GEOCOIN TRADING, WANTS, OFFERS AND LISTS

EScout

Hello all,

My personal "geobone" is now in production and I will have them in 21-24 days. I published a list in a separate thread of folks that have already contacted me.

However, I wanted to also give folks a heads-up in this thread as well -- in case you missed that other thread.

I'm interested in trading for personal coins or coins that are from some time ago. I have most recent editions (either in hand, or enroute). I have very little in the way of coins prior to 2004. (for example, I need the first couple years of the USA coin, original Mount10Bike :lol: , etc, etc.)

I'll post a picture once I have my "geobones" in hand.

Thanks! :huh:

Want: Alabama and Missouri if it is available.

Offer:

Texas, Calgary, Dallas/ Fort Worth , Utah , Colorado , Alaska , California 2005 , Rhode Island, Indiana, South Africa.

I have these in hand, ready to trade. These are all new, uncirculated/unregistered on their tracking sites.

Please email or PM

It's easiest to tell with two coins side-by-side. Both are shown on Nurse Dave's geocoin page at http://www.beckydavis.com/Coins-Metal/index.html

If you look at the images next to each other you'll see the differences. (I'd link to the images directly but that's impolite.)

Perhaps the easiest way to tell is that in the first series, besides the numbering (although I don't know exactly what the cutoff is) is that that the diamonds surrounding the compass rose are solid on the first version and have a brownish center on the 2nd version.

There are numerous other differences: the scalloped border on the 2nd version is much thinner than the first; the compass rose details are a little different; the lettering uses a different font; and the URL on the first is upper-case while the 2nd is lower-case.

Vacman coin, it has something to do with the colors of the triangle, Dark triangle is 1st version,lighter color is 2nd version. i think :D

Actually, I'm convinced that if a Vacman coin is placed in a particular slot and allowed to collect sunlight at a specific angle, at a specific time, like say...the winter solstice...it unlocks some kind of vault of solid gold vacuum cleaners.

Vacman coin, it has something to do with the colors of the triangle, Dark triangle is 1st version,lighter color is 2nd version. i think :D

Actually, I'm convinced that if a Vacman coin is placed in a particular slot and allowed to collect sunlight at a specific angle, at a specific time, like say...the winter solstice...it unlocks some kind of vault of solid gold vacuum cleaners.

:rolleyes:

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who responded to my requests for trades on my GW3 Bronze coin. I have made a successful trade for some of the coins on my list. I tried to email everyone who asked about a trade but if I missed someone I apologize. I still have a petwer GW3 coin left. I have had a few inquiries about it but nothing firm as of yet. I hope to be posting my new signature coin shortly it is in the artwork stages now.

Thanks

The Federation

Does anyone have a GeoWoodstock III coin they would like to trade? Thanks.

I have one of the Volunteer Bronse versions of the Geowoodstock 3 coins.

There were only 100 of the bronse version minted. They were only given to volunteers and never available to the caching community at large. Very few people have them at all, and only a handful of people have more than one. It is a rare coin indeed. It is also beautiful, trackable on geocaching.com, and has it's own icon for you icon ho's.

If anyone has a trade to propose, please email me via my gc.com profile

IceCreamMan

There were only 100 of the bronse version minted. They were only given to volunteers and never available to the caching community at large. Very few people have them at all, and only a handful of people have more than one. It is a rare coin indeed. It is also beautiful, trackable on geocaching.com, and has it's own icon for you icon ho's.

IceCreamMan

Email Sent! ;)

IceCreamMan

Email sent.

I am looking for the following coins. In trade I have GONE Caching event coins and my own personal Avroair coins --- both are limited to 200 mint runs.

Midwest Geobash

Virginia (trackable)

Tennessee (trackable)

Alaska (gold leaf)

Edited by avroair
I apologize if I missed emailing anyone back that offered a trade for my moun10bike coin. I did accept a trade with fotomom. Thanks to everyone. :huh:

Some apology!

Sorry you didn't get my original email, however, I did make a trade

with fotomom.  It wasn't a joke.  But thanks for the negative nature of

your comment.  As you know by my profile I had two moun10bike coins.  If

I ever decide to trade the other you won't be considered.

:P:P

IceCreamMan

Has anyone heard back about this?

