GEOCOIN TRADING, WANTS, OFFERS AND LISTS

EScout

Never heard about the BlazerFan/ebay thing though??

The reader's Digest version goes like this:

A blazerfan coin turned up on eBay. It turned out that this was a proof coin that somehow made it's way into the pocket of an employee of KV.

blazerfan more or less had a fit, and rightly so, since he paid for the thing.

I dunno if he and KV ever came to some sort of resolution about it, or not.

If this had happened before I had placed my order, I wouldn't have gone with them.

On another note, I'm looking forward to your coin art.

Uh-oh, I also went with KV coins, but that was before I read all the feedback here. So far no problems and great customer service. We'll see how it goes when the coins are supposed to be here in three weeks.

I'm betting they got enough bad press from people like US that they had to tighten up a bit! Bad news travels much faster than good news...

Just for the record. We used KV Coins on the GW3 coins, both the Pewter and Bronse, and they did a great job and didn't miss any dates they gave us.

It's already been established that larger coin orders get far better service out of KV. The orders that had problems were mainly for 200 or less coins, which is most personal coin runs.

I couldn't be happier with the coin, but the customer service...actually, the lack thereof, has ensured that I will never use them again.

Will they give you your coin dies upon request? I know many coin companys won't because they say that they are their property. It would suck to have to pay those fees again with another vendor.

I couldn't be happier with the coin, but the customer service...actually, the lack thereof, has ensured that I will never use them again.

Will they give you your coin dies upon request? I know many coin companys won't because they say that they are their property. It would suck to have to pay those fees again with another vendor.

Dunno....never asked. Would be interesting to find out.

It's already been established that larger coin orders get far better service out of KV. The orders that had problems were mainly for 200 or less coins, which is most personal coin runs.

I am not sure this is completely true. I dealt with the same poor customer service performance when I ordered the 800 UTAG coins. In the end Rick and Ken got the coins to us in time, barely.

Although I have not revieved my coins yet -- Coins and Pins has been very, very excellent to me!

1) Took my lame scribbles and helped make them into things you recognize

2) Gave me fast quotes

3) Responded to change requests quickly

4) Was able to create a one-off special number on a coin (LF360 for Team 360)

5) Finsihed the coins 14 days EARLY! (that is pretty cool!)

Like I stated, I still am a few days away from having the final product in my hands -- so the final product quality is the last item on the list above. However, I've traded for many coins and am happy with those that have come from Coins and Pins.

In Canada, pressed metals was the maker of the Calgary coin which turned out very nicely. I had nothing to do with the process though and they couldn't do my custom shape the way I wanted, but are certainly an option for the northern folks that want to avoid cross-border shipments and get a nice coin like the Calgary ones....(of which I have both regular and silvers to trade! :D

On that note (and maybe bringing this thread back on topic :D )

Has anyone traded for an ORIGINAL Moun10Bike coin in the past 12 months? I am interested on finding out if these would even exist for trade anymore and exactly what would be needed to trade for one.

QUOTE (GrandpaKim @ Sep 1 2005, 04:57 AM)

So does anybody have any horror stories about Coins And Pins? I was thinking about using them after what I've been hearing about KV coins. 

Nope! My coins took a little over 3 weeks from start to finish...although that was before the rush of geocoins they've made since.

Mine are being made right in the middle of this craze, and I have been totally happy with their level of service.

C4

QUOTE (GrandpaKim @ Sep 1 2005, 04:57 AM)

So does anybody have any horror stories about Coins And Pins? I was thinking about using them after what I've been hearing about KV coins. 

Nope! My coins took a little over 3 weeks from start to finish...although that was before the rush of geocoins they've made since.

Mine are being made right in the middle of this craze, and I have been totally happy with their level of service.

C4

Any sneak peeks on your design? :P

Edited by PassingWind
Has anyone traded for an ORIGINAL Moun10Bike coin in the past 12 months? I am interested on finding out if these would even exist for trade anymore and exactly what would be needed to trade for one.

I got mine back in February of this year.

It wasn't easy, but it was worth it.

I would count it as a fluke, though.

