Cheers,

Seth!

geocoin2004.jpg

geocoin2005a.jpg

I have Washington State geocoins. Both 2004 and 2005. I'd be interested in trading for other high-quality coins. I'd particularly like to get state geocoins.

These photos don't do the coins justice, but you can see that they have enamel color and clear epoxy fill. If you think you have a coin that might make a good trade, please let me know!

Cheers,

Seth!

geocoin2004.jpg

geocoin2005a.jpg

Email sent.

Cheers,

Seth!

Email sent.

Email sent.

I tried to email you thru your profile but the email did not go thru. I would like to trade for a 2005 WA coin. I have extras of the following coins: California, Indiana, Alaska, Utah, MIGO, South Africa, Rhode Island, Colorado and Maryland.

Edited by ogeo

I have a coveted Lemon Fresh Dog geo-bone coin to trade :

Bone in hand ... well THAT sounds odd :huh:

Resize%20of%20geobone-hand.jpg

Front of geo-bone :

Resize%20of%20geobone-front.jpg

Back of geo-bone :

Resize%20of%20geobone-back.jpg

I am looking for an un-activated Moun10Bike coin ( well, only logged by Moun10Bike, thanks for noting my boneheadness guys! ) to trade for this bone - I have a Moun10Bike coin already but want to give one to a local geocaching buddy

If you have an Moun10Bike coin to trade and REALLY don't want a geo-bone ( who wouldn't, though ?! ) I also have some bronze 2005 Alaska coins to trade if you're interested ( I also have my nicolo coins and some Calgary Silver coins ).

Let me know via e-mail if you're interested, thanks.

Wow, some optimistic people on here....

Yeah, yeah, I know that it's almost NOT gonna happen. Maybe if I offred a 2005 Alaska silver :huh: - hmmm, I DO have an extra one ...

Maybe I'll have to make a new geocoin ... JUST to get a Moun10Bike coin.

Edited by nicolo

You said it Nazgul. I've offered half of my personal collection, including a full set of German coins before anyone knew how to get them, and I haven't found anyone willing to part with a moun10bike. I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm going to either need to spend $500 to make my own personal coin to trade with moun10bike, or I could probably buy one on ebay for about $750 at the rate things are going.

You said it Nazgul. I've offered half of my personal collection, including a full set of German coins before anyone knew how to get them, and I haven't found anyone willing to part with a moun10bike. I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm going to either need to spend $500 to make my own personal coin to trade with moun10bike, or I could probably buy one on ebay for about $750 at the rate things are going.

I traded coins with The Man back in early July. I am assuming that he trades his coins in numerical order. The 2nd edition is numbered 201-400 (or something very close to that). The 1st editions are long gone I believe. Anyway, the coin I received in trade was number 367.

What I am trying to say is: If you're going to get your coin made in order to make a trade, then you'd better get off the pot and do it :huh:

But then, maybe there is the 3rd edition to look forward to! :huh:

QUOTE (Redwing_dave @ Sep 11 2005, 06:20 PM)

I traded coins with The Man back in early July. I am assuming that he trades his coins in numerical order. The 2nd edition is numbered 201-400 (or something very close to that). The 1st editions are long gone I believe. Anyway, the coin I received in trade was number 367.

What I am trying to say is: If you're going to get your coin made in order to make a trade, then you'd better get off the pot and do it 

But then, maybe there is the 3rd edition to look forward to! 

I just got 2nd edition #390 on Friday for a trade I made with him for my personal coin. That means there are less than 10 left.

I had also heard he had the 3rd edition waiting to go, so I asked him about that...he told me to make a new edition of my coin if I wanted to trade, since he won't trade for anything he already has!

Also, before everyone starts to email him, he won't trade for anything that is not a personal coin either. (That means no State, Country, or event coins.)

C4

Moun10Bike is like a geocaching ROCK STAR! :huh::huh:

If someone DOES have an extra copy of the 2nd edition coin, then I would throw a few coins into the mix to get one for the same local cacher that Nicolo is trying to secure one for. I already have one on the way from the man himself, but an extra would go to this local cacher if I could trade for it.

The only two coins that I have that are a little different are the "gold" geobone and a "silver" Alaska. - note: while the silver Alaska is REAL silver, the "gold" geobone is antiqued gold finish.

Pretty pictures available Here