GEOCOIN TRADING, WANTS, OFFERS AND LISTS

EScout

What coin, in your opinion, would be the rarest to obtain for one's collection (the holy grail of coins)?

I'd say an original run Moun10Bike Coin.

There are 200 original series Moun10Bike coins, but only 100 Team FISUR coins... but Moun10Bike probably wins because its so well known. IndyDiver is another rare one... not sure how many he had made. Waypoint15 and DHobby (original with fancy cut edge) are also rare.

I do have an Original Moun10Bike (thanks to a trade before geocoins really took off... who would have known?) and a local cacher gave me a DHobby original that he had found in a cache a couple years back. Of the remaining the Team FISUR is the coin I'd most like to have.

I do wonder what an Original Moun10Bike coin would sell for on eBay... it would surely go for more than a Washington I'd hope... maybe reach $100? or more...

Its only true that my collection is pretty untouchable... for cash.

I almost forgot the GD Mystery Coin. Does anyone know anything about this coin?

The first rule of the GD Mystery Coin is that you don't talk about the GD Mystery Coin!

Seriously, though...I;ve been sking locals about it as well as none of us really knwo anything about it nor has anybody seen one in person. We all think it's just a photoshop trick and the coin doesn't really exist :rolleyes: .

I'm throwing down the gauntlet - somebody post a pic of a GD Mystery Coin with either:

A) A story of it's origin, what the heck it is, etc. OR

:anicute: A picture of it with a recent newspaper (like a ransom picture)

Me thinks only bigfoot has one..... :laughing: .

I know someone who has one, and have seen it in person. I'll see if I can get a pic. All I know is that their brother in Canada picked it up out of a cache.

Forgot to ask:

Are they willing to part with it? I'm sure that my wife wouldn't mind if I sold the car..... :laughing:

johnnie.jpg

Before you ask. It's only available to trade for very hard to find coins that I want :laughing: That image was of his brother's coin. The number of the one I have for trade is 81. He made 150, but the first 50 he tucked away to save.

I reached out across the wired world and asked Johnnie Lacy if he'd be interested in listing his legendary Coin Edition on the site...

He did!

Now, if we could only get that Mystery Coin listed...

--Marc

July 31, 2005 @ 12:03 AM

N40° 46.565' W073° 58.756'

I know someone who has one, and have seen it in person. I'll see if I can get a pic. All I know is that their brother in Canada picked it up out of a cache.

Scratch that, the one their brother found was... get ready... a square coin. Yup, there's another one out there that's even more of a mystery. I'm not sure where the round one came from, I'll have to ask.

Is there a charge to do this?

And he has 150. I know it for a fact. He just pocketed #1 through #49. I have #50 in my personal collection :laughing:

Anyone can list coins for free (in a list already on the site), so go ahead and put your "holdership" of #50 into his list!

--Marc

July 31, 2005 @ 10:29 AM

Edited by SilverMarc

I didn't hear back from team Rainbow either.

I've got an extra Geobash coin, all types of German coins, a silver calgary, and several others available for trade. You can check out all my coins at Cointracking.com

Please email me if you'd like to arrange a trade. I'm primarily looking for MiGO seasonals, pre-2005 US geocoins, other regoinal coins that I don't have, or Rare/hard to get personal coins.

Thanks for looking.

Didn't hear back either. I offered any three from my trade list. Didn't even get an acknowledgement.

After all the trading from everyone here, my little display case is overflowing! Looks like I may have to start with the binders. Anyone used those to store their coins? Pros or cons?

Still looking for any metal coin I don't already own. Love to trade!

I used to see his coins in caches all the time, but I only kept one. D'oh!

Years ago I, too, saw many Waypoint15 coins in caches but I left them all alone. I considered them to be symbolic of vanity and viewed them with some distain. Apparently, vanity has value.

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for an unregistered Midwest Geobash Coin. I hope someone out there in our Geo-Abyss can help me out. I designed the New Jersey coin and they will be minted within the month. I can promise you an even swap plus when they come in it will be one of the first mailed out. Please email me if you are interested.

Thanks,

Jerseytrex

We have an unregistered BRONZE GeoWoodstock III coin for trade. Seeking Moun10Bike 1st edition. Only 100 bronze coins were made, they were made for the staff as a reward for the hard work.

Good luck.

Not saying you WON'T get it, but the 1st run M10B coin is rare not only because so few were made but because it was the first coin made.

You may have to offer up one of your children like Nurse Dave did if you really want one! :rolleyes:

BTW, got a pic of that bronze one?

We have an unregistered BRONZE GeoWoodstock III coin for trade. Seeking Moun10Bike 1st edition. Only 100 bronze coins were made, they were made for the staff as a reward for the hard work.

Well, when you give up the impossible dream, I have a few <100 run coins I could offer in trade for it. So please keep me in mind.

dadgum, I'm worth a fortune!!!

LOL, but I recognize some cacher handles in there.  Watch the shell bidding. They close accounts if they catch ya :rolleyes:

I am certainly not shell bidding. I'd pay up to about $80 or $90 for that set, but it's going to go higher I'm sure - there's over a day left - wait until the last three minutes!

(And this is not an "I'm upset" post, just an "I'm bidding and I mean it!" post! I didn't think you were referring to me, just "us" in the collective!)

[grin]

--Marc

August 1, 2005 @ 11:52 PM

Edited by SilverMarc
dadgum, I'm worth a fortune!!!

LOL, but I recognize some cacher handles in there.  Watch the shell bidding. They close accounts if they catch ya :rolleyes:

I am certainly not shell bidding. I'd pay up to about $80 or $90 for that set, but it's going to go higher I'm sure - there's over a day left - wait until the last three minutes!

--Marc

August 1, 2005 @ 11:52 PM

Over $92 with 2 1/2 days remaining. Yikes.

BTW: I think you're looking for the term: shill bidding :D

Selling a low numbered pdxmarathonman coin is starting to look quite tempting :D

I am brand new to the coin trading aspect of Geocaching. I have several KY GeoCoins (2003 & 2004) that are available for trade. I am looking for state and event coins. Would love a GWIII coin, I attended but didn't have the foresight to buy a darn coin.

Currently I have and don't need the following)

Alaska

Georgia

Germany

Midwest Geobash

Oregon

Texas

Washington

I only have KY coins to trade at this time. Anybody want to trade? I just purchased 5 USA Coins for trading purposes also.

Is there a link of active coins that can still be purchased?

Edited by Maxine&Me
The ebay collection is currently at 102 dollars. Wow!

Yes, and in case it's YOU who's bidding against me, I'm not going any higher.

But here's my prediction for the final auction price in two days... (Remember, you read it here first!):

$149.00

--Marc

August 2, 2005 @ 11:26 AM