(Lemon Fresh Dog @ Sep 1 2005, 07:06 AM)

I also traded for one recently.

I couldn't have been happier with my trade. Well worth it to me!!!

Never heard about the BlazerFan/ebay thing though??

The reader's Digest version goes like this:

A blazerfan coin turned up on eBay. It turned out that this was a proof coin that somehow made it's way into the pocket of an employee of KV.

blazerfan more or less had a fit, and rightly so, since he paid for the thing.

I dunno if he and KV ever came to some sort of resolution about it, or not.

If this had happened before I had placed my order, I wouldn't have gone with them.

On another note, I'm looking forward to your coin art.

I would like to mention some points about the above quote:

I received quite a number of sample coins from a handful of different mints and medallion firms when I didn't know anything about what their coins looked like. Most of the samples were military "Challenge Coins" but there were a few sports related coins, and yes, one geocoin that was sent to me unfinished to demonstrate a type of finish. I received all sorts of coin types and finishes.

One mint, before they would send samples, asked me to return them as part of the deal. Another mint sent along a note with their coins asking those who receive the samples to NOT sell them on eBay, they are for evaluation only. Most just sent along samples of whatever must have been recently made, or were specifically what I was asking about (silver or nickel). (I photographed all of those samples as the background image on the CT site, in case anyone wants to see all my evaluation coins!)

Although it is quite possible that someone from the mint is grabbing coins and selling them on eBay, it is also likely (perhaps more likely) that sample coins are making their way there. As the perceived value of geocoins rises, more might end up on eBay.

That's why I'm of the opinion that if it ends up on eBay, so what. It's out of your control.

Except:

- You could ask the mint up front not to distribute any of your production coins to anyone else.

- You could permit each purchaser of your coin to buy only one, this would almost assure it would be kept and not traded

- You could go back to the old method of paying for your own coin run and not offer them for sale to others, just trades

Or, best idea yet... Create a run of 100 coins, and ONLY offer them on eBay, (maybe a dutch auction). I'm surprised nobody has done this already, (I'm always leading-edge when it comes to ideas!). That would be a great way to distribute coins, eh?

--Marc

September 1, 2005 @ 4:25 PM

N40° 46.565' W073° 58.756'

Hmm... okay, this is O.T, but in-line with what the thread above discussed. It seems that PinsandCoins *gets* it when it comes to Geocaching.

PinsandCoins Geocaching Page

They advised me that my coins will be here tomorrow!

I'm so excited I am running in circles, to the door and back, hanging my head out the window, and emitting a high-pitched whine..... <-- dog owners will get that!

Hello all,

Does anyone remember the topic subject for the UK coins? I am sure I was on the list, but haven't heard anything and am wondering about their status (and specifically MY status). Are they released yet? Has anyone been contacted re: payment etc.

I tried to search UK Coins all posts -- no luck

Anyhow, IF I am on the list for the coins I requested, I should have one or two to trade.

Hello all,

Does anyone remember the topic subject for the UK coins?  I am sure I was on the list, but haven't heard anything and am wondering about their status (and specifically MY status).  Are they released yet?  Has anyone been contacted re: payment etc.

I tried to search UK Coins all posts -- no luck

Anyhow, IF I am on the list for the coins I requested, I should have one or two to trade.

Here's the order page. It looks like the most recent post was on August 23rd.

UK Coin page

Looking for:

Team Fisur - Dhobby1 1st ed. – Goblindust – Bluegillfisherman – Facedances - Wandering Dragon.

Have for trade:

3costcoguys – Alaska (Bronze) – Canada – Colorado - Conejo Cachers – donbadabon – Michigan TT.C – Ohio – Silvermarc – South African – Texas (2005) – Utah.

Will consider giving two for one.

Make offer.

Thanks

I'm working on getting my own GeoCoin, but in the meantime, I have the following coins for trade:

2004 California GeoCoin

2004 Conejo Cachers

2004 Washington

2005 Alaska GeoCoin

2005 California GeoCoin

2005 DFW

2005 Indiana

2005 Michigan

2005 North Carolina GeoCoin

2005 Ohio

2005 Rhode Island

2005 South Africa