GEOCOIN TRADING, WANTS, OFFERS AND LISTS

EScout

I have CAC Geocoin #0364 for trade.

I am looking for all sorts of coins such as:

Canada Geocoin (Un-activated if trackable)

USA Geocoin (Un-activated if trackable)

African Geocoin (Un-activated if trackable)

Washington Geocoin (Un-activated if trackable)

Moun10bike Geocoin (Un-activated if trackable)

California Geocoin (Un-activated if trackable)

All State Geocoins (Un-activated if trackable)

Just make offers I have not listed all of my wants.

Please Email all offers to h1tch_h1k3r@yahoo.ca

im looking for anyone that can help me log a Moun10bike geocoin.

Agreed,

Not trying to stir the pot, but why log something that you didn't find or don't even hold.

I know that some people pass around Moun10Bike coins at events so people can 'find' them - doesn't make sense to me but to each his/her own.

But to take that a step further and just log the coin to get the icon?

Now if you were asking to actually trade for a coin - ignore my post. :D

OK I have an updated list of available coins for trades:

I have the following to trade:

Georgia 2005

Calgary

Canada

USA 2005

Texas 2005

Here are coins that I have and no longer need to trade for:

Michigan 2004

Michigan Winter Social 2005

Calgary

Oregon 2004

Washington 2004

Canada

North Carolina 2005

USA 2005

Alabama 2004

Texas 2005

Idaho 2005

Georgia 2005

Let me know if you see something that grabs your eye!

Cliff

Ok, I am updating my coins needed list: 03 Texas with Star on the back, 03 Kentucky (is there such a coin or just 04?), 04 Kentucky, Dhobby1, Indy Diver, Team Fisur, Waypoint15, Aucomia, GeoNap, Moun10bike, Kablooey. I have quite a few coins to trade, so let me know. Also willing to do a 2 for 1 trade to get a harder to find coin.

Looking for coins myself...

I already have coins from

Geonap

Oregon

Washington

Kentucky

Georgia

Michigan

GOWT (geocachers of west Tennessee)

Conejo

Canada.

Texas 05

Idaho

North Carolina

Calgary Canada

I have available to trade:

Oregon

Washington

Texas 05

Michigan

Calgary

Conejo

North Carolina (unnumbered variety)

Canada and

GOWT.

I'm looking for any coins I dont have, I'm also willing to pay $ if someone just wants to sell one.

How important are unactivated coins to people?

The Alaska geocoin will be trackable and we were going to provide the shipping list to the tracking site with the idea that all coins would arrive in cachers' hands already assigned to them. We thought this would help collectors and cachers because they wouldn't have to go through an activation step. Are we inadvertently creating a problem by going this route?

Your feedback will be much appreciated.

I don't want activated coins. Alot of people collect, some people trade. If i trade a coin to someone i don't want it activated in my name or theirs activated and now its mine. Probably easiest to let people activate if they one. One less headache for you anyhow.

ditto

I don't want activated coins. Alot of people collect, some people trade. If i trade a coin to someone i don't want it activated in my name or theirs activated and now its mine. Probably easiest to let people activate if they one. One less headache for you anyhow.

ditto

I third that. I do not want activated coins.

damenace

We're new to the coin trading/collecting business, so maybe this is a matter of terminology. The Alaska geocoin will be tracked on the same site the Oregon coins are tracked on. That site has functionality to show a transfer of a coin from one cacher (collector) to another, so the history of the coin is tracked whether it goes into a cache or not. As issuers of these coins, it would be interesting to see where the coins ultimately end up (collections, caches, wherever), assuming people log them.

No extra work is being created on our end because we'll be loading the shipping database with who gets which coins in case a shipment gets lost in the mail so we can have duplicate coins minted.

At any rate, based on the initial responses, it appears that we had a mistaken impression that we'd actually be helping people out by registering the coins in their name when the coins shipped. Will continue to watch this thread to see what a larger consensus is.

Thanks for the quick feedback!

I agree with the other 5 that would prefer them unregistered. B) Thanks for asking though!

Also, my geocoin trading page has just been updated.

Also lean toward not pre-activating. For example: I received a Canada geocoin in the mail and was unable to get it activated to me, as they pre-register the coins to the original purchaser, and nobody else can activate the coin under any circumstances. I had some....lets say "totally unsatisfactory and frustrating"...e-mail conversations with the contact for Canada geocoins until I gave up.

Here is my current list of coins I have, and a list of coins I have to trade. If you are interested in making a trade please PM me.

Coins I have:

2005 North Carolina

Michigan

2005 Texas

2004 Oregon

GOWT

2005 USA Geocoin

2005 Idaho

Vacman

2004 Washington

2004 Conejo Cachers

2005 Georgia

Calgery Cachers

2005 GBES

Coins I have to trade:

2005 Texas

2005 USA GeoCoin

Calgery Cachers

2005 Georgia

2005 GBES

Edited by Damenace

I have available to trade:

Oregon

Washington

Texas 05

Michigan

Calgary

Conejo

North Carolina (unnumbered variety)

Canada and

GOWT.

I'm looking for any coins I dont have, I'm also willing to pay $ if someone just wants to sell one.

2005 GBES For Oregon?

My daughter (12) has just recently started collecting Geocoins and has a limited selection to trade but is looking to see what is available. They usually come out of her allowance but I am trying to pick up a few trades to surprise her for her 13th B'day the 19th of May.

If you see anything you like please e-mail me and see what we can do.

Inventory for trade:

2005 USA

2004 Washington

2005 Texas

2005 Canadian

2005 Calgary Cachers

Greenman

Joy of Geocaching

2005 Michigan

2005 North Carolina

Also on order GeoWoodstock III due early June.

I’ve spotted a site that looks like its for trading coins at www.cointracking.com, but it’s not up yet.

According to the site:

Going Live on May 9th

* What is the purpose of the CoinTracking website?

o This is a place where you can list the Geocaching Coins (and other collectible coins) you have on hand, both numbered and non-numbered.

* Why would I want to list my coins?

o To facilitate trading and other exchanges of coins between coin enthusiasts. Or maybe just to honor your collection!

* How do I list my Coins?

o If the Coin Series for your coin already is here, click that link and you'll see the list of others who also have that coin. Use the "Add A Coin" link to add yours.

o If the Coin Series is not yet listed, you can Create and Manage a Coin Series. Use the "Create Coin Series" link.

* Do I have to pay?

o It's free to list your coins in any Coin Series that's already on the site.

* Why would I want to create a Coin Series?

o You will be the "Manager" of any Coin Series you create and can Revise or Delete any coins listed in your Coin Series.

o You will also be able to send Group Emails to all of the people who have coins listed in your Coin Series.

* How do I start a new Coin Series if it isn't already on the site?

o Click "Create Coin Series" in the list of links, then select either "Create a Numbered Series" or "Create a Non-Numbered Series" on the following page.

o Be prepared to Upload Two Images - the Front and the Back of the coin. The images you upload will be automatically scaled to exactly 300 x 300 pixels, so scan and size your images, and save them in the JPG format. (We suggest a white background). The site will create the smaller sizes of your images for other views.

o Or we can scan your coin(s) for you, use the Contact Form to speak to us about scanning.

* I have more questions!

o Ask away! Click Here to reach us prior to the debut of the CoinTracking.com website around the middle of May!

I should be receiving 150 personal geocoins by next week ( I expected them this week, oh well ). I'm looking to trade these 1.5 inch coins, minted in copper.

The front of the coin is the same as our local Calgary Area Cachers coin

The back of the coin is custom, designed by my geocaching buddy peanutbutterbreadandjam. The space at the bottom of the coin will be numbered but the coins won't be trackable.

I am looking for trades for other metal coins, let me know if you're interested.

Oh one thing, my coins are numbered thusly :

YYabc, where YY is the minting year and abc is numbered from 001 to 150. If you'd liek a particular number, let me know. I don't plan on trading coins 05001 - 05010 ( unless a particular trader wants 05010, ;) <- is that a wink? ). I also want to reserve a few other numbers 05013, 05030, 05088 and maybe a few others.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by nicolo
nicolo

I am not sure what I have to offer as a trade but I sure would like to get one of your coins, can you reserve one for me so I have time to figure out a trade??

Thanks a bunch!

pbb&j

With a caching name like that I would imagine there are several original sig items you could make. And when you do, I want one. ;)

nicolo

I am not sure what I have to offer as a trade but I sure would like to get one of your coins, can you reserve one for me so I have time to figure out a trade??

Thanks a bunch!

pbb&j

Ummm, I don't think you have to worry about trading me anything for some of my coins - you designed them for heavens sake! I have a few mentally reserved for you, just give me some numbers you may be interested in, > #10 and not #30 and some other reserved numbers, listed in my first post about this ... I think.

Edited by nicolo
nicolo

Thanks a bunch!

pbb&j

With a caching name like that I would imagine there are several original sig items you could make. And when you do, I want one. :D

Wait until you see his personal TB, VERY cool!

If anyone is interested I have a 'duplicated' 2005 USA Geocoin.

Basically if you want a coin only for collecting only since there is another coin with the same number that has already been activated.

Contact me if interested.

This coin is no longer available

Edited by Eric K
I have just started collecting the geocoins so don't have anything to trade but would be willing to purchase if someone has some they would sell.

Thanks!

Ditto. I'd like to get into this as well as other activities. Point and I'll charge up the hill.

Thanks

:laughing:

UPDATED!!!

My coins are finished and they arrived today, yay!

As of right now, I am interested in trading for Personal Geocoins and Geo Association/Group Coins only. Let me know what coin you can offer that I don't have currently or coming soon.

TO: Pepper, pghlooking and Bluegillfisherman, my end of the trade will mail out tomorrow. So look for them in your mail next week!

ALREADY HAVE:

2005 GBES

Ray & Rose

BluegillFisherman

Nurse Dave & Beckerbuns

Trez Aztec Gold

Trez Pirate Trezure

Geocache Tresure

2004 AGA

GeoCricket/Idaho

2005 Georgia

2004 Pennsylvania

2004 Conejo Cachers

Canada

Team Super Genius/Pepper

Facedances

TRADES MADE/COINS I WILL HAVE:

2005 GGA (Pre-Ordered)

GeoWoodstock (Ordered)

Shop99er

Moun10bike

FabFive

ckayaks

MIGO

AVAILABLE FOR TRADE:

2005 Georgia (3 available)

2005 GGA (TBD in June, 3 available)

Trez Pirate Trezure

AtlantaGal - My Personal Coins (View Art Here) and (Actual Finished Coin)

Please Note: Person's who have been noted as not fulfilling their end of trades in past dealings with other GCers will be required to ship first.

Edited by AtlantaGal