Custom POI

I tried the search and couldn't come up with anything, so I am posting this as a new topic.

Two questions, how do I clear them out - it is getting to be a mess, since I have 4 entries for each cache. This will be the first weekend, I will try to use the POI instead of paper or dragging my laptop.

Secondly, How do I save them to my SD card, so I can have more, or will it automatically overflow to the SD card?

Thanks!!

Two questions, how do I clear them out - it is getting to be a mess, since I have 4 entries for each cache. This will be the first weekend, I will try to use the POI instead of paper or dragging my laptop.

Secondly, How do I save them to my SD card, so I can have more, or will it automatically overflow to the SD card?

Which GPSr?

With a Garmin Nuvi (only one I have that can take an external card) the POILoader application can be used to erase custom POI, or to overwrite existing POI with a new set.

The SD and internal memory appear as different devices which you pick from POILoader.

Edit : saw in one of your posts that you have a Vista HCX. Give POILoader a try and see if it shows up as two different devices. If not, try plugging the memory card into a card reader and see if POILoader allows you to select the card reader.

Edited by Chrysalides

Not sure with your model but most garmins if it is saved to the GPS then it is w waypoint and must be deleted from in the gps.

POI's are stored to the memory through POILoader (a free program from gamin) they can be deleted through the gps's mass storage mode or by plugging the SD card into a card reader.

Again not sure if this is true for all models, but this is at least the way it works on my Etrex Legend CX

Edited by luckybobb

Which GPSr?

With a Garmin Nuvi (only one I have that can take an external card) the POILoader application can be used to erase custom POI, or to overwrite existing POI with a new set.

The SD and internal memory appear as different devices which you pick from POILoader.

Edit : saw in one of your posts that you have a Vista HCX. Give POILoader a try and see if it shows up as two different devices. If not, try plugging the memory card into a card reader and see if POILoader allows you to select the card reader.

On my Venture Cx, custom POIs are always loaded to the micro SD card. They are never deleted per se, but are all overwritten by POI Loader the next time I upload POIs.

To the OP, if you have a micro SD card for your Vista HCx, you can load POIs to the unit with Garmin's free POI Loader program. It is actually really easy. You merely start the program and it will recognize your GPSr (attached via USB and turned on). You then identify the folder that holds the gpx or csv file(s) and it quickly loads them to your GPSr's micro SD card.