IceCreamMan

I have one... That I might be willing to part with. I would like a Moun10Bike (I'll settle for a second edition) email thesuzyqs(at)gmail(dot)com with offers.

IceCreamMan

NO

I would like to thank all the folks I have traded my DHobby1 Ver.#2 coins with. The version #2 coins have all been traded. Keep your eyes open for the New DHobby1 Version #3 coin that will be coming very soon and I hope you will all like it.

Thank you very much.

DHobby1 (Don)

:rolleyes::o:lol:

IceCreamMan

NO

Sorry folks, I've been away at a geoevent in South Florida all weekend. Thank you to all who responded. I will be personally reponding over the next few days.

Okay, here's that square Groundspeak coin I was talking about. See, it is real. :) The GD one is thrown in for good measure. I take it neither of these can be bought anywhere?

And before anyone asks they're not mine and they're not up for trade, sorry. Just something else for you all to add to your want lists.

2c98320c-db93-4ec1-bbed-6c86fab7ceb8.jpg

I have one of the Volunteer Bronze versions of the Geowoodstock 3 coins.

There were only 100 of the bronze version minted. They were only given to volunteers and never available to the caching community at large. Very few people have them at all, and only a handful of people have more than one. It is a rare coin indeed. It is also beautiful, trackable on geocaching.com, and has it's own icon for you icon ho's.

IceCreamMan could not have written this any better. Thanks for the write up.

This is the same coin design that The Federation and IceCreamMan listed on this tread.

Thanks for reading.

legna and sOulbAit

I have one of the Volunteer Bronze versions of the Geowoodstock 3 coins.

There were only 100 of the bronze version minted. They were only given to volunteers and never available to the caching community at large. Very few people have them at all, and only a handful of people have more than one. It is a rare coin indeed. It is also beautiful, trackable on geocaching.com, and has it's own icon for you icon ho's.

IceCreamMan could not have written this any better. Thanks for the write up.

This is the same coin design that The Federation and IceCreamMan listed on this tread.

Thanks for reading.

legna and sOulbAit

Email sent.

--Marc

August 16, 2005 @ 2:31 PM

N40° 46.565' W073° 58.756'

So, all you cachers with personal coins... Who has the best pricing, coin work, and delivery time out there. I have shot the same design to several coin places and got varying prices and delivery time.

I also still have 1 unregistered GW3 Bronze coin available. PM or email with offers...

Steve

Here are my traders:

Traders:

2004 California GeoCoin

2004 Conejo Cachers

2004 Washington

2005 Alaska GeoCoin

2005 California GeoCoin

2005 DFW

2005 GBES Navigational Rally, Great Basin & Eastern Sierra GeoCachers

2005 Indiana

2005 Michigan

2005 North Carolina GeoCoin

2005 South Africa

2005 Texas GeoCoin

2005 Utah

Canadian GeoCoin

CKayaks.com

German GeoCoin

Joy of GeoCaching GeoCoin

Santa Cruz County GeoCachers

Score Play On (Soccer Coin)

2005 The FabFive (FAB049)

I've already got:

2004 California GeoCoin

2004 Conejo Cachers

2004 Oregon

2004 Washington GeoCoin

2004 GeoCoin

2005 GeoCoin

2005 GeoCoin

2005 Alaska GeoCoin (gold)

2005 Alaska GeoCoin (silver)

2005 California GeoCoin

2005 Colorado

2005 DFW - Dallas Forth Worth

2005 Georgia

2005 Indiana

2005 Michigan

2005 North Carolina GeoCachers Association

2005 South Africa

2005 TheFabFive

2005 Texas GeoCoin

2005 Utah

2005 GBES Navigational Rally, Great Basin & Eastern Sierra GeoCachers

2005 GeoWoodstock III

7/15 – 17, 2005 Midwest GeoBash

Calgary Alberta Canada

CKayaks.Com

German Bronze GeoCoin

German Silver GeoCoin

German Gold GeoCoin

Georgia Geocachers Association 4th Anniversary (GGA)

Canada Geocoin

Green Man GeoCoin (Merlin Gold Edition)

Joy of GeoCaching GeoCoin

Santa Cruz County Geocachers

Score Play On (Soccer Coin)

Team Coy Chev

Team Shydog Monticello, In.

Vacman GeoCoin

Edited by Blue iis