GEOCOIN TRADING, WANTS, OFFERS AND LISTS

EScout

Okay, talking with WoW it's becoming obvious that there is a large number of coin collectors and we are buying extra coins in hopes of trading with others. Yet, those others are buying every coin they see also. Someone else in a tread had mentioned getting a group of collectors together to order coins as they come out so each person doesn't have to hunt for people taking orders. At first I really didn't want to do this but since then there are more and more people collecting and many coins coming out. So I propose we do make a group.

I'll go ahead and start it in another thread and people can just add their names on if they wish.

Agreed... There may be a couple added benefits to a coin purchasing group, and it'll get rid of all the extras bought up in hopes of making trades with the same coin that everyone already has.

One other benefit might be that organizations that haven't yet minted a coin would know there's enough people willing to purchase coins that they could explore the idea of getting their own coins minted, without the fear of getting stuck with a bunch that they can't sell to recoup costs.

Seems like maybe I posted a question earlier today regarding geocoins in the wrong forum so maybe this is the correct forum to address this question to. We have a bunch of Maine people who are contemplating having a geocoin minted from Maine and I was wondering if any of you people out there could give us some feedback as to suppliers,costs, designs etc. If you have any info that might help us not make the mistakes that others may have made in getting their coins minted it would be a great help. You can either post the answers here or visit our website www.geocachingmaine.org and help us out there. Thanks a bunch Haffy6 :ph34r::(:huh:

Seems like maybe I posted a question earlier today regarding geocoins in the wrong forum so maybe this is the correct forum to address this question to. We have a bunch of Maine people who are contemplating having a geocoin minted from Maine and I was wondering if any of you people out there could give us some feedback as to suppliers,costs, designs etc. If you have any info that might help us not make the mistakes that others may have made in getting their coins minted it would be a great help. You can either post the answers here or visit our website www.geocachingmaine.org and help us out there. Thanks a bunch Haffy6 :ph34r::(:huh:

Drop a line to Nurse Dave, he has had quite a bit of experience on this.

Ok, I need OKIC, 2003 USA geocoin, 2003 Kentucky, 2004 Kentuck, 2004 Penn.

If you have any of these and want to trade, let me know. I have a few to trade including the elusive Missouri coin (aka KC coin). I am also interested in personal coins that I don't have. foster33@sbcglobal.net

Hello there,

The new Calgary Area Cachers coin is out. I have a few to trade:

#'s 353,354,355,356,357,358,359,361,362,363

Currently, I have in my collection:

Canada

Oregon 2004

California 2004

So I basically need almost all coins new and old! Let me know what you have and I would be happy to mail our a coin for you if you have something I need.

Just got my second order of GA coins today. If anyone is looking for a trade, let me know.

I currently have the following:

Alabama '04

Calgary (on the way)

California '04

Canada

CKayaks

Conejo Cachers

Facedances

Georgia

HaberCacher

Idaho

Michgan (MIGO)

ND & BB

Pennsylvania '04

Texas '05

Trez's Aztrez Treasure

Trez's Pirate Trezure

Washington '04

West Tennessee (GOWT)

I'm open to offers for any coins I don't currently have.

Thanks,

S-4-C

I came across a trade item bonanza yesterday. One of our former business entities used to handle promotional items such as custom embroidery, specialty printed items, lapel pins, etc. While cleaning out one of the old office spaces I ran across a box full of lapel pin, keychain and medallion samples. I have more cache loot than I can possibly trade for quite some time, and it was all free!

Some of the items are the tokens in this picture: Token Samples

I figured if someone out there wanted to swap a token for one of these we could both come out happy. If there's no interest I can still use them for trades in local caches. There's a couple of them that are pretty nice.

If you see something you like, message me about a trade.

Thanks,

S-4-C

EDIT: I forgot to note that the back of most of these items is blank. I don't know if this is a good or a bad thing, but I wanted to be sure to make it known.

Edited by Strapped-4-Cache

Following up on my last post, I found another stash of items that were stored away that I was able to "rescue" for caching purposes. Unfortunately, I had to pay to acquire these items, but they appealed to me so I picked them up. Here's a link to the pic: Medallions

As noted in my last post, I'm open to trades for these items for geocoins or sig items that I don't already have. If there's no interest I'll just use them for trade items in local caches. Message me if you're interested.

Thanks,

S-4-C

I brokedown and bit the bullet. My artwork is finished for my coin and I will be placing my order as soon as I receive the "ok" from gc.com regarding their logo use.

Turnaround is 3 weeks from date order is placed. I'll trade for other personal geocoins only.

Oh man, so are those of us that already swapped for Georgia coins hosed? :rolleyes:

I brokedown and bit the bullet. My artwork is finished for my coin and I will be placing my order as soon as I receive the "ok" from gc.com regarding their logo use.

Turnaround is 3 weeks from date order is placed. I'll trade for other personal geocoins only.

Oh man, so are those of us that already swapped for Georgia coins hosed? :rolleyes:

Nope, just find me another personal coin to trade or trade me some of your other signature items. Worst case, I'll sell you and Ray one at my cost, which is about $4.90.

Edited by AtlantaGal

Nah, I'm just a sucker for siggy items :) Besides it only applies to you and Ray. The other coins I traded for were mainly extras of other people's or state coins. I didn't make that many trades. Of course I'm hoping that will change now, lol.

Speaking of Ray... buddy, you still waiting on those whistles or what? :rolleyes:

mygeocoin.jpg

Atlanta Gal,

I'd like to set up a trade with you.

I'm waiting for my proofs to arrive, so I can finalize my order.

I'm guessing 4-6 weeks.

E-mail me if your interested