GEOCOIN TRADING, WANTS, OFFERS AND LISTS

EScout

Well, I only started collecting geocoins a little while ago, but I have a few available for trade.

You can link to my trading list (what I have, what I have to trade, what I have on the way) from my profile.

or.... try this link:

Sgt Stitches Geocoin Trading List

Here is what I have available for trade (as of today.. check the link in my profile for latest):

Alaska 2005

Calgary, Canada

Colorado 2005

DFW

Geowoodstock III

GGA 2005

Idaho

Mauison

MIGO 2005

Nurse Dave and Beckerbuns

Oregon 2004

Santa Cruz County 2005 - Pewter

South Africa 2004

The Fab Five

UTAG

W. Tenn

Here is what I already have:

Alabama (AGA)

Alaska 2005

AtlantaGal

Avroair

Calgary, Canada

California 2004

Canada 2004

CKayaks

Colorado 2005

Conejo Cachers

DFW

Facedances

GBES (2005 Winter)

Georgia 2004

Geowoodstock III

Germany (Bronze)

GGA 2005

Goblindust

Greenman

Habercacher

Idaho

Joy of Caching

Mauison

MIGO 2005

MIGO 2005 Spring

North Carolina

Nurse Dave and Beckerbuns

Oregon 2004

Santa Cruz County - Bronze (1 of 3)

Santa Cruz County 2005 - Pewter

South Africa 2004

SquaredD22

Texas 2003 - GC.com

Texas 2005

The Fab Five

Trez003

USA 2005

UTAG

Vacman

W. Tenn

Washington

And here is what I will have (or hope to have) soon:

Arizona

British Columbia

G.O.N.E

JeeptoysRus

Kansas

Maine

Middle Tenn

Nevada

North Dakota

Portland, OR

Rhode Island

South Carolina

United Kingdom

Virginia

Wyoming

Well, I only started collecting geocoins a little while ago

That's a pretty impressive list for having only started a while ago :(

I like the list format, I might have to mimic it for my own.

As it stands, I have 2 colorado and 2 midwest geobash coins for trade. I'm really hoping to get a fall MIGO when they're out.

I'll post an updated list tonight.

Well, I only started collecting geocoins a little while ago

That's a pretty impressive list for having only started a while ago :(

I like the list format, I might have to mimic it for my own.

As it stands, I have 2 colorado and 2 midwest geobash coins for trade. I'm really hoping to get a fall MIGO when they're out.

I'll post an updated list tonight.

I started collecting a month ago and have about 60 coins now, but that includes the doubles for trade..

It's addicting :(

Edited by ladycacher

Although the "trading" begins once the coins are produced, prior to that is the "purchase from the initial minting" part.

I inform the mint on Friday how many SilverMarc New York City coins I want minted, so if you want to stock up, now is the time for last-minute buyers.

Add a post that you're interested here on my Coin List, and I'll email you with the details.

Or just Email or PM me, but all transactions must be completed by Friday end of work day.

More details at: http://silvermarc.com/geocoin/

Happy trading!

--Marc

July 27, 2005 @ 2:40 PM

N40° 46.565' W073° 58.756'

Under my signature it used to say GeoCoin List, which was linked to a website. I was updating my profile today and the link doesn't work anymore. I have tired everything to get it to link back the way it was.

I know how to do HTML and I am computer educated, but in this case I don't know what happened, any help will be nice. I posted in the getting started area, but nobody has replied all day.

Thanks

Under my signature it used to say GeoCoin List, which was linked to a website. I was updating my profile today and the link doesn't work anymore. I have tired everything to get it to link back the way it was.

I know how to do HTML and I am computer educated, but in this case I don't know what happened, any help will be nice. I posted in the getting started area, but nobody has replied all day.

Thanks

Hi LadyCacher.

I have a link in my signature, it's simply the same forum code used in messages (you know, the brackets with the code [http etc.]

Press the "http://" button when you're writing a post, enter the URL and then the text, and take that line of code over to your Geocaching Profile and paste it there. You also have to log out, then log back in to the forums for it to "stick" so don't forget to do that.

Hope this helps, I know you're past the basic stuff I mentioned here, but one time I forgot that log out/log in thing and it threw me.

--Marc

July 27, 2005 @ 6:03 PM

Thanks

Hi LadyCacher.

I have a link in my signature, it's simply the same forum code used in messages (you know, the brackets with the code [http etc.]

Press the "http://" button when you're writing a post, enter the URL and then the text, and take that line of code over to your Geocaching Profile and paste it there. You also have to log out, then log back in to the forums for it to "stick" so don't forget to do that.

Hope this helps, I know you're past the basic stuff I mentioned here, but one time I forgot that log out/log in thing and it threw me.

--Marc

July 27, 2005 @ 6:03 PM

Finally fixed it! Gosh, don't know what happened.....I had it entered right to begin with and did the log in log out thing.

Must be the internet gods having fun again :(

Back to GeoCoin Trading.......

Edited by ladycacher

I've got:

2004 California GeoCoin

2004 Conejo Cachers

2004 Washington GeoCoin

2004 GeoCoin

2005 GeoCoin

2005 GeoCoin

2005 Alaska GeoCoin (gold)

2005 Alaska GeoCoin (silver)

2005 California GeoCoin

2005 Colorado

2005 DFW “Dallas Forth Worth”

2005 Michigan

2005 North Carolina GeoCachers Association

2005 TheFabFive

2005 Texas GeoCoin

2005 Utah

2005 GBES Navigational Rally, Great Basin & Eastern Sierra GeoCachers

2005 GeoWoodstock III

German GeoCoin

Canada Geocoin

Green Man GeoCoin (Merlin Gold Edition)

Joy of GeoCaching GeoCoin

I'm working on getting:

Kansas

Main

Maryland

Maryland

New Jersey

Ohio

Rhode Island

Silvermarc

South Carolina

Tennessee

UK Coin

Virginia

MGS Geocoin

And these would be my traders:

2004 California GeoCoin

2004 Conejo Cachers

2005 Alaska GeoCoin

2005 California GeoCoin

2005 DFW

2005 GBES Navigational Rally

2005 Michigan

2005 North Carolina GeoCoin

2005 Texas GeoCoin

Canadian GeoCoin

German GeoCoin

Joy of GeoCaching GeoCoin

Green Man GeoCoin (Merlin Gold Edition)

Well, I only started collecting geocoins a little while ago, but I have a few available for trade.

You can link to my trading list (what I have, what I have to trade, what I have on the way) from my profile.

or.... try this link:

Sgt Stitches Geocoin Trading List

I hope I have replied to all of you who have sent proposals for trades... if you have not heard back from me, please let me know. (I'd hate to appear rude by not responding... if I missed you, its only because there were many responses and I may have inadvertently missed one)

And thanks to all for the nice response. I will be updating my list as the trades are finalized, so anyone interested can always check my profile page for the link to what I have available.

Thanks again everyone.

I have an extra moun10bike original series geocoin to trade.  I want to get a collection started so I'll trade with whoever makes the best offer!  :blink:

Offer emailed.

--Marc

July 28, 2005 @ 9:57 PM

Oh yeah, along with the private offer, I'll also toss in an Alaska geocoin too.

--Marc

July 28, 2005 @ 9:59 PM

How did you acquire this coin, looks like you just took them from a cache and never released them?

Yes it seems that way but I quote from the Coins Page "If you prefer, you are also welcome to keep it and give it a new home".

Not trying to start an argument or anything, or even get the coin for myself.....just wanted to note what the page says since it is such a huge disscusion about keeping them.

Yes, I found it, thanks. I guess it is just my personal position not to trade for a coin that was not bought or traded for. Something about picking up a coin from a cache doesn't sit right with me. But I could be the only one and the coin owner doesn't seem to have a problem with it.

Yes, I found it, thanks.  I guess it is just my personal position not to trade for a coin that was not bought or traded for.  Something about picking up a coin from a cache doesn't sit right with me.  But I could be the only one and the coin owner doesn't seem to have a problem with it.

Your not the only one, and it is a HUGE issue with some folks. Just wanted to clarify for his sake......

Edited by ladycacher
Yes, I found it, thanks.  I guess it is just my personal position not to trade for a coin that was not bought or traded for.  Something about picking up a coin from a cache doesn't sit right with me.  But I could be the only one and the coin owner doesn't seem to have a problem with it.

To be fair, that's how most people acquired coins before the craze of trading via mail started.

Remember, we leave items in caches to be taken. What happens after that....

Becuase he (Moun10Bike) states that it's OK to keep it makes it OK. Now, if it were strictly a traveler, that's a different story.

I do believe that he prefers that the ones with 2,000+ miles keep moving vs. being kept, though.

Now that I think about it, this should really have it's own thread. There are going to be a LOT of replies to this offer.....

Again, where's that popcorn icon?

Edited: Typos

Edited by kealia

"Becuase he (Moun10Bike) states that it's OK to keep it makes it OK. Now, if it were strictly a traveler, that's a different story"

I don't know the owner so I can't state his opinions here. But I do notice that the second edition coins don't have the language relative to keeping to the coins.

As I said, only my personal opinion.

emailed an offer. I've tried pretty hard to get a moun10bike coin, as I'm sure others have, so I've got no issues with offering a good trade for one (I'd like to think moun10bike himself would be honored knowing his coins are so sought after :blink:)

I have 3 Rhode Island coins up for Trade, anyone interested?

just starting so,looking for pretty much anything

But looking for:

dallas-silver

*any personal coins

GWS3

Santa Cruz

Any Migo seasonal

Alaska

2005 GBES

E-mail me :D

Edited by xfalcon1

I wonder if anyone else has a RI coin to trade :D

You might want to check out my geocoin tracking page for pictures of my personal coin and a table showing all the coins I have (some are still in the mail).

Let me know if you have something I don't and want to trade.

Note: I am not likely to be purchasing anymore state or regional coins :D

Edited by pdxmarathonman
What does a Johnnie Lacy coin look like?

johnnie.jpg

Before you ask. It's only available to trade for very hard to find coins that I want :blink: That image was of his brother's coin. The number of the one I have for trade is 81. He made 150, but the first 50 he tucked away to save.

Edited by AtlantaGal
You mean you won't trade for my Georgia coin?  :blink:  I was just curious as to what it looked like because I have never seen one.  Thank you for the picture.

You're welcome.

Considering I have 3 extras myself, ummm, no ;) LOL! I just thought I'd put that trade disclaimer there since I have fielded over 35 emails about it thus far.

It's a 2" brass epoxied coin.

Edited by AtlantaGal
What coin, in your opinion, would be the rarest to obtain for one's collection (the holy grail of coins)?

I'd say an original run Moun10Bike Coin.

Anyone got one to trade? I've got lots of unique items (like the one and only nicolo silver coin, the one and only brass calgary, the one and only nickel silver calgary etc) no? oh